[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Going to recreate these (2 more under this) portraits in studio

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: Quentin_Taratino.jpg (75KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
Quentin_Taratino.jpg
75KB, 1024x683px
Going to recreate these (2 more under this) portraits in studio for a task in media class.
Any help when it comes to lighting, focal length etc.?
>>
>>
>>
>mfw I just finished watching Reservoir Dogs and this is the first thread I see
>>
Looks like maybe one softbox (can't tell if continous or flash). Off at an angle to achieve the dark areas. As for focal length most likely 50mm as that is the standard portrait lens usually however if you use a zoom lens you can adjust to your liking in the studio with out faffing with lens as long as you don't mind the slight drop in quality
>>
Point light in a Rembrandt kind of pattern, camera right and raised above. See the abruptness of the shadow line pointing to a hard point light. The direction of the shadows plus the location of the highlight in his eye points to the light's position.

Focal length isn't telephoto. The size of his hands compared to his face indicates a close camera position, but the tight crop and lack of excessive distortion in his face rules out a wide angle lens, so likely a 50mm was used. And it looks "normal"

Make sure you use a light background and dark clothing or you'll lose the effect. Preserve the lighter detail in his skin while demolishing the shadows to get that kind of contrast. Notice there's absolutely no detail in the dark areas of the photo.
>>
Also, light source isn't particularly close (or relatively big) since shadows aren't that soft
>>
>>2997373

Overrated, in my opinion. Thoughts?
>>
>>3000167
I really enjoyed it apart from the idea of Mr. White threatening to kill the son and father if they shot Mr. Orange. It doesn't make a whole lot of sense why Mr. White would side with some newfag over two people he's known and done business with for a long time. That being said it still made for a great ending so I'm glad Tarantino didn't go a different way with it. Also I like the similarities between Reservoir Dogs and The Hateful Eight
>>
>>3000172

>Whats your opinion on this movie?
>hurrdurr plothole, blalblabla why X character acts like if he was in a fucking movie? Why doesnt he solve the issue rationally so the movie lasts 5 minutes instead of 2 hours?
>Yeah...I guess you found a "plothole" but what about acting, cinematography, edition, ost, themes of the film?
>What is that?

>>>/youtube/
>>
>>3000167

2nd best Tarantino film behind Pulp Fiction. A masterpiece in crime with kinetic and clever dialogue, shot classy and fun. Everything after Kill Bill is overrated and obnoxious.
>>
>>3000323
lmao shut the fuck up you pretentious faggot
>>
>>2997363
results?
>>
>>3000167

It's one of my favs. There's an interview somewhere, where Quintin says that he used to think it was sacreligious not to think so highly of it since it was his first baby, but it's not his favorite anymore.

It seems a bit dated compared to how awesome Inglorious Basterds was but there's something about the acting in that movie that will never not be amazing. Still love Tim Roth's telling of the near drug bust in the bus station, with the dog just barking at him. So good.

But, then I also watched "The Killing" by Kubrick from the 50's and realized it was his movie first...
>>
File: The-Killing-1956.jpg (122KB, 1267x759px) Image search: [Google]
The-Killing-1956.jpg
122KB, 1267x759px
>>3004415

The Killing is the fuking shiiiiit.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.