[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Could we have something like a cognitive dissonance thread?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_4326.jpg (447KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4326.jpg
447KB, 1500x1000px
Could we have something like a cognitive dissonance thread?

Post a picture of yours you think is great, but people tend not to give half a shit about it/don't even like it.

Pic related, one of my favorites from my last trip to thailand. I love the framing, the subject, the color... everything. Yet, everytime I show it or post it somewhere I get a meh.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1500
Image Height1000
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2980648
I agree with those people. The setting is beautiful, but there are two things I think are very detrimental:
1. the man's back is towards us. he might be feeling pious like the woman but his pose looks casual and disinterested
2. his head is covering up whatever interesting thing the monk might be doing
>>
>>2980648
the framing is OK, althouh I would include more up top so it looks like a grander place and maybe the end of the supplicants' shadows. you know, convey a sense of wonder/awe. but the color? the reds are all fucked up, especially the stage. your speculars are very harsh, which is characteristic of snapshits where you don't control the light ratio. the monk's expression is kind of weird, and you can't see what he's doing. and the blue guy's face is not visible and his pose is awkward. there's also a few in-shot things that make it feel mundane, the fan, the plastic box, the shitty red reflection over the marble tile. this basically looks like a tourist snap with really nice light.
>>
>>2980657
>>2980654
it is exactly that.

A snapshit, but a snapshit i love
>>
>>2980648
>Pic related, one of my favorites from my last trip to thailand. I love the framing, the subject, the color... everything. Yet, everytime I show it or post it somewhere I get a meh.
All you'd have to do to make this decent is fix the RAW in DXO or LR or whatever.

More or less just get rid of the very overexposed areas and do some minor touchups, maybe crop a little to get rid of those two random things on the right-hand side. Simple shit.
>>
>>2980673
well I'll give you this: it looks pretty damn good as a thumbnail
>>
>>2980648
>everytime I show it or post it somewhere I get a meh

You were present at the event. Even if you don't know what they were doing you remember the quiet within the usobot broken only by the monks voice. You remember the smell of the incense and the huge, gold buddha statue looking down over the proceedings that no one else can see. Perhaps there was chirrup of a bird outside the window or the distant sound of a long tail boat on the river. The air was hot and still.

It's really hard to capture all that in a photo. You feel the atmosphere because you were there, to other observers it is just two people and a monk. They might have been asking for a name for their baby or a date for which to break the soil when building their new house or blessing for a business venture.

From a photographic point of view perhaps you could have positioned yourself better but it is impossible for anyone who wasn't there to say. For all we know there might have been 200 relatives behind you.
>>
File: 20402362041_e85a7501ff_b.jpg (248KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
20402362041_e85a7501ff_b.jpg
248KB, 1000x667px
I'll play.

I think the main reason this gets ignored is nobody even notices the person. Since I shot it I know exactly where to look to get a sense of the scale. To a random viewer it probably just looks like a small cave opening.

Printed big I could see it working, although it's been ignored everytime I've posted it online. Maybe it's just a shitty photo tho.
>>
File: 1481360653546.jpg (377KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1481360653546.jpg
377KB, 1000x667px
>>2980752
It's hard to tell because of her placement against the wall, there's nothing that makes her stand out, and B&W certainly doesn't help. It would have worked if you got her to pose more against the darkness like pic related. Can we see a colour version?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 Windows
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016-12-10T19:15:40+10:00
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height667
>>
>>2980752
you could darken the other light area a but, that would help draw your eye to the person. you could also darken the rock behind her to enhance the silhouette.
I dunno, the texture's great but she's looking in the wrong direction (she should be a little further into the photo) the frame should also extend down a little, the crop is kinda awkward and interrupts the arc of the rocks in the foreground. It might have helped to light further inside the cave somehow too. but it's not a shitty photo.
you could also try flipping it left-to-right, that might make it read stronger
>>
>>2980752
>>2980757
Faggot
>>
>>2980752
A large percentage of the photo is a big black hole in the middle. The eye is drawn to that but there is nothing to see when it gets there so it gives up and moves on.

The figure is having no impact on the picture at all for someone who doesn't already know it is there it might as well not be.
>>
>>2980752
looked for at least a minute and didn't see the person until i saw >>2980757

i kept looking for the person in the cave - thought it was gonna be one of those shit bricks when you see it types of images
>>
>>2980648
meh ...
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.