[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/05/d ji-acquires-hasselblad-t

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 3

File: HasselbladUllism.jpg (8KB, 220x155px) Image search: [Google]
HasselbladUllism.jpg
8KB, 220x155px
https://techcrunch.com/2017/01/05/dji-acquires-hasselblad-the-iconic-swedish-camera-company/
>>
HassleBAD AMIRITE
>>
>>2997653

Finally, the "muh moon" meme is dead.
>>
SWEDEN KEKED AGAIN
>>
Hasselblad hasn't made a significant camera in 20 years.
I'm surprised this didn't happen sooner.
>>
>>2997696

>literally all major fashion/editorial photographers shoot hasselblad digital
>no significant cameras

lmao
>>
>>2997676
what is this meme?
>>
>>2997736
Hasselblad likes to cling to the fact that they made cameras for NASA back during the Apollo days, as does Omega with their whole MAN ON THE FUCKING MOON advertising.
>>
>>2997734
[Citation heavily fucking needed lol]
>>
>>2997653
Do we really need 3 threads? Christ.
>>
File: v1d-side-banner2.jpg (83KB, 1000x505px) Image search: [Google]
v1d-side-banner2.jpg
83KB, 1000x505px
>>2997749
Omega gets away with it since watches are essentially frivolous things and theirs are still really good on their own merits. A Speedmaster has been the top of my wishlist for years and I didn't even know about the moon thing until I fell in love with the watch and started reading about it.

Hassy, on the other hand, is basically a has-been. Phase One has always had better digital tech and Hassy doesn't even have a "prestige" brand making their lenses anymore. (Not that the Fujinons aren't excellent, but I think even Phase One's Schneiders sound more impressive.)

I own a 500 series and love it, but if I were in the market for DMF I'd have a lot of trouble justifying an H series over a Phase One or an X over the upcoming Fuji MF.

The V1D concept looks pretty cool though, and it's what I've been saying Hasselblad should make for ages. Let's see if it makes production and what the price ends up being, though.
>>
>>2997749
but Hasselblad were STILL doing that last year when they announced the X1D, they were also spouting it once more with their "digital" concept.
They'll never stop spouting it until someone find a way to link the moon to sexism or racism.
>>
>>2997734
I think you mean Phase One
>>
>>2997849

>phase who?
>>
File: WE WUZ ASTRONAUTS.jpg (941KB, 2560x1600px) Image search: [Google]
WE WUZ ASTRONAUTS.jpg
941KB, 2560x1600px
>>2997818
Well I mean only white males have been to the moon...

Or have they?
>>
>>2997896
canon fangirl detected
>>
>>2997896

>>phase who?

Surely you jest
>>
>>2997909
Tell me I'm not the only one who started humming the SG:1 theme upon seeing this pic.
>>
>>2997778
>are still really good on their own merits.
lol
>swatch group
>parts made in china
>muh "swiss made"
>>
>>2997757
I've been at a workshop with one of the more well known model photographers of my country, he still uses Hassel.
>>
>>2997818
Kind of embarassing at this stage.

I really get bored when companies ride on the coat-tails of their brand and have inflated prices as a result. Hasselblad is good, but quality doesn't scale with price.

Some goes for Leica. Film stuff, OK, I get it, but their digital stuff is a bit kekerific.
>>
>>2997968
Yeah, but they look great, and that's really the point of watches these days.

Besides, you can always get a vintage one, since watches don't go obsolete like cameras do.
>>
>>2997818
>>2998049
It's like that uncle of yours who always finds a way to talk about how he caught the game winning pass 40 years ago in some rivalry game.
>>
>>2997676
>going to space
>not taking your pentax
failfish.
>>
>>2997749
>Only the film magazines were brought back from the moon. 12 Hasselblad cameras were left behind on the lunar surface during the Apollo program.
junk cameras, they didn't even want to keep them.
>>
>>2998447
Sort of like this guy:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LtiCfJzxelo
>>
>>2997734
Nah, there are many but there is so much more in the world of medium format.
You have Mamiya / Leaf, Phase One (also making digibacks for hasselblad v series) and much more in the analog world.
>>
How did they get correct exposure on the moon? Sunny 16 or what?

Anyway, the magazines were far more special than the cameras. They had something like a 60 frame capacity each. Best bring custom shit like that back home.
>>
>>2999652
Moony 18
>>
>>2999652
The cameras were custom made for the Lunar program too, it's just that you save on weight and space by just bringing back the most important piece.
There was a lot of shit left on the moon, including broadcast cameras and research equipment.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.