[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What the fuck happened /p/? He's not rambling anymore,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 4

File: 1Q-OQiVI.jpg (42KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1Q-OQiVI.jpg
42KB, 512x512px
What the fuck happened /p/?
He's not rambling anymore, he just adds extremely long music transitions between cuts, and seems more like a really hip granddad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3hYKBRzJsY0
>>
>>2998015

what are you on, faggot. that vid was pretty cool and he seemed very appreciative of the zines he got, music was garbage, but whatevs.
>>
He's trying pretty hard to stay relevant now.

Things you may have noticed from the last 6 months.
>he now uses a thumbnail style similar to other youtubers
>he's tried hard to copy Matt Day's style since he got popular
>Ted now gearfags a lot more making videos for P&S announcements that he hasn't seen
>EVERY TITLE MUST BE IN CAPS
>HE ALSO TRIES THE CASEY NEISTAT TITLE THING WHICH KINDA WORKS FOR HIM SINCE JUST LIKE A CASEY NEISTAT TITLE YOU FEEL LIED TO BECAUSE IT TAKES 8 FUCKING MINUTES FOR HIM TO GET TO THE POINT
Never forget ted's dusty, messy apartment with cats and cardboard boxes everywhere.
>>
What are some /p/ related jootubers that are worth watching?
>>
>>2998163
me.
>>
>>2998165
No Tony, you're not.
>>
>>2998155

These are my main gripes with him. He lost most of his credibility with the click-bait nature of his videos.

I really wish he would go back to his roots and teach people techniques, show them methods of development, maybe even talk about creating your own darkroom, with all the artist stuff he does on top.

He seems like a self-important dude as well, I doubt I'd ever like to work with him.
>>
>>2998184
I am not a youtuber but it took me a little while to figure film photography/development/enlarging out. and i was thinking of either doing a write-up, a video, or a collage to explain all the basics. If you have any ideas or input let me know
>>
>>2998231
>>2998184
Dozens and dozens of youtube vids out there nutting out in fractional detail how to correctly execute every single aspect of every photographic process imaginable.
>waaaah but i want my favewit man to show meeeeee
fucking millenials
>>
>>2998231
As it did for me. I had a friend who showed me how to develop photos, and then my gf showed me how to print. These are not straight-forward methods, and they take time to get right.

Since then I've gone to make my own developer, and I think I'm OK at printing and developing.

I just wish there was a solid youtuber that could do this, someone that isn't some narcissist twat, and someone who has passion for it, not youtube shekels. I'd like to point to Mattias Wandel, a Canadian who does woodworking videos in the most inoffensive, yet comfy manner possible, no ego, no bullshit - just great content. If there was a photography equivalent that would be incredible.

Instead what we see is:

Ted Forbes: Used to be good, now pretentious and tiresome to watch

Matt Day: Boring and rambling - christ I can't make it past 5 minutes in his videos.

Negative Feedback: Little drips of good info here and there, but overall a supreme hipster who looks like an alien and is too obsessed with his video's style.

All 3 are mediocre in terms of learning an actual skill to do with film photography.

So ideas:

- Show the basics of film development, history, techniques, people, etc...
- Show what a set up looks like for printing, the principles behind it, the general idea of burning light onto photosensitive paper
- Show how the average joe can do it
- What films give out what output, and what is the difference in b/w dev to colour.

Essentially technical stuff, but weave in personal projects so the audience has a reason to follow you. I really don't understand how this hasn't happened yet.
>>
>>2998037
oh I actually did enjoy the video, I was just not expecting it after avoiding him for so long because of his ramblings
>>
>>2998166
kek'd
>>
File: powerfulprotestfeat.jpg (218KB, 1200x630px) Image search: [Google]
powerfulprotestfeat.jpg
218KB, 1200x630px
This iconic photo really made me think..Thanks Ted.
>>
>>2998633
I never got that image. She looks like an arrogant stuck-up cunt
>>
i dont even like him but i liked this video
>>
He's doing something different than most other youtubers, but when he does the product reviews it really cheapens his 'brand'.
he really should stick to talking about the industry, scene and philosophy.

Kinda wish he'd cover some more studio/fashion/landscape photographers and books, but he seems to have a massive hard-on for street (which personally bores the absolute shit out of me)
>>
>>2998651
>but he seems to have a massive hard-on for street

street is every photographers endgame. but its not for everyone.
>>
>>2998662
>street is every photographers endgame

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2017:01:09 11:30:14
>>
>>2998163
matt day is cool, his new rolleiflex video is awesome

ed pavez

negative feedback
>>
>>2998645
because she is
>>
>>2998240

Thanks for the advice. I will give it some more thought. I don't want to make it a long term project but i do want everything to be simplified and in one place so if someone wants to get into shooting film they don't have to do two weeks of research across the entire internet to learn.
>>
>>2998969
his latest video is also really insightful, where he talks about how shooting with digital is sometimes felt as cheating. I think he was quite right in what he was saying
>>
>>2998969
Boring, pleb, rich boi. Next.
>>
>>2998155

im unsubscribing from his channel..

bring the old ted forbes back :(
>>
>>2999509
>Insightful

He really just mentally masturbates over the silliest, most inconsequential shit possible.

>Muh muh feelings

Like holy fuck wow, you used a digital camera to take a picture and it's not TRVE photography, so you'll sulk in a self-flagellating video to seem like some kind of martyr, please please fuck off.
>>
>>2999551
>being this triggered
>>
>>2999566
Nah bruh, just tired, tired of youtubers talking about their "feewings" instead of the hobby I originally subscribed to them for.
>>
>>2999519
what about Kenneth Wajda?
>>
Try not to watch YouTube much but recently I've seen a bit of Matthias Burling, Foresthillfilmlab, and David Thorpe
>>
>>2999576
seconding Matthias Burling, he has some really good quality videos on film photography and home development
>>
Ben Horne is a personal favourite, comfy videos and an actual good photographer. If you're not into landscape photography you probably won't care for his shit though
>>
>>2999519
>being this shallow
>>
>>2999767
>having this little taste
>>
>>2998664
kek
>>
>>2999948
>having no taste and hating everything and having a miserable life and being a lame meanie
>>
>>3000242
>having better taste than you and winning my greentext arguments without resorting to calling someone a meanie because abloo bloo bloo he doesn't like these "film" youtube channels I found that no-one knows about
>>
>>3000394
where is your better argument? who was arguing? or are you looking for a battle to win in your sad life you gayboy
>>
>>2999583
His channel is definitely comfy as fuck. I get his reasoning for re-visiting places he's been to in the past, but i'd love to see him thrown in the deep end and visit another part of the country or even go international.
definitely not complaining about the quality of his work, its pretty fucking great.
>>
>>2998651
i really like elia locardi for landscapes
>>
>>3002125
if you enjoy extremely average photos of tourist attractions that everyone has already photographed, then yeah he's great...
>>
>>2998240

Funny. I've started a channel for my shitty vlogs but the education aspect like you've said is exactly what I want to start next. Glad to hear people want it. I hate having to go to a million places to find everything and then in different formats. I hate having to was some hipster kids 10 minute video just to see what a few pictures of a specific film look like.

Once I'm done with travel for a bit I'll start filming.
>>
>>2999567

Thank PewDiePie for that. Every YouTuber has an opinion about feelings right now.
>>
>>3002425
isnt that the guy that became redpilled and is currently vloging about the jews and stuff?
>>
>>2998015
This portrait is ugly as fuck. Why the hell is he looking to the other side?
>>
>>3002429

No.

He's the guy with 53m subscribers and makes stupid videos about vidya.
>>
>>2998969
I watch all of these LOL

My problem with matt though is that he falls under this real memey category of 30 year old white skater dads from boring towns who shoot strictly black and white on their Leica m6's with 35mm lenses. Seriously look at his podcast like the first 4 people on the podcast are like the same exact person. But other than that he's cool

Also negative Feedbacks videos can sometimes be kinda pointless but they're always fun to watch
>>
>>2998163
Matt day is cool despite being slightly memey

Ed pavez is good too, one of the only photo youtubers who aren't terrible at photography

Mike Janik, not the best photographer but has good insight and is a pretty cool dude

And of course the godliest of the God tiers of god tiers, thecamerastore
>>
>>2998239
I didn't know 36 is millennial
>>
>>2998645
It's just a fairly dramatic photo that was taken during a dramatic time, Its probably just gonna end up in a few high school history book, it's not gonna be the next napalm girl or anything
>>
>>3006111
>Its probably just gonna end up in a few high school history book
>implying nigger propaganda is going to run unchecked now

now that MAGA is a reality, i dont think so, tim.
>>
>>3006108

General consensus is 1980-1996.

Fucking millennials these days.
>>
File: 084.png (102KB, 300x256px) Image search: [Google]
084.png
102KB, 300x256px
>>3006118

>he thinks literally anything is going to change
>he thinks his side "won"
>he thinks people respond seriously to lowbrow, low quality bait
>>
>>2998240
>show basics of film development, history, techniques, people
Matt day and Ted Forbes do this

>show what a setup looks like for printing
Ted Forbes does this

>show how the average joe can do this
Matt day and Ted Forbes do this

>show what films give what output and the difference developing B&w to color
There's like 1000 videos that cover this

>matt days videos are too long
So you just want matt days videos for people with short attention spans

>Ted Forbes pretentious and tiresome
True but your post is pretty pretentious so I don't think you could beat him in the pretentiousness department

Plus how many technical videos about film can you make before resorting to gearfaggotry. i mean sure your channel could make several videos about developing or printing but after a while you'd probably have covered all aspects of developing and printing Which is fine if you don't want to keep on making videos and just want to put the information out there but honestly you can't support a channel on it

I mean it sounds like you just want to make your own version of matt days channel which is totally fine and I like the idea but when you say "I don't get why someone hasn't made a channel like this yet" it cracks me up because matt day made a channel like that but you said you just simply don't have the attention span to watch it
>>
>>3006125
Love the "millenials are evil!" Meme

"What did the millenials do? We don't know but they sure as hell did it!"
>>
>>3006141

I was being ironic, you stupid millennial.
>>
>>3006144
>loses argument
>claims he was joking

Classic
>>
>>3006141

>what did the millennials do?

Not much, apart from incur student debt for useless education, and invent safe spaces to cry in.
>>
>>3006647

follow the replies, fucktard.
>>
>>3006106
>Matt day is cool despite being slightly memey
Boring. Boring. Rapid decline in content. Is respected only by Ted Forbes viewers and people jumping on the hip film bandwagon.
>Ed pavez is good too, one of the only photo youtubers who aren't terrible at photography
Shit street photography, big headed, boring videos which follow the same formula too closely. Trash all round.
>Mike Janik, not the best photographer but has good insight and is a pretty cool dude
Boring content, wants to be the next Ted and Matt.
>And of course the godliest of the God tiers of god tiers, thecamerastore
Gear videos on only digital shit, yeah sign that shit up for 10 seasons and a movie.
>>
>>3007218
I thought the "everything is shit but me" meme died in 2015
>>
>>3007218
This desu tbqh familia
>thecamerastore
>STORE
It's like watching ads without being paid for it
>>
Out of the "newer" youtubers I only like Mike Janik, not into that brit or his crowd of people. I like Lok and Kai (he was always the weakest of his group imo don't get the hype) but they need more variety of solo content now. Not enough Analogrev
>>
>>3006133
>Matt day and Ted Forbes do this

Bitch, they DID it, now all they do is fucking prattle about nothing for a solid 10 min to get that youtube cash.

>There's like 1000 videos that cover this
There is no continual series on it, there is no "big project" that is documented, only throw away videos.

>So you just want matt days videos for people with short attention spans
No, I have shit to do and the last of those things is to watch some dowdy country bumpkin cluck on and on about his "feewings" because he accidentally shot a picture in program that one time and feels guilty because of it.

>True but your post is pretty pretentious
Herp derp

Alright Matt, don't be hurt - you're a massive faggot but you don't need to prove it further.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.