[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>tfw pictures of the olden days >tfw some of these com

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 3

>tfw pictures of the olden days
>tfw some of these compositions

http://mashable.com/2016/12/10/people-of-sogndal/
>>
looks kino.
>>
>>2981462
thx for sharing anon!
>>
File: bg0057_1a34697v_enlarge.jpg (22KB, 725x513px) Image search: [Google]
bg0057_1a34697v_enlarge.jpg
22KB, 725x513px
Cool stuff. Thanks for reminding me of this too.
https://www.loc.gov/exhibits/bound-for-glory/exhibition-items.html

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS3 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution1800 dpi
Vertical Resolution1800 dpi
Image Created2009:05:11 10:25:23
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width725
Image Height513
>>
I have an issue with olde-timey large format and/or roll-film photos presented like this. Most of the ones on that mashable article look scanned and minimally processed, for example the church is obviously and distractingly crooked in one of them.

I've seen this sort of thing before: negatives get scanned in, and in the name of "not interfering with the artistic vision", they don't get even a minimal white/black point adjustment, let alone a grey point that would make skin look like skin or any other reference you might want, or rotate the image to straighten that damn church up. All of these methods have an equivalent (or analog) in the photochemical darkroom, and all were routinely applied.

So why do the ding-dongs scanning these in not 1) do at least a little bit of post besides "invert", and 2) publish the raw fucking scans as well?
>>
This comp is so bold

>>2981880
>So why do the ding-dongs
They're ding-dongs
>>
>>2981988
>this town is mine, cunt
>>
>>2981993
>so rich, can even have only me be in the picture.
>>
>>2981880
Are you talking about the posted images? Contrast looks fine, good tonal separation, blacks look black and highlights aren't muddy.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.