[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Any of you guys bring your cameras with you everywhere you go?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 8

File: 1479768492704.jpg (85KB, 373x615px) Image search: [Google]
1479768492704.jpg
85KB, 373x615px
Any of you guys bring your cameras with you everywhere you go?
What do you do/say to people who ask you why the fuck you carry your camera everywhere

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
Yes.

No one ever asks, fuckwit. Why would they?
>>
>>2993401

Like everywhere? Like you're going out to eat or making a run to the grocery store everywhere?

Not really - if I need a quick shot I'll just use my phone and if it's something where I go "holy shit that would me make a great photo" I'll just come back.
>>
>>2993406
I've been asked before.
>>
>>2993408
so you just tell them you like to take pictures. You don't owe anyone more than that.
>>
Tell whoever asks that you're on a mission taking pictures for the NSA, and if they don't want you following them around, they better quit asking so many questions.
>>
>>2993408
lies. people dont give a fuck.

you are a sheltered pussy that has never taken his camera outside home.
>>
>>2993422
>>2993414
>people who can't use a keyboard
I can see how that'd be near impossible for you to believe.
>>
Absolutely nobody cares. Unless you're like... Near a military base or something I guess
>>
File: fuck you candy Khaine.png (216KB, 339x512px) Image search: [Google]
fuck you candy Khaine.png
216KB, 339x512px
>>2993401
>>2993422
99% of the time I talk to random people while shooting, it's a gearfag asking me about my setup and how I like it, then I ask them about their shit, what their goal with the shit is, we wish each other a good shoot and part ways, pretty fucking simple.
>>
>>2993442
>99% of the time I talk to random people while shooting, it's a gearfag asking me about my setup

thats because youre a digipleb who runs into other microdicked digiplebs. us film masters get looks of jelly and admiration, because you dont bother a seasoned pro with stupid questions, people know that.
>>
>>2993446
not sure if sarcasm
>>
>>2993446
>microdicked digiplebs
for some reason my sides
>>
Yes, but it's a M43 and almost always buried in my backpack.
>>
File: edgy013.jpg (164KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
edgy013.jpg
164KB, 1200x800px
>>2993553
>giving $17 to a stranger
This happens when you're not a digipleb.
It's because patrician film shooters a)aren't poor as fuck; b)practise their art with a spirit of goodwill and comraderie that epeen waving L-lense bragging digiscrubs will never know.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.6
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.8
Serial Number1132529712
Lens NameEF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2015:04:26 20:43:28
Exposure Time1/90 sec
F-Numberf/16.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/16.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1200
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeCenter-Weighted
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceDaylight
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix129
>>
>>2993401
>Any of you guys bring your cameras with you everywhere you go?
I only bring one camera with me
>What do you do/say to people who ask you why the fuck you carry your camera everywhere
they usually ask me if I carry it everywhere, and I say yes, then if they ask why I answer it's to take pictures, I never know when I'll find something worth taking a picture of
somebody finds it ridiculous, somebody is fascinated by it, and most don't really care
>>
>>2993567
>mfw digiplebs wear huge and tacky straps with their cameras brand logo stamped in big letters so other digicucks that use the same brand know they have encountered a safe space where they can unleash their autism without being socially ostracized

cant make this shit up.
>>
>>2993446
lol I get more attention and questions when I bring my film gear out than I ever do with digital.

I can't go 5 minutes without some old person coming up and gushing about how somebody they knew had a Hasselblad like mine or how they used to be into photography and always wanted one or whatever.
>>
Yeah I have had acquaintances ask why I always carry a camera. I told them that I wanted to be ready if I saw something interesting to shoot. Then one of them said they hardly ever see me shoot while I was with them, and I told them that was because they never did anything worth shooting.

> if I need a quick shot I'll just use my phone and if it's something where I go "holy shit that would me make a great photo" I'll just come back.
There is a problem with that. The light that made you say holy shit has passed, so you missed that shot, and it may never come again. So yes I carry mine, because if I do not I know a holy shit moment will happen. I would rather carry it and not need it, than need it and not have it.
>>
>>2993712
>because they never did anything worth shooting.
there are always things worth shooting specially with people you know or friends, if you take that picture now and look at it a month or two later you may have found there was actually something there.
>>
I typically bring around a film point and shoot, because I don't know what the fuck I'll see. I'll sometimes use the phone if I have to.

Rarely do I lug around my main SLR.
>>
File: nr080805fourthirdse.gif (5KB, 300x271px) Image search: [Google]
nr080805fourthirdse.gif
5KB, 300x271px
Yes, I do.
I carry a MFT camera with me everywhere.
Nobody asks me "Why the fuck I bring it everywhere" because the diminutive size fits it into anything as small as a jacket pocket or a bicycle saddle bag. Out of sight and worry, and usually with a handful of primes and zooms.

When people see my camera out because I'm using it, they ask questions like:
"What are you taking a picture of?"
"Is that a film camera?"
"Is that expensive?"
"Could you move over, I'm trying to cycle past you?"

And even this is very rare. Nobody cares, 99 out of a hundred times. I'm willing to bet they still don't care 9 out of 10 times they say something, and have other reasons to start a conversation with you.
>>
Yes.
They don't ask.
>>
>>2993567
Also, this post was in response to some anon that posted this and deleted it, for reasons unknown (but possibly also b&)

>I almost aleays have a camera with me. Nobody asks me shit because it fits in my pocket. They might ask about it if I take it out to shoot a photo... but it's always about the camera and now about why I have it.

>Only time I've gotten comments while shooting medium format entailed people (usually older folks) being genuinely surprised to see someone shooting film. I'd hand my camera over and let them gush at how rad it is to look through the WLF.

>Only time a random younger person has ever said anything to me was a younger lad on vacation asking where he could grab a roll of 120 film since he had run out. Tossed him a roll of Portra and told him where to find my favorite film shop.
>>
I typically carry my olympus xa around with me everyday, and take my canon a-1 if I'm going with friends.
>>
Yeah. I take it with me everywhere I go. No one ever says anything and if they did so what. Fuck them all,
>>
I've been approached in a alley way in my little shit town, I was taking a pic of a broken ass door and the dude just says, "You taking pictures" and I said "yep"
>>
File: REEEEEEE.png (382KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
REEEEEEE.png
382KB, 680x680px
>>2993401
>that one girl who approached me and started getting all flirty, doing "omg yur sooo deep, what does your art mean!" type shit

GO AWAY I'M TAKING PICTURES NOT LOOKING FOR A MATE, THE LIGHTING CONDITIONS ARE FADING AND I AM MISSING THEM YOU VAPID CUNT REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>2993814
Yeah, I'm just a retard and accidently deleted it. Couldn't be fucjed to retype. Thx for the copy paste.

>RE giving $17 to a stranger. I had bought a metric fuckton if Portra in bulk off eBay. Price per roll was around $4. The light was really nice and they were in a photogenic part of town.
>>
>>2993401
No-one rarely asks, but without much edgysperging I say something like "you never know when you need it"
>>
>>2994062
fucking hell mate
>>
>>2994305
If you don't know that feel you are a a trendslave, not a photographer.
>>
>>2994316
>photographer = autist
not always friendo
>>
>>2994629
hey man the lighting was really really good, if you'd been there you'd have wanted to pimp slap the slut too
>>
I just keep it in my pocket. It's easier to just hide a camera and not get a label.
>>
>this country
>having conversations with strangers

Good one m8
>>
>>2994698
finlan that you?
>>
I keep my Polaroid locked in a box under my car seat and carry it around with me very often. For the usual reasons, but also because having an instant physical copy is very valuable in certain situations.

Best of all, a surprising number of random people have payed me to take pictures of them. Guys with their dates or dads with their families will walk up to me and offer me five bucks for a pic. This has probably happened about a dozen times by now.

The only time it's ever been an issue was when I snapped a pic of some cops arresting a a black dude who was passed out in the street and one of them was a real hard ass about it. He kept on demanding that I give him the pic but I just kept saying "why, I'm an art student, why" and eventually a different cop told me I could leave.
>>
>>2994062
>>2994305
>>2994316
>>2994629
>>2994640
This thread got real good real fast
>>
>>2994640
>take pics until satisfied while making small talk
>offer to take a pic of the human female
>say she could be a model or something
>get her number so you can "send her some pictures"
>maybe participate in the biological pastime later on, I don't know

it's not hard
>>
>>2994722
>maybe
That's a definite no. /p/ is the gayest board on the site.
>>
No but I'm starting to think about taking my little t3i and 75-300 around with me wherever I go
Is there any proper etiquette to follow when taking it into places or is it more of just play by ear thing?
>>
>>2994735
>Is there any proper etiquette to follow

yeah, you DONT use telephotos in public.
>>
>>2993605
This, the only time anyone has ever talked to me was when I had my film camera with me. I saw plenty of people shooting digital the other day when we were out, they all just wanted to be left alone.
>>
>>2994736
According to who? Your pedophile neighbor?
>>
>>2994736
>being this insecure
>>
>>2994736
As opposed to what? Using a telephoto in the privacy of your home? Where the fuck else can you use a telephoto lens but in public. I wish I had an entire private planet of my own where I could walk around outdoors and not offend anyone with my 300mm psudo-penis but I don't have my own private planet. Most the shit I want to shoot with a telephoto isn't in my bedroom. So going out in public is kind of unavoidable.
>>
File: Wildfire Street.jpg (703KB, 800x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Wildfire Street.jpg
703KB, 800x1000px
I don't do it much anymore, but I used to bring my camera everywhere. I kept it in a little satchel I left by the door and I always grabbed it on the way out. I've had people ask why I have a camera with me, and I just tell them I'm a photographer so I always carry it with me. Pretty much the one thing everyone knows about photographers is that they should always have their camera with them, so nobody who would notice you always have it would ask why.

>>2993407
It's funny you mention the grocery store, because one of my most popular photos was taken on my way out of the grocery store.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D40
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.8 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern736
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)75 mm
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:12:29 18:30:03
Exposure Time1/160 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Exposure Bias1/3 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2995280
I totally feel what you are saying, I carry mine everywhere now, and thanks to it I've got some good pictures I couldnt have otherwise. It's a bit strange at first, and people do ask, but after a bit they just know and they are cool with it
>>
>>2993605
Fuck me this shit is annoying. Same thing happens with my motorcycle.

Leave me alone oldfags keep your nostalgia to yourself im trying to go about my day.

Just monday I rode to a starbucks to give someone their prints and as soon as I start talking to them some fat random starts asking me questions about my helmet. Fuck off!
>>
>>2994698
t. autistic Eurocuck
>>
>>2994724
Noooo, that's fit. That's common knowledge broseph.
>>
File: creepster.jpg (52KB, 640x714px) Image search: [Google]
creepster.jpg
52KB, 640x714px
>>2994736
b...but, how else can I achieve leet tacticool /fa/.
>>
>>2995595
>covering up brand name

this is a stupid trend. Everyone can tell youre a basic bitch canikon plastic user anyway
>>
>>2994722
>it's not hard
for you
>>
>>2995343
Whats ur bike m8?
>inb4 some basic faggotry like a modern triumph, enfield, or any american bike
>>
>>2993401
I always carry a film SLR with me any time I do something (aka not running to the shops to get milk, but if I go into the city to buy something I bring a camera). Film SLRs are tiny and light compared to their digital brethren, so it's not an issue.

And why the fuck would anyone ask me why I bring a camera everywhere? The object answers the question, cameras make photos ergo I bring a camera everywhere in order to make photos.
>>
>>2995728
Fuck sport bikes power ranger fag. Sport bikes are for manlets
>>
>>2993401

Yes I do.

Nobody has ever asked me that question.
>>
>>2993442

I call complete bullshit on this. Gearfags are too busy arguing about meaningless shit to be out walking around with their cameras taking photos of shit.

Maybe if you're at some super touristy spot.
>>
>>2993593

Only see Canon and Nikon fags doing this.
>>
>>2995801

What you are actually seeing are people using the straps that came with their cameras, because they aren't autistic enough to care.
>>
>>2995805

I don't actually give a shit. Just contributing to the hate. Literally the only thing /p/ is here for.
>>
>>2995760
So what you're saying is that you don't actually have a classic bike?
You ride one of the faggot chariots I listed?
I have a Honda CBR600F4i. It's fast and cheap and reliable and doesn't function as a codpiece.
>nobody asks me about my fucking helmet cos it's just a fucking helmet and not a faggot accessory
>>
File: CVYgxOaUYAAgljk.webm (439KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CVYgxOaUYAAgljk.webm
439KB, 800x800px
I always carry an OM-D for snapshits and some film SLR plus a tripod usually, but normies don't really give a shit because I don't look like a tourist. Some give me angry looks due to my tele fetish, because that shit always makes you a criminal especially when you're an unaccompanied 30-something white mail. I do chat a lot when hunting for stuff from antique shops because people running those are often interesting and informative, but when I'm shooting I'm super focused and don't really respond if anyone tries smalltalk. Especially in winter, I have limited light that keeps changing rapidly, so I really don't have the time for a convo.

Anyone who knows me knows I have a camera with me all the time and there's no reason pointing it out.
>>
>>2995805
>game
>set
>match
Although, having a thin white leather Lolympus Pen strap on my 6x9 Fuji does tickle my giblets :3
>>
>>2995813

Commendable, Anon.

*salutes*
>>
>>2995343
i used to have a pretty rad pink floyd shirt (was a newspaper page printed on a shirt) and i had a few old people ask me if i actually listen to pink floyd (never of the other bands i have shirts for)
like so what if i do you are going to be dead in 5 years anyways fuck off cunt
Thread posts: 68
Thread images: 8

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.