[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a Rode NTG2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone, but since I'll

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 1

File: videomicpro.jpg (4KB, 293x172px) Image search: [Google]
videomicpro.jpg
4KB, 293x172px
I have a Rode NTG2 Condenser Shotgun Microphone, but since I'll be attaching the mic to my camera for my upcoming project would the Rode VMPR VideoMic Pro be the better option? The huge plus for the VideoMic is being able to record sound right into the camera so I don't have to worry about using my Tascam. Would the VideoMic Pro's quality be up to par for a short film?

I'll be using a Blackmagic 4K for the short film.
>>
looks like a penis lol
>>
>>2993216
you have a weird penis
>>
>>2993220
at least my penis is not black
>>
>>2993227
Mine is. Its black and it's huge. Despite the fact that i'm white, British and built like a rubber full of custard.
>>
>>2993229
yikes. oldschool trips are such redditors.
>>
Yes. I've used the VideoMic Pro on a couple of short films and other video footage here and there, and the quality still surprises me. Just make sure you've got the power button set on the far right (no clue what the technical term is) and you're recording on +20db. When you play the footage back on the camera it can sound fuzzy and noisy but when you watch it back on your pc/laptop it sounds great. Main thing I'd suggest is using an extension cable so you don't need to have the VideoMic strapped to your camera all the time; it can get a bit annoying and limits you, unless you're okay with dubbing audio. Good luck for your short film!
>>
I would still use your portable recorder, headphone jack and aux cord to your camera. Gives you easier level control. You also dont want the mic too far away from your subjects for proper vocal recording. Throw it on a boom pole and hold off camera.

Sync in post
>>
>>2993238
Sounds good! Seems like I'll have to buy some adapters for my 4K, but that's no big deal. I'll also look for some good extension cords while I'm at it.

I actually used the hissy in-camera audio for my last short film and after some tweaks it wasn't too bad. VideoMic Pro seems like the sensible next step.

>>2993240
Most of the scenes involve only me and one actor and a lot of it will be handheld so a boom pole wouldn't work, unfortunately. But I'll try that method when I have more people to help out.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.