[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hey /p/ I'm new to photography and want to get myself a

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 3

File: a1.jpg (30KB, 400x323px) Image search: [Google]
a1.jpg
30KB, 400x323px
Hey /p/ I'm new to photography and want to get myself a 35mm slr, any suggestions on some good ones?
pic not really related
>>
>>2989678

ME Super
F3
F2

All 3 will do whatever you need including studio work. All have a range of great to budget lenses to try.
>>
Nikon FM2
Olympus OM1

Use the gear thread or your mother will die in her sleep tonight.
>>
File: pentax-me-super-kamera-fon.jpg (67KB, 596x380px) Image search: [Google]
pentax-me-super-kamera-fon.jpg
67KB, 596x380px
With film photography the body is the least important part. It's the film you're using and the lenses (as in optical quality) that matter.

Just get a nice working body that does the things you want. Maybe you want only manual, maybe you want only "auto" mode.

I would recommend Pentax ME super. It's all metal, it's compact, it has aperture priority mode and it has a manual mode. The old manual Pentax lenses are also great. You can get a very nice set-up very cheaply.
>>
>>2989681
Thanks for the suggestions! I'll be checking em all out
>>
>>2989682
Thank you! and yikes! I don't want her to die
>>
>>2989686
Thank you for the info, once I get myself a body I'll start my research on lenses and film
>>
Why slr? Go compact.
>>
You need to decide on your mount type, that's by far the most important part of choosing a body. If you don't want to spend much I'd recommend going M42. That is if you haven't got any glass already.
>>
>pleb doesn't use the correct two threads to ask the question in
>gets false answers
>swallows them down anyway
Ya got pranked. This is what happens when you make a thread like this and ask a question without giving everyone the details :^)
>>
>>2989681
dont get an me super get either an mx or super a
>>
This is relevant to my interest. I'm also considering getting a manual 35mm slr for my collection. I'm thinking maybe Canon would be a better option, because unlike Nikon the FD mount is dead so the lenses would be cheaper?
>>
>>2989678
I just got an old Nikon f3 and I am pretty happy with it. It was easy to clean, especially due to the snap on viewfinder piece. I don't know if the body really matters much, but if you want to drop some money I recommend it.
>>
>>2989707
No, first you should research lenses. Find a lens mount that is in your price range, has good reviews, and the focal lengths you want. THEN pick a body with that particular mount.
>>
>>2989797
True, but with mirrorless gaining traction prices are slowly going up.

I don't see the point of 35mm SLRs for most people. They are bulky for no reason. Get a good compact camera instead. Some p&s cameras have stellar optics and there are options from fully auto all the way to fully manual (though those tend to be a bit pricey).

Just get over having much manual mode (it's pointless if all you're going to do is shoot Portra or any other c41 or bw film anyway). Even shit tier point and shoot exposure programming gets you close enough to very usable images.
>>
>>2989678
Pentax k-1000
Canon ae-1
>>
>>2989678
>newfag
sony a6000.
what did you expect to learn from a crusty old film camera? did you think it will make you a pro and artistic?
you'll learn more from that sony in an hour than a a month with film camera.
>>
>>2989686
no, the ME is aperture priority only. no manual mode.
the only shutter speed available in manual is 1/100 and bulb.
>>
>>2989678
Nikon F2/F2/F5/F6/F100
Pentax K1000 meme
Olympus OMeme1
Canon AE-1
Canon EOS Elan 7 lineup
Canon EOS-3
>>
>>2989887
the point of a 35mm slr is the same as a digital slr: a big bright viewfinder that sees exactly what's going to be exposed to the frame.

But you're right, there are some stellar 35mm compacts that would do well for anyone who doesn't need the big viewfinder.
>>
I'll piggy back on this thread:

I have a Canon-AE1, absolutely nothing wrong with it, but I'm really curious to know what a Nikon FM2 or similar is like.

I'm contemplating in selling all my FD lenses to get a few nikon ones...

Pointless?
>>
Get the Pen F half frame SLR
>>
Asahi Pentax SP500. 'Nuff said.
>>
>>2990084

Incorrect, the ME SUPER is manual from bulb to 1/2000.
>>
>>2990147
>Pointless?
Your pictures will be the same, but you'll try out a new (cooler) camera and lenses. If you have the extra money do it. Photography should be fun.
>>
File: D3S_0820-top-1200.jpg (166KB, 1200x802px) Image search: [Google]
D3S_0820-top-1200.jpg
166KB, 1200x802px
>>2990084
>no, the ME is aperture priority only. no manual mode.
Some anon already pointed it out, but since you replied to me - yeah, it does have manual mode, I had a MX super, you switch to M and you choose the shutter speed with the two buttons on the top and you see the shutter speeds on your viewfinder. It's surprisingly comfortable and I actually prefer it to having a shutter dial on the top.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3
Camera SoftwareVer.2.02
PhotographerKen Rockwell
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.3
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)200 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2014-05-27T02:06:45-17:00
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/18.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/18.0
Exposure Bias-2 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory, Return Not Detected
Focal Length200.00 mm
Image Width1200
Image Height802
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationHigh
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2989738
whats wrong with the ME Super anon?
>>
Just a word of warning: the Nikon F2 and F3 are completely horrible for flash work of any kind, metering and such entirely notwithstanding. This is because of the retarded flash shoe on top of the rewind lever, for which adapters cost an arm and a dick.

For run-and-gun film flash stuff, go with a F5 or F100, and a SB-600. Digital-era Nikon (i.e. i-TTL) flashes don't work on "old" TTL bodies, and off-brand flashes will typically have only i-TTL and manual modes (which means they'll be listed as "F5 compatible" while being nothing of the sort).

Or get an OM-2n or OM-4(T) and some of that T32 loving. Cheap as chips, got mine for 12€ from a local KEH equivalent.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.