[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>told my girlfriend a few months ago offhand I'd be interesting

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

File: eos-rebel-t6-3q-d.jpg (67KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
eos-rebel-t6-3q-d.jpg
67KB, 675x450px
>told my girlfriend a few months ago offhand I'd be interesting in getting a DSLR
>surprises me with a Canon EOS rebel t6
I know /p/ dosent like canons so what am I in for?
>>
As good as any for a beginner, just take a lot of shots.
>>
REEEE
>>
>>2989081
buy a 50 1.8 if you want iq, stick with the kit lens if zoom is more important to you, iq will be a bit shit tho
>>
File: 1480811890999.png (445KB, 3526x2550px) Image search: [Google]
1480811890999.png
445KB, 3526x2550px
shoot in av with exposure compensation if you don't really understand exposure triangle, always try to get iso as low as possible
>>
>>2989084
>>2989086
>>2989089
Thanks for the tips guys. Seems like it wasn't too bad for not consulting anyone first.
>>
>>2989081
A camera with no Magic Lantern support or mic input
>>
>>2989086
a 35mm prime would be better, a 50 in a crop sensor will be like a 70mm, which can be a bit restrictive.
>>
>>2989101
sure but 35 2.0 canon is buch more expensive than 50 1.8, 50 stm is ~$110, old 35 is ~$250 and the is usm is $500+, it would be sharper but 50 would still be a bit faster and have thinner dof
>>
>>2989081
Get the EF-S 24/2.8, you will like it a lot.
>>
>>2989112
>24mm f/2.8 on 1.6 crop
>40mm f/4.5 equivalent with 24mm distortion
kys
>>
>>2989117
>he doesn't know the perspective distortion is not from the focal length but from the real angle of view.
Have a Merry Fucking Christmas, pleb
>>
>>2989117
>40mm f/4.5 equivalent
>with 24mm distortion
>also bashing one the best aps-c lenses
GTFO Tony Northrup
>>
>>2989081
I have the 750D (t6i as they call it in the colonies). And I'm pretty satisfied with it. It doesn't have all the bells and whistles as an upper end dslr, but it'll take good pics if you know how to use it. Just appreciate the fact that your girl is willing to spend that on you.
>>
>>2989081
Should take photos fine but you will always come across discussions normally favouring Pentax K1 (just that one I think), Sony (CSC models) and Nikon (DSLR models).

Usual negatives are with build quality and price compared to competition (usual example is a getting a decent £1000-1100k Sony camera comes with a lens has a nice magnesium body where as a Canon that also comes with lens is mostly plastic for body, the Sony would win in performance just from the usual benefits of being a CSC).

Bullshit aside it should take photos well like most camera and the best thing to do as a beginner is learn the controls.
Would advise using manual for taking better photos (will take a while to learn for certain conditions, other factors, etc) and auto when being lazy or taking a generic photo.

I have the 760D (also known as t6s elsewhere) so I have slightly more controls than the simpler models, but overall use is still very similar with the basic models.

Two lens I would recommend are the 24mm F2.8 pancake lens and 50mm F1.4 len (hear the cheaper F1.8 is good too, but haven't used it) for decent image quality.

There would be loss for image quality and consistency with Zoom lens but if you need the zoom I would definitely recommend working out your general range for your given photo preference.
>>
>>2989081
Why doesn't /p/ like canon?
>>
>>2991392
Who said that? Don't listen to Pentax/sonyfags
>>
>>2991392
I give loads of advice for Canon users and I mainly use Pentax. Though most of my friends use Canon.
We have only one Sony user who is brandwhoring a lot and likes to samefag to appear as many users.
>>
If you use low ISO
(Like 200 instead of 3200)
And a fast shutter speed
(Like 1/125th instead of (1/20th)
(Or any shutter speed on a tripod with a 2-second self timer enabled)
And stick to f5.6-f16
And learn to read your histogram on image review...
And set your White Balance correctly (Auto might be fine);

You will get great ooc results that will really impress you.

If you want stellar images that are above and beyond you want to use Raw mode instead of Jpeg mode. Raw mode is much more complicated to learn and use, and that's where Canon cameras fail compared to their competition.

If you just make Jpegs like 99% of beginners, it's almost good as a 5D
>>
gearfags are almost universally bad photographers
>>
>>2989081

APS-C has a crop factor of around 1.6x, so multiply that by whatever the focal length of your lens is and that is what you are actually getting.

Get the 24mm and 40mm pancake lenses, those should both be around $100, and I primarily use the 24mm when I go to events.

Also set the camera to manual mode, set the shutter speed to 1/60, the aperture between 4.5 and 5.6, and the ISO to auto, and you should be good.

Idk if a t6i can do that though
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.