[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is chinese cheap equip for strobist wort it? I mean, pic related

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

Is chinese cheap equip for strobist wort it? I mean, pic related is just $30, compared with the canon 430ex it's almost 10 times cheaper.

They also make flash triggers, light stands, umbrellas, etc, all dirty cheap.

Do any of you have cheap stuff like this?
>>
Heh. I have the altura version. Same price. Worth every penny. No ttl. Don't need it.
>>
>>2987577
I have the Godox TT600. Well, at least I will when it arrives
>>
>>2987790
damn laptop keyboard
*when it arrives... and I will pick up a Cactus 5 or 6 wireless trigger, no need for TTL either.
>>
>>2987560
Bought it all once, replaced it all with better chinese stuff within 12 months
>>
>>2987560

Chink shit is absolutely based.
>>
Had two Godox v860
Really neat flash with huge ass lithium battery, had amazing recycle times and charge, came with transmitter.

Both randomly burned out during shoots, I am now flashless.

Considering getting a TT685 just because it's cheap and has built in transceiver, but wouldn't be surprised if it died after 6 months or so.
>>
>>2987865
Either the caps or the IGBT. If you have the skills you can replace them.
>>
File: welp.jpg (317KB, 695x960px) Image search: [Google]
welp.jpg
317KB, 695x960px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.1 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:12:17 00:10:25
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1600
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2987876
Superior Nippon Gel.
>>
>>2987560
Chink flashes are great. I have a few Yongnuo that I've used for years and they've held up perfectly. They're even pretty well made desu.
>>
>>2987560
I've used my Yongnuo 560 III/IV/TX and now 660 a lot and they're great.

The only complaint I have with the last is the battery compartment door is kinda icky, but the strobes work fine.

Also quite happy with my two Godox TT685 (unlike the Yongnuos, they have TTL and can do HSS, useful when I need very short exposures or run and gun ... but I'd theoretically prefer if they were as powerful as the YN660s).
>>
I was thinking of picking up a LumpPro 180 for non-TTL manual flash, but after reading this thread I'll have to reconsider.
>>
>>2987876
Is that seaweed?
>>
>>2990392
nippon strong
>>
>>2987865
Damn that sucks to hear. I was planing on getting a pair of those Godox speedlights since they seemed perfect for my needs. (I'm on Fuji and don't need TTL but want wireless manual control.)

I guess it's back to searching.
>>
just buy a fucking minolta 4000 AF for 9 bucks or 3 bucks broken and clean the battery compartment. Glue the light button down so they dont go to sleep model while mounted on a stand. Voila you now have a pretty powerful, reliable as fuck strobe, add two of them on a bracket, add chinese trigger, you now have a flexible powerful strobe head , one stop more light and the heads are individually adjustable. I use 4, 2 inside a softbox, and two on an umbrella if needed, works for the shit i do,
>>
Got 3 Neewer VK 750 ii flashes and i use the Yongnuo RF 603 ii triggers. Works great.
>>
You have $30? Nice! Now just save $30 more, and do it about 16 times over, and you can afford an Einstein.
>>
>>2987560
Is there a simple way to adjust power on these chinks?
>>
>>2990809
Yes. You buy RF controlled ones.

The YN560 III/IV and 660s can be controlled with the nice 560-TX controller or on a YN 560 IV / 660 that sits on your camera as master.

Similarly a also good Godox X1S controller or the newer strobes on your camera (TT685 / V860) can be the master controllers for a Godox system.
>>
>>2987560
Ive tried yongnuo flashes a couple times, kept having to send them back.
bought a 420ex off ebay and had 0 issues
fuck 3rd party cheap shit
>>
>>2990912
How did that happen?

Over three or so years I've only broken one unit from a pretty high fall (from like 2 meters, placed overhead).

I guess I also broke the battery door on another unit, but in my case that was replaceable without tools.
>>
Just found out that my chinkshit Meike (Fuji version) can lord it over a Nissin (Nikon i-TTL version). Apparently China has standardized on Canikon TTL slave protocol even on products for platforms that've got their own native systems.
>>
>>2990912
I'm gonna go with user error. Either that or it didn't happen.
>>
I have 3 Yongnuo YN460II flashes. Full manual and really basic, but I love them to bits. Somewhat flimsy, but that's to be expected.

BTW, why the fuck won't Canon include optical slaves on their flashes? I paid $30 for these fuckers and even they have optical slaves...
>>
>>2987560
Aftermarket stuff on the average is quite good. In fact most manufacturers will step it up to attract otherwise hesitant customers. I.E. flash power, recycle time, ext.
However you also get what you pay for, as in a friend of mine melted his off brand flash because it had no thermal safety built in.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.