[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have a photography feels thread. Whether it's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 322
Thread images: 54

File: pee.jpg (405KB, 695x546px) Image search: [Google]
pee.jpg
405KB, 695x546px
Let's have a photography feels thread.

Whether it's out hobby or means of income, we all (hopefully) love what we do and we post here through mutual passion for it.

So whether it be good or bad, let's talk about some feels we get related to our mutual love for plastic and glass.

>tfw you do a photoshoot for some people and they all change their facebook profile pictures to photos you took
>tfw taking a bunch of photos throughout the day and finding out one you took that you thought was inconsequential actually turns out to be one of your favorites
>tfw you meet people from all walks of life through what you do
>tfw the world looks so much nicer because you've taught yourself to look at it a different way
>tfw you make a nice thing people enjoy looking at because you saw what other couldn't

Let's hear some of yours

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:12:08 09:16:43
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width695
Image Height546
>>
File: 1473504932806.jpg (161KB, 1152x768px) Image search: [Google]
1473504932806.jpg
161KB, 1152x768px
You worded some of the major ones quite well there anon

>taking a pic of someone who never ever likes to have their photo taken and they smile and say they actually like it
>getting a random comment on an old instagram pic from someone about how much they enjoy your pictures and think you are great at what you do
>give someone a small tip about photography that seems small for you but makes the other person take the leap into the next phase of photography

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 6D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.0 (Windows)
Photographerbiff
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.0
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2015:12:31 02:11:51
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating1250
Lens Aperturef/4.5
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePartial
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length24.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>tfw your friend just felt in love in photography because of your passion, and say to you that you're his inspiration

:ยด)
>>
my favorite thing has to be
>handing out handmade prints to people as gifts
>>
>tfw you do a photoshoot for some people and they all change their facebook profile pictures to photos you took
feels good yeah. Some people here hate it though.
>>2979727
>random comments on Instagram
some of those comments are just people giving out automatic compliments when they're just fishing for followers. still kinda feels nice.
>giving small tips
I changed the photographic life of a friend by teaching her about exposure compensation.

>tfw looking back at the pictures you've taken and you see not only your technical progress, but also how you slowly develop your own way of looking at things
>>
delusion: the thread

You're all talentless pieces of shit who drove this board through the floor with your race to the bottom rate of shitposting. And now you're here trying to talk about all the good feels /p/hoto gives you? Bullshit.
>>
>>2979744

Archie, go to bed, goddamn.
>>
File: 1480525414050.png (206KB, 639x358px) Image search: [Google]
1480525414050.png
206KB, 639x358px
What the fuck are all these positive feels here?

>tfw normies stare at you like you're a terrorist scouting location, a pervert stalking children or otherwise definitely doing something wrong which they just can't come up a label for
>tfw some comes up to talk and you awkwardly try to get out of the conversation because you're out there to shoot and not chat with some dipshit and there's only like 30 minutes of suitable light left
>tfw can't get a clean empty street shot because of car/person/cyclist always cuts into frame
>tfw no satisfaction whether anyone likes the photos or not, publishing feels completely meaningless
>tfw shooting itself feels great and everything after that is grueling shit
>tfw can't join any clubs or shit because dealing with people is a pain
>tfw can't sell anything anyway because the tax authority would have you flayed on a public square for trying
>tfw can't do the few gigs you've been offered because require gear costs 4000e and you'd have no other use for it
>>
>>2979757
>>tfw normies stare at you like you're a terrorist scouting location, a pervert stalking children or otherwise definitely doing something wrong which they just can't come up a label for
Fucking this, especially on the beach if you have a long lens. I got stopped by beach patrol once because some lady thought I was taking creepshots of kids.
also
>tfw you will photograph anything on the street but feel weird at the idea of photographing people on said street
Maybe it has to do with the fact i'm doing it without their permission? It just feels weird to me.
>>
>>2979727
NYC?
>>
>On a short weekend trip with some buddies
>Going around taking shots of the city from interesting perspectives and angles
>Friend goes and takes similar angle with smartphone
>Posts it immediately to FB
>Gets tons of likes
>My photos a 3-4 days later get half as much
>>
>>2979810
no he's not People of New York
>>
>>2979772
>Maybe it has to do with the fact i'm doing it without their permission? It just feels weird to me.
You know, I've never really understood the appeal of street photography. Maybe it's just me having grown into an edgypants 30-something odd job man, but I find nothing interesting in a typical street scene. People don't interest me, a street with people is a mundane, everyday sight. Empty streets on the other hand are incredibly aesthetic and calming, and the bigger the city the stronger the vibes. Tokyo for instance is incredible at that exact hour when the sun is still just below the horizon and the streets are almost completely empty and silent. I can't describe the intense comfy feeling it gives me, just that there's nothing else like it.
>>
File: 000020 (2) (Custom).jpg (190KB, 1000x653px) Image search: [Google]
000020 (2) (Custom).jpg
190KB, 1000x653px
It's been a while, but
>taking snapps with flim cameru
>look down at frame counter
>22
>shoot some more pictures, check again
>36
>camera keeps winding, so shoot more
>still 36
>film doesn't seem to end
>turn rewind knob 1 turn and feel the film leader immediately pop back into the cassette
>basically been taking pictures with an empty camera for the past hour

Equipment MakeFUJI PHOTO FILM CO., LTD.
Camera ModelSP-3000
Camera SoftwareFDi V4.5 / FRONTIER355/375-1.8-0E-016
Image Created2013:10:16 21:32:16
Image Width1700
Image Height1110
Unique Image ID03276B1B5A584606A7C1253EAAF09A77
>>
>tfw studying engineering
>everyone else in my major has no art hobbies
>nobody to hang out with that enjoys photography and isn't a fine arts faggot
>>
>>2979838
Don't worry. Nobody with any artistic integrity wants to hang out with an engi anyway.

t. engineer
>>
>>2979734
That's how i got started. I do need to thank my friend more often for showing me how the enjoy my life more. Keep inspiring people m8.
>>
>>2979838
>implying most people here and many photographers aren't autists that rant about nothing but technical specifications
>>
>tfw i converted my cousin and his wife to filmfaggotry
>tfw she said she would only shoot b&w and only with one lens
>mfw i created a patrician auteur just by showing her my photos

feels pretty good actually, she didnt know shit about photo, but had a concise vision. she'll go places.
>>
File: image_5_0.jpg (24KB, 225x225px) Image search: [Google]
image_5_0.jpg
24KB, 225x225px
>>2979838
I feel you
>>
>post to /p/ goes unnoticed
>friends want their curdled supercropped iphone photos edited in lightroom
>local darkroom girl thinks im cute but it doesnt matter bc i just put up a front and what you see is not what you get
>bookstore girl exchanges numbers never text
>forget about flash sync on film camera
whats this thread aboutagain? i feel that im just venting

>>2979852
nice
>>
File: plane.jpg (31KB, 640x601px) Image search: [Google]
plane.jpg
31KB, 640x601px
>>2979862
Oh shit, the famous Darkroom Girl.
>find dad's old Minolta XG-1
>head out to town with a wingman for my very first shootout
>Local Darkroom Girl appears out of nowhere and strikes a chat after noticing my camera
>pure enthusiasm radiating from her as she talks about darkroom stuff and how I should definitely give it a try
>about to jam spaghetti deep in my pockets and ask her o-
>wingman cuts in to tell her to piss off because he's hungry as fuck and we need to get something to eat
>"W-well, I better get going then, have fun!"
>Never see her again
I am barely clinging to this life.
>>
>>2979690
>>tfw the world looks so much nicer because you've taught yourself to look at it a different way
This is why I shoot.
My photos are terrible but carrying a camera opens my eyes.

Nice thread.
>>
>>2979884
need to replace your wingman
>>
>>2979822
that's how my mum is. she fucking hates people/strangers. I'm the opposite, I love taking pictures of people. she's always asking me, 'when are you gonna stop taking pictures of people on the street?'
>>
>>2979838
Are you me?
I sometimes get harassed by a few teachers too.
One of the academics showed me around his old camera collection including a few Exactas, a Nikon FM body, some german TLRs, a few 8mm and Super 8 cameras and a Canon FD 50/1.2 sitting on his shelf collecting dust because "it can't be used on modern cameras"
>>
>>2979737
so much this. feels special
>>
>>2979757
>tfw normies
Implying that anyone on this board will grow up to be anything other than total normies.
>>
>tfw you want to buy a A7M2 but bought $2500 film cameras and a $800 tripod instead
>tfw you want to buy a fucking scanner
>>
>>2979690
take that shit to tumblr you whore
>>
>>2980156
>tfw anon might feel down because he didnt get the shot at the right moment today, but he eventually will!

cheer up, little guy, im sure you will get the shot tomorrow! or tomorrow too!
>>
>>2980159
how about I shoot your whore face
>>
File: a7m2_01.jpg (37KB, 800x350px) Image search: [Google]
a7m2_01.jpg
37KB, 800x350px
>tfw you got your foot into the door of photojournalism just in time to watch the industry die.
>Tfw nothing you shoot is satisfying because it's not what you want to be shooting
>tfw just shoot endless garbage because I can't get myself to shoot seriously when I'm not doing it for a client
>tfw wasting huge amounts of money on gear in the hopes that it'll make photography fun again, but it never works
>tfw all I enjoy now is giving advice to beginners and reminiscing about the "good old days" that I barely got to see
>tfw 30 and washed up with no direction in life

>>2980119
>tfw you want to buy a A7M2

Bretty gud plane but I prefer the Ki-61 myself.
>>
>>2979985
I'm a wizard and I've never held a steady job in my life. That enough?
>>
File: 1479861094344.png (194KB, 448x468px) Image search: [Google]
1479861094344.png
194KB, 448x468px
>>2980172
>I prefer the Ki-61 myself
Mah nigga.
>>
>>2979825
Tfw you can hear the Krinkling of the film.
Tfw you're a fucking moron.
>>
>>2979727
Always loved your stuff biff.
>>
File: kfhtgechkt.jpg (171KB, 1200x1600px) Image search: [Google]
kfhtgechkt.jpg
171KB, 1200x1600px
>>2980188
I'm sure you loaded your film perfectly from the moment you first touched a 35mm camera, and every time after.
>>
ur not my mum
>>
>>2980172
Hi Tony!
>>
>>2979825
>not checking if rewind knob spins every few shots
>>
>>2980172
>buy vintage gears for peanuts
>sell it to hipsters with hipster tax.
>????
>profit
i probably doubled or tripled my money.
>>
>>2980204

Wish I was, fucking fag
>>
>tfw collective exhibition
>tfw the oldfag and career artists get minor represenation
>tfw your selftaught ass gets the center spot and the big ass prints
>tfw their dreams are shattered and hopes ruined

the coziest and comfiest feels ever right there, guys. would do many times. most of them are lefties and liberals, so its great to see your abstract shit get the spotlight over their "conscious" politically driven bullshit.
>>
>>2979757
Wow you seem like a real peach.
>>
>>2980306

this

bought my graphic view I 4x5 for 30 bucks. you can find cheap vintage shit and pawn it off to hipsters with the hipster tax. just camp antique shops and apug.org, and local swap meets. i built my entire first nikon outfit by trading shit I found in antique shops to hipsters because muh zeiss / muh German build and made out like a bandit
>>
>tfw you're so far removed from your favorite photos you've taken in the past
>tfw you don't know when you might get photos that good again
>tfw you can't help but compare yourself to the pros at your office
>tfw you have ideas for cool projects but don't know where to start
>tfw even if you did know, you'd hesitate to do it because it will always be a great idea but you'd just turn it into shit photos
I fucking hate these feels
>>
>Getting out of your dull shitty comfort zone, out in the big scary world and actually taking photos

Fucking awesome
>>
>>2980659
Man, I know those feels, especially the first.
>>
>>2979822
>Tokyo for instance is incredible at that exact hour when the sun is still just below the horizon and the streets are almost completely empty and silent
That's pretty cool, I always imagined huge cities being busy 24/7
>>
>>2980532
Name me an 85mm f1.2 lens with a smoother focus throw than the Zeiss 85mm 1.2.
Go ahead Sugar, I'll wait.
>>
>>2980756
I highly doubt he was implying all Zeiss lenses are hipster trash, ya dingus

There's a lot of shit Zeiss lenses that people will overpay simply because of the Zeiss branding
>>
>>2980762
You say one bad word about the C/Y generation and I'll riot! They're perfectly fine lenses if you love soft corners and shuriken shaped bokeh.
>>
>tfw checking out old photos and found them great
>saw tonsof photos of the qt you took
>tfw you don't like her any more but still have a boner
>tfw need to buy gears to stop your pains
>>
>random tourists start asking you to take their photos with their instax and cellphones
It's kind of a nice feel to help them make a memory
>always forget to ask the cute ones if i can take a photo of them with my own camera
>>
>>2979817

>buddies
>friend
>FB

Problems identified.
>>
>>2980887
>>always forget to ask the cute ones if i can take a photo of them with my own camera

it would be a weird thing to do m9.
>>
File: Owakudani_NoBlue.jpg (842KB, 1840x1232px) Image search: [Google]
Owakudani_NoBlue.jpg
842KB, 1840x1232px
>>Took film camera on Holiday to Japan
>>Snapping around Hakone
>>Up at Owakudani where they'll take your photographe with the black egg thing, and with your own camera.
>>Get picture taken. Hand my camera to the attendant. He looks puzzled for a second, then calls out for some 'Oyaji'
>>Elderly Japanese man appearrs.
>> Gentleman inpects camera
>> Looks up at me

>> "Ooooh, Minolta...."
>>Can't help but smile like an idiot tourist

The look on that old man's face. I think, the last thing he expected to appearr in the hand of a random foreign tourist was a 40 year old Himatic-E that still fucking worked.

And made some proper photographs. The sort of ones that last for decades in albums for a trip you're not likely to ever repeat.
>>
>>2979838
Wut. I think photography is more popular with engineers as opposed to other art forms. I mean... part of the reason I love photography is the combination between the tech and art side.
>>
>>2981190
Has happened to me several times, not only in Japan, also in Hungary. Minolta was a popular everyman's brand so I guess it makes people nostalgic. Contax is another brand that rings a lot of bells in Japan. Apparently T2 is super famous there for whatever reason, it always got me attention when I was whipping it around.

Also glad to see you managed to fix the Ektar's tint somewhat.
>>
>>2981190

what camera did you use for this?
>>
File: da3.png (592KB, 540x582px) Image search: [Google]
da3.png
592KB, 540x582px
>be at concert with an Xpan
>friend's QT girl pal turns and ask
>"is this that a real camera?"
>mfw
>>
>>2979690
mine is the exact opposite. my father is a photographer so i got access into professional gear immediately. i was using his 1d since i was like 15 and always was worrying what others think or if they might ask what body i used later
>>
File: 1435099669903.gif (524KB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
1435099669903.gif
524KB, 480x270px
>tfw people write you genuine DMs on Instagram, telling you they like your pictures
>>
>>2981271
Time for Xpan feels?
>be out with friend and xpan
>waiting for store to open from lunch break
>woman passes me and stops to say it's an old camera
>do they still make film?
>why wouldn't you shoot digital

The other more common Xpan feel is photographers eyefucking it every time you pass them. Also happens with any decent MF gear.
>>2980887
>h-hey c-can I take a picture of you for me?
Go ahead anon, I believe in you.

I tend to have kids ask me to take their photo on the bus with my gear, kids just want to see a photo of themselves. Then you have to let them down because you fell for the film meme.
>>
>got into photography to meet girls at weeb cons
>tfw one of the pictures from my first photoshoot ended up being one of her favorites
>>
>>2981327

>tfw XPAN privileges
>>
>>2981241
Minolta Hi-Matic E, and Ektar 100. It's a solid old thing, with automatic exposure and manual focus. You ust need to tell it the speed of the film you're using.

>>2981240
Thanks. Experimenting eith different films, but Superia's the handiest to get.
>>
File: 1398307546033.png (36KB, 872x625px) Image search: [Google]
1398307546033.png
36KB, 872x625px
>>2979757
>tfw shooting itself feels great and everything after that is grueling shit
>tfw can't join any clubs or shit because dealing with people is a pain

I share these feels
>>
File: 1479227216740.png (260KB, 666x472px) Image search: [Google]
1479227216740.png
260KB, 666x472px
>tfw new scanner dies on the third roll and having a reclamation processed and replacement delivered from the importer in Christmas traffic will take weeks
>>
File: Great disturbance.jpg (96KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Great disturbance.jpg
96KB, 1920x1080px
>toy with my camera to get it from PAL to NTSC,
>then reset it back
>now all filenames are back at 0
>tfw filebrowsing becomes a nightmare without working with folders
>>
>>2979817

I dont know what you don't get about this. You were late - even if yours were better you did it second. That the sad shit we live in bruh
>>
>>2981491
>tfw you'll give up on scanning once you have a backlog of three rolls
Even with DSLR scanning, it gets fucking tedious to scan 10 rolls in a row.
>>
>>2980266
Tony is at least 40.
>>
>>2979884
you need to explain to him what the definition of a wingman is
>>
>>2980756
m-minolta md.
>>
>>2981295
sort of similar experience, remotely.
>be 15
>dad wants me, a social fuck-up hermit to have a hobby
>buys me a EOS300 with everything to get started with
>too afraid to use it because other kids at school might call me a homo
>>
File: hassy.png (432KB, 542x754px) Image search: [Google]
hassy.png
432KB, 542x754px
>be me, some years ago
>high school photography elective
>most of my classmates 'artsy' types
>one autist
>class gets assigned 'interesting details' project
>the idea is that everyone brings 4-6 photos afterwards and class discusses merits and critique
>take some pics in a warehouse (scaffolding, cables, whatever), all is well
>due date rolls by
>we all get together and one by one present our photos and give some kind of introduction
>most of it just the usual closeups of eyes and tree bark, basic shit
>it's autist's turn
>pulls out a stack of prints, has to pry them apart as they've been stuck together somehow, probably just the ink
>nope
>pics are of anime figures
>meticulously lit
>most of them in skimpy costumes
>half the pics are focused on plastic tits or ass
>some strange substance on the pics, says it's toner leak
>everyone dumbstruck
>"w-well I tried to capture the finely-crafted details on these figures"
>still gets a good score because attention to detail
>mfw
>>
File: CupsQZbUIAAqMga.jpg (242KB, 2048x1362px) Image search: [Google]
CupsQZbUIAAqMga.jpg
242KB, 2048x1362px
>>2981911
>implying the autist did anything wrong
He probably spent a week building a softbox and experimenting with lighting to bring out technically competent photos, meanwhile all you did was take a stroll around the local rust belt.
>>
My most recent feels:
>buy Pentax 6x7, haul the heavy humongous chunk of metal home
>tfw the shutter won't fire, what now
>check a couple of youtube videos, dry firing needs a trick
>hear that massive mirror flop around for the first time

Two
>win eBay auction for cheap Ricoh R1 listed as broken
>completely mint looking, probably never was used much
>only issue I can find is busted foam in the film window
>insert battery, put in a roll of film
>turn camera on, lens doesn't extend
>wait
>turn camera off and on again, lens extends more and more each time until it works normally
>shoot test roll
>get negs back
>everything looks perfect on the lab lighting table, not even leaks from the film window
>nice
>>
File: 1478503550051.png (397KB, 820x461px) Image search: [Google]
1478503550051.png
397KB, 820x461px
>>2981953
>find a Mju
>insert battery
>appears to work perfectly
>shoot
>everything is mangled garbage
>frame positioning is off, some frames overlap while others have several inches between them
>>
>Chicago
>First day of spring
>Student pass for city wide public transport, including buses, trains and subways
>Buy new pair of boots with huge toe box
>Augur, electrical tape, black epoxy, forceps, clamps
>Carefully bore camera holes with the finesse of a jeweler
>Adhere GoPro, iPhone and Chinese spycams to appropriate openings
>Test fire each from my iPad
>Clean each lense with Q-tipยฎ
>Load energy drinks and beef jerky into my backpack
>Hit the trains first
>Sundresses and sandals everywhere
>Naive, tired students who are in the big city for the first time
>So much Kansas City snatch and Toledo toe cleavage

I usually ride a few circuits around the red, blue and brown lines and only get off of there's a really qt subject. If it wasn't for food and sleep, I could go on runnin' and gunnin' forever
>>
>>2979690
I'm getting my living with photography. Today I realised that I can listen to audiobooks while lightrooming! Went trough 50 customers photos today, on a normal day I can manage maybe 20 before that shit forces me to stop. Might have found the solution to the tedious work editing is. Stil have about a hundred customers to go trough. Between a thousand and two photos. Blech!
>>
>tfw half your new third party batteries have shit capacity
>tfw you spend an hour shooting and the quick snapshot you take on the way back is better than any of them.
>tfw a great shot is out of focus.
>>
>tfw start out as a poorfag college student, about a decade ago
>acquire great old MF glass, D80 can't meter with it
>D300 comes out, trumpeted as revolutionary, best thing ever
>poorfag, D300 out of the question, D200 prices still too high, get old D2Hs instead, reliable workhorse for many years and I came to love the output, but still covet the 300

Fast forward to this year
>real (low-paying) job, buy D300 for under $300
>potato colors, potato NEFs, less flexible in post, high ISO not all it was cracked up to be
>I guess it all worked out
>>
>>2981915
>implying the autist did anything wrong
>implying being a weeb autist is okay
>>
>>2982054
>tfw a great shot is out of focus.
this kills the photographer.
>>
>>2980957
I guess it's for the best that I've never actually done it. Yet.
>>
>>2981915
>implying the autist didn't hotglue his own prints
>>
>>2982139
Look where you are, faggot.

>>2982189
The toner leakage sounds a lot more plausible but so what if he did? Does that somehow make his photos worth less? It's implied on the post that the autist getting a good grade for taking technically good photos within the given theme was somehow a problem.
>>
Gud camera feels
>buy an olympus om10 camera for a friend + three lenses in Alaska
>shop owner instantly regrets his decision
>visit a week later
>owner asks if he can buy the camera back
>camera is with professional friendo down in Mexico now
>camera is getting more action than its ever seen
>>
>>2982214
>professional
>OM10
kek
>>
>>2982214
The shop owner regretted selling it? Are the Alaska friend and professional friend different people? Story's a little hard to follow.
>>
>>2982254

anons not cut for storytelling. he mentions the switch of places as something impressive. an om10 as something impressive. someone regretting a sale as something impressive. maybe the fact that it was a film camera would make our minds spin uncontrollably? he wanted to secure the film audience upvotes?

he thought lumping little tibdits of shit could make not a shit story: he was wrong.
>>
>>2982214
>om10
isn't that a pleb tier with auto shutter speed only?
>>
>>2981535
He's saying he was first but his friends shitty pic get more likes because his friend has more friends than he does.
>>
>>2980681
How is that even possible, do people not sleep?
>>
File: JackovsSecond.png (175KB, 348x343px) Image search: [Google]
JackovsSecond.png
175KB, 348x343px
>>2980166
c'mon buddy
>>
>>2982351
You're joking, right? You're only pretending to be retarded, right?

Think of how many millions of people live in that city (13.6 million apparently), are you saying they all go to sleep and wake up at the same fucking time? Do you honestly believe all jobs consist of the same hours? Use your brain m8
>>
File: Tokyo C 14.jpg (875KB, 854x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Tokyo C 14.jpg
875KB, 854x1280px
>>2982361
Not him, but Tokyo does have a magic hour during which many parts of the city are very silent. Not completely empty, there are always some cars and people going about, but very few. It's in the early morning when the local normies are still either at home preparing to go to work or in transit on the first trains. Almost nobody moves about in Tokyo without trains, and most do not run at night. Also most of the employment in the inner city are office and service sector jobs, which don't have around the clock shifts like industrial work would.

>>
>>2980887
Love that feel
>tfw your basic dslr gets wow that must be a nice camera
>>
>>2982367
I think this is true of all cities, even the ones that claim to be non-stop 24/7. I would say it is the 60-90 minutes where night fades into day. When the last drunk struggling home falls over the first bundle of morning papers tossed from the van. (there will of course be variables depending on season and latitude)
>>
>>2980659
I am feeling this a bit. My recent work seems so stale and uninspired compared to some of my stuff from earlier in the year. What a drag.
>>
>>2982395
>>2980659
>tfw thats not that big of a problem anymore because i learned years ago how skill progression works by playing guitar.

Being in the rut is usually not a sign that your work is any worse than it was before, it is just you beginning to be able to look more critically at your own work, which is paramount in being able to identify problems in your work and progress onto a new level.
Just keep on shootin anons :)
>>
>>2982390
>When the last drunk struggling home falls over the first bundle of morning papers tossed from the van

Highly poetic.
>>
>>2982403
Thanks anon. You are possibly right.

2 problems I'm having

>feel like the shots I used to like aren't as great anymore, want to change my shooting material and shoot something meaningful
>Get off work at 5 at night in Canada, sunlight is gone by then, and it's cold as balls and two feet of snow.

Planning a little trip to a tourist city to give myself a boost.
>>
>>2979742
What the hell is ev compensation even good for
>>
File: B0174162-y720px.jpg (80KB, 482x720px) Image search: [Google]
B0174162-y720px.jpg
80KB, 482x720px
>>2982924
http://pseudosticky.wikia.com/wiki/Pseudo_sticky#Exposure_Value_.28Compensation.29
That said, i just shoot raw and adjust exposure in post for daytime shooting.
Mostly I use it at night to tell the camera it really is dark. Similarly it's a good way to artificially keep your shutter speed higher than it would otherwise be when shooting Av.

Equipment MakeRICOH IMAGING COMPANY, LTD.
Camera ModelPENTAX K-3
Camera Softwaredarktable 2.0.3
PhotographerAndrew Wade Eglington oh-hi.info
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)300 mm
Image Created2016:12:12 02:11:12
Exposure Time1/25 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating10000
Exposure Bias-2 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length200.00 mm
Image Width482
Image Height720
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationLow
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeDistant View
>>
>>2982214
let me elaborate.
My friend is a professional photographer. He began shooting on an Olympus OM1 and has a a few good oly cameras. now he's top shooter in the company.
In Alaska theres a shop owner selling an OM10 kit, so I buy it and he immediately regrets his decision to sell it. Too bad. I gift it for my friend and he really appreciates it. He can add this oly to his collection and do some traveling around mexico and the caribbean with it.
>>
>>2982455
>Get off work at 5 at night in Canada, sunlight is gone by then, and it's cold as balls and two feet of snow.
Same in Finland, but less snow. Shit sucks as work practically ruins four months of your life. I dropped out and live on neetbux now, until I find a way to earn enough money from home.
>that feel when you're broke but can go on a shooting trip on near-by lake at 9AM on wednesday morning when you "should" be at the office
>>
>>2982924
>>2982940
Generally this. I use it to lower or increase the threshold of auto shutter speed kind of like manual but not really.
>>
>>2982924
My camera has a highlight weighted metering mode and I found that the sweet spot for my shots is usually in that metering mode with +.3 or +.7 EV. It does a great job at keeping the highlights from blowing but sometimes stuff comes out too dark. Ditto if it's making everything too bright, which happens sometimes.
>>
>>2982126
why didn't you get a D7000 instead?
>>
>>2982956

It really does ruin your life. You can't do shit all, even outdoors stuff because it's basically dark by 430pm. Fucked up.

Wish I could do the same almost, but have car and mortgage and wife, not an option.

Luckily I have a transfer request in so...soooooon
>>
>>2982956
>>2982999
Meanwhile we've got daylight until 7pm here in Aus, I'll be thinking of yous when I'm doing all my fun afternoon activities. ha ha just kidding I don't do shit with my life
>>
>>2983007
Stop, you're killing me.

At least I'm on 3 weeks of leave starting this weekend, so I'll be able to get some snow landscapes...hopefully.
>>
>>2982971
Considered it, but it cost 50% more and I couldn't handle going from pro controls, build, and buffer to consumer.

Honestly even the 300 felt like a big step down in a number of areas. It's just not as enjoyable to use and the VF feels tiny.
>>
>>2982956
>friend is Finn
>complains about being a wageslave constantly
>b-b-but I can't go out and shoot
>doesn't leave his fucking house until 12pm or 1pm
>sun sets at 3:30
I mean, I get that it's frustrating that there's less light but there are ways around it. It's not like he even understands how to shoot at night either.
>>
so many faggots on this fucking board you all suck so hard
>>
>>2983450
just get an a7s ii
>>
today i passed my buildings lobby and suddenly i hear the consierge scream "Mr. Robert Frank!". i turned around to wink at him for comparing me to such a great photographer, i just felt really honored: turned out he was on the phone talking to some random ass neighbor called Robert Frank.

i literally cried.
>>
File: image.jpg (62KB, 657x527px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
62KB, 657x527px
>>2983622
r u sur abut thet circumstns ocurrrin

Image Width657
Image Height527
>>
I have one:

>start thread asking about the best photographers on /p/
>gets deleted before any answers were given
>deleted because only trips are readily identifiable, and babby anons had hissy fit

>not one example posted
>not one person named
>just anons shitposting
>trips used as scapegoats yet again

Anons really shit up this board beyond belief, and the babby-coddling mods are ruled by emotion. This place is run like a SJW student union... deleting threads is like replacing clapping with twinkle-fingers because it triggers the weak.

Exactly how unemployed do you have to be to moderate 4chan board, anyway? As if merely posting here weren't a big enough waste of time...
>>
>>2983748
>can i haz trip thred??pls
>NO

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
>>
>>2983749

Ever wonder why Reddit is on top and profitable, and 4chan keeps getting smaller, slower, and less relevant?

You.
>>
>buy camera
>its broken
every single time
>>
>>2980311
lol, you seriously want to have the pussy he came from? gayest of gays.
>>
I'm surprised I haven't seen
>want to shoot landscapes
>live in dead-flat flyover country
yet.

I thought that was one of the most common feels around
>>
>>2984967
>want to shoot colourful streets and stuff
>live in an ex-commie grey depressing city
>>
File: missyoujohn.jpg (385KB, 1016x1000px) Image search: [Google]
missyoujohn.jpg
385KB, 1016x1000px
>be me
>carry camera with me everywhere
>photography is a way of documenting the things in my life, sometimes literally, sometimes fulfilling a vision I have in my head
>end up with a lot of photos of my friends and the memories we created together
>think of these as lesser than the photos I took for "art"
>12/11/2016
>best friend dies of an accidental overdose at 20
>I saw him the day before and we spent the day in the darkroom at school
>have hundreds of photos of him on film and digital media
>his parents cry as they thank me from the bottom of their hearts for taking photos of their son and capturing his spirit in a way they couldn't
>suddenly realize a completely deeper significance in taking photos for me

"I used to think I could never lose someone if I photographed them enough. In fact, my photos show me just how much I've lost" -Nan Goldin

Cherish the ones you have close to you /p/ because you don't realize how quickly they can be taken from you until they're gone.

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC (Macintosh)
Image Width13290
Image Height13077
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Horizontal Resolution1000 dpi
Vertical Resolution1000 dpi
Image Created2016:12:17 19:38:46
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1016
Image Height1000
>>
File: tubing1000px.jpg (595KB, 1000x721px) Image search: [Google]
tubing1000px.jpg
595KB, 1000x721px
>>2982403

>>2980659 here
For me it's not really about being that much more critical of myself. It's about enthusiasm and motivation.
A few years back I was really excited about photography, and I was better about making time to shoot stuff I enjoy and going out of my way to shoot stuff that was novel (to me).
>I wanted to shoot mountain landscapes, so I used my 1 week of vacation hiking in Rocky Mountain National Park.
>I wanted to shoot skateboarding, so I found where a skatepark was in a nearby town and just showed up one weekend.
>I wanted to shoot people tubing at the lake, so I asked around until I found someone willing to let me tag along.
I haven't been nearly as good about that stuff the past couple of years, since I switched jobs to one that has me working evenings and Saturdays.
>God, why won't that old bat retire already so I can get the Monday through Friday day shift?
It didn't help when my camera bag with almost everything got stolen. But I'm working on it. I have plans for a couple of projects in 2017 (including video).

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 4.4 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.8
Color Filter Array Pattern738
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)183 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:12:17 18:49:41
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length122.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
File: 1k-December 01, 2016-5.jpg (450KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
1k-December 01, 2016-5.jpg
450KB, 1000x667px
>>2984990
h-have a song m8 ;_;
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuvP5n_8t-E
>>2984967
Does anyone really aspire to shoot landscapes though?
>>2983791
>buy two AE-1P's in black
>one works perfectly but is bashed up
>one is mint but program doesn't work for some reason (no loss)
>friend buys an AE-1P (silver)
>shoots one roll
>shutter dies
It's okay anon, it happens to everyone. I had a Yashica FX-D die on me before the first roll was even finished.

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelX70
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.7 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image Created2016:12:01 00:17:42
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/4.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/4.0
Brightness-2.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length18.50 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
SharpnessHard
>>
>>2984990
>dead-eyed crackhead manchild
>those dicksucking lips
Nothing of value was lost m9, move on already.
>>
File: download%252520%25286%2529[1].jpg (13KB, 216x233px) Image search: [Google]
download%252520%25286%2529[1].jpg
13KB, 216x233px
> tfw started out with Sony A-mount
> tfw I deeply love their EVFs and ergonomics
> tfw Sony is abandoning the A-mount and focusing on the small and blocky E-mount cameras
> tfw 3rd party lens manufacturers that now make incredible zoom lenses like Sigma and Tamron shun both Sony mounts
> tfw Sony's own lenses are either shitty tourist tier zoom lenses or Carl Overpreiss โ„ข prime lenses, all in the same zoom range
> tfw no other redeeming quality to the E-mount cameras besides using dodgy adapters as if it's some bootleg monstrosity
> tfw I pretty much quit photography because I can't get the good and affordable lenses for a useable camera

Just end my life already, senpai.

Camera SoftwareGoogle
>>
>>2985201
Eat my shit sonyfag, serves you right for being a pleb. Also if you honestly quit instead of just switching systems then you're a massive faggot who will never amount to anything good in your life.
>>
>>2985203

The other camera manufacturers still use OVFs. I don't care about the viewfinder being "true to the eye". I care about what the picture is going to look like. It's the biggest deal breaker in the world.
>>
>>2979825
Just fired off an empty frame on my SLR to make sure I hadn't done the same thing, got some really important memories on the current roll.

Also

>that moment of sheer panic when you pop the back of the camera open and see film
>that moment of relief at the lab when you realise you just exposed the leader instead of your important photos
>>
>>2985116
What a rude thing to say, get fucked faggot
>>
>tfw you want to have a style but don't because you see portfolios of essentially the same idea over and over again and don't want to be a normie
>tfw you're actually just bitter because you haven't improved in years and no longer have imagination
>tfw midlife crisis comes early
>>
>>2984990
>in photo class
>"all right class I want you guys to take a picture of your loved ones, this is because a few weeks ago my neighbor died and the only picture they had of her was tiny and was a vacation picture of her wearing sun glasses and I don't want the same to happen to you guys"
>>
>>2985512
>tfw I literally have zero pictures anywhere except for the ones on my identity card and driving licence
>>
>>2985512
>family and friends all hate having their picture taken
>ask them anyway
>"No, of course not, anon! Why would you want to do that?!"
>>
>>2979822

It's not that I dislike people, but empty city streets are the most calming, surreal thing to me and I love it. When I'd take road trips by myself I'll plan it out to drive through towns and cities at night to just see it empty
>>
>>2979918
this is the real photography feel. it sounds dumb/pretentious to say it, but now I see a moment/gesture/scene and feel like I get some sort of insight into the beauty of a person or situation.
>>
>tfw you love taking pictures of cosplayers but you absolutely despise cosplayers as human beings
It's an abstract kind of hell. I blame /cgl/ for making me hate the cosplay community as a whole.
>>
File: 1478365855881.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1478365855881.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
>>2985512
>take photos at uni events because can't figure out anything else to do, I dislike these things somewhat
>people make some mild fun out of it "Man you have to carry that thing everywhere do you"
>some guys from our course get sent to a special professional event
>during the event one suddenly collapses and dies on the spot
>he wasn't that popular so nobody has photos of him
>have exactly one shot that looks somewhat like a portrait, not a great one but he's clearly the subject
>mail it over to staff
>tfw they're so happy and moved that we had at least one photo of him to send to his family

Haven't really heard any remarks about the camera since. Oh well, many of them got their first lesson on how suddenly anyone can run out of mileage at any time. I learned that one when a good friend died of aggressive meningitis and it happened so fast all I got was a phone call one day telling me he was gone. Never even got to see him one last time or any dramatic stuff like that.
>>
>>2985206
Mutual feel
>>
>>2979690
>last year
>be in college photo club
>meet cute girl
>get to talking and decide to go shoot the migrating birds at the local park
>show up with my canon 7d with 400mm prime.
>she shows up with a fucking sony a6000
>a fucking mirrorless camera for wildlife
>a fucking mirrorless camera for anything
>take a couple of snapshits and try to get it over with as quickly as possible
>never talk to her again
>got to thinking of her recently and decided to look her up
>she attempted suicide over summer (probably because of her shitty taste in cameras) and was committed by her parents
>dodged a bullet
>feelsgoodman.gif
>>
>>2986840
>Prioritising a person's camera over who they are
Seems a little edgy
>>
>>2986867
It's called having standards
>>
File: 1480868410465s.jpg (2KB, 124x124px) Image search: [Google]
1480868410465s.jpg
2KB, 124x124px
>>2986870
>>2986840
>shoots wildlife
>shoots digipleb
>probably uses aperture priority
>standards
>>
>>2986873
>probably uses aperture priority
You mean
>Probably uses Auto
FTFY
>>
>>2979690
>tfw i want a motorcycle to cruise around europe with a mf camera exploring the european identity crisis.
>tfw film, motorcycles and certificates are expensive.
>tfw povvo
>>
>tfw poorfag and scrape pennies for over a year to buy a piece of gear you are really proud of, but everyone calls it entry-level pleb-tier piece of shit
>>
>>2986962
must be because you are only posting phone snaps OF the gear and talk about how great it is instead of going out and taking actual photos WITH it.
>>
>>2986873
Lol
>implying any of that is worse than shooting muhrorless
>>
>>2987005

wildlife is birdfag tier. mindless hobbyst tier.
>>
>get a good job
>have disposal income
>get into photography
>have good gear and learn to take decent photos
>get married
>travel and take photos with photography-loving wife
>have kids
>shoot good pictures of family
>be completely satisfied with life
>>
>>2987088
>>be completely satisfied with life
ud dead then

life is struggle and always wanting more. its how it is.
>>
>>2987088
>fast forward 2 years
>i'm divorced and broke
>my photography sucks despite constant new gear purchases
>kids are just shit machines who's vocabulary mostly consists of "buy me stuff"
>hang myself on xmas because that's less depressing than continuing with the struggle
>>
>>2987088
>learn to take decent photos
while working a full time job? lol no
>>
>>2987099
>getting divorce raped
>having money for gear
lol
>>
>>2987104
>be in massive credit card debt
>hang myself on xmas eve instead because someone pointed this out

thanks asshole.
>>
>>2987108
Don't feel bad, anon. I have literally around 20 Euros until I get my salary the second week of January. That will be the second New Year where I'll be eating pasta and/or potatoes.
>>
>>2985518
lolwut? How? Does it ever make you sad, anon?
>>
>>2987099
>>kids are just shit machines who's vocabulary mostly consists of "buy me stuff"
>>hang myself on xmas because that's less depressing than continuing with the struggle
Tell them that they can get some presents when mommy/daddy stops being a bitch. Continue paying whatever you need to before faking your death and starting a new life in a new town.
>>
>>2987081
>implying bird photography isn't God tier.
>Bet you're a "street" "photographer."
>Go back to taking insensitive black and white photos of homeless people you newfag.
>>
>Living in a small town and having clients bitch and moan about pricing because it's "too expensive" for a video, etc.
>>
>>2980204
The most irrelevant trip on the board. Please fuck off
>>
File: high art wildlife photography.jpg (259KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
high art wildlife photography.jpg
259KB, 1000x1000px
>>2987185
>he thinks hobbyist tier photography is worth anything
sure thing man, going back to shooting homeless people in aperture priority

>>
>>2979757
>>tfw shooting itself feels great and everything after that is grueling shit
Dear fucking god this. Everything you said rings true, but this one is so painfully accurate.

Also

>tfw trying to turn my life around and make photography into a living, or at least some income
>tfw overwhelmed by the business and logistical side of it and about to give up
>tfw my portfolio site I spent a couple months building looks too good than how I feel about my photo skills and what I could pull off on actual job
>tfw moved to a completely new place this year but crippling depression and anxiety make me stay home almost all the time and hardly touch the camera at all in months
>tfw about to give up and start applying for office wagecuck jobs instead that will ensure I have no free time or energy to take photos as a hobby in my free time

I-I'm sorry /p/.
>>
>>2987257
Man the fuck up and do your own business. Start with pets and children photography and work some portraits on the owners/parents.
They will like it, the talking advertisement starts working and your business slowly starts to pull itself up.
Depression is an awful misery but you are the only one who can get you out of it. Same thing happened to me, I just said "fuck this shit" stood up, and picked up my life. Now I am going at the STEM degree I failed before and I am doing it with good grades while doing my own business.
>>
>>2979825
this >>2980267
holy fuck dude are really this dumb?
>>
>bringing your camera to family holiday events so that you can hide behind a viewfinder and not have to talk to people much
>>
>>2987280
This describes 90% of /p/
>>
>>2987280
But they ask you shoot them, anon. That's even worse.
>>
Do a photoshoot with girl.
Gets a frontpage image on modelling website.
Gets one published.
She has sex with me.
>>
>>2987292
wives don't count, senpai
>>
I start getting good and models start messaging me offering TFP shoots.
>>
>>2987326
>models
>>
>>2987090
>life is struggle and always wanting more. its how it is

there is a difference between being happy and satisfied but still dreaming of that Ferrari in your driveway and living a shitty life where you pray every morning that your car doesn't break down because you can't even pay for an oil change
>>
File: 1481578802490.png (223KB, 540x540px) Image search: [Google]
1481578802490.png
223KB, 540x540px
>tfw aperture priority has made me thousands of dollars
>tfw I could probably get even better shots in manual
>tfw to scared to trust myself and stick to aperture mode
>>
>Tfw taking a candid photo of friends laughing and having fun
>Tfw it's like a movie moment where you capture the exact picture that gives off all the best feelings

man it's a good feel
>>
File: 1467513067907.jpg (31KB, 360x325px) Image search: [Google]
1467513067907.jpg
31KB, 360x325px
>Great shot
>Slightly out of focus
>>
>>2987736

Manual focus + focus magnifier leaves my shit razor sharp. Never gone soft again
>>
>>2987737
Do you really trust your eyes more than a computer?
>>
>>2987739

When I'm getting paid for portraits and events, yeah. I have to
>>
>>2986970
I've never posted anything here, as you people would tear everything apart.
I mean every review page - it appears that anything below 5000 dollar price tag is "useless" and "poor performance" as if everyone would have that amount of money to spend on a hobby.

I mean if you're a poorfag and need a telezoom and can't afford the 2500 dollars minumum, isn't a 400 dollar lense a better than no lense at all?
>>
>>2987755
>I mean if you're a poorfag and need a telezoom and can't afford the 2500 dollars minumum, isn't a 400 dollar lense a better than no lense at all?
It's not, because then you are stuck with a shitty $400 sub-standard lens and are still $2500 away from buying a good one, instead of saving it towards the good one so you are only $2100 away from it.

In the end, you'll end up paying $2900 for the good lens because no one will want to buy your f/5.6-11 screw-driven soapy shitglass second-hand. The "I can't afford to buy cheap things" principle holds very strong in photography.
>>
>>2985116

lmao, do you really type things like this just to be edgy for edgy sake. fucking off yourself in 99 wildy fag.
>>
File: 1473261513759.png (267KB, 500x382px) Image search: [Google]
1473261513759.png
267KB, 500x382px
>shooting with a very nice non-canon/nikon camera
>it's amazing, it lacks nothing
>technically it's on par with everything from canon/nikon
>constantly thinking I should just switch systems because I'm sick of all the people commenting on it and asking me why I'm no shooting on canon/nikon
>>
>>2988156
Which?
>>
>>2988157
It doesn't matter, that's why I didn't specify.
>>
>tfw intense social anxiety severely limits the kinds of things I can take pictures of
Nature is nice, I guess.
>>
>>2988157
He shoots Sony and is embarrassed of all the shit he gets.
>>
>>2979822
It's not always fun and interesting. But it gets you to be aware of your surroundings. I've taken a few pictures that i like very much, but that's after many times of roaming the downtown area. I like the feeling of walking in the streets but not too fond of interacting with strangers...
>>
>>2988156
Me too, always, fucking Panasonic and my father who bought it
>>
>>2987265

Sure you are, kid
>>
>>2979690
>getting into the hobby, buying a nice DSLR
>later on buying better lenses
>making one good portrait of my cousins son, suddenly all the family wants me to do every event
>saying I have such a nice camera, it makes such good photos, please take more photos etc...
>last event I just couldn't enjoy the family gathering being the camera guy and all
>they even treated me as any damn hired photographer, not as a member of the family

What do I do /p/? I'm just hobbist, I can't take any money for it but it takes all my time even afterwards and I actually have to meet certain demands. I have a very unnerving feeling I am treated here like a freebie pro photographer. Abuse is a better word.
I'll be making a few portraits tomorrow coupled with some nice macros for my own enjoyment, but I have to put an end to this.
How do I tell the family that I don't want to do any shoot for them?
>>
File: 1474543401708.jpg (33KB, 402x604px) Image search: [Google]
1474543401708.jpg
33KB, 402x604px
>>2989186
>saying I have such a nice camera, it makes such good photos
>>
>>2989443
Yeah, it's like they are taunting me too. Seriously how do I tell them to fuck off? I will take photos when I want to but don't expect me to work my ass off on family gatherings and get left out of it in the mean time.
Photography is mainly a hobby and I want it to stay like that. I don't want it to be my job, I have a real job!
>>
>>2987326
>im so good people want me to work for them and not pay me.

Lol, such lofty aspirations anon.
>>
>tfw you read articles about composition saying the exact same things every other article has said before to the point where you just can't learn anything from reading anymore but when you try to put everything you read into practice everything you take just looks boring and sterile.
>>
>>2989505

its already been said: all composition books are the plebs choice. if you want your photography to look like your typical soulless protog from youtube, or like weekend middle aged hobbysts, then read them. if you have kino aspirations, consume films and art in general (you can extract visual composition ideas from music too).
>>
File: F1010038.jpg (545KB, 1840x1232px) Image search: [Google]
F1010038.jpg
545KB, 1840x1232px
>>2982054
Getting that one moment on film.

It might not be technically perfect in composition and the like. It might not be lit exactly right. Your gear's operating at its limits with too slow a film, so the lens is wide-open and the shutter-speed's as low as it'll safely go.

It's a snapshot in the moment, but it's still just about in focus, all your settings were still close enough to right, and you got it with your last chance on your last roll of film for the day.

Equipment MakeFUJI PHOTO FILM CO., LTD.
Camera ModelSLP1000SE
Camera SoftwareFDi V4.5 / FRONTIER340-3.0-0E-518
Image Created2016:12:15 11:07:27
Image Width1840
Image Height1232
>>
>tfw will never be good
>>
File: 1473722413313.jpg (204KB, 585x883px) Image search: [Google]
1473722413313.jpg
204KB, 585x883px
>start getting into photography 4 years ago
>quit 2 years ago
>now wanting to get back in
>>
>>2979744
My wedding-photographer-senses are tingling
>>
>>2979734
>Friend inspired by you
This happened to me. We used to vidya a lot with a friend and he wanted to learn photography, so I gave him some tips and introduced him to the medium.Some months passed and he started getting gud. I mean really gud, he was about to surpass me very soon.

So we were playing Rust I infiltrated this old guys guild and while I was talking to him he was talking about how tough hes had it and how his wife cheated on him and left all the while i was emptying out all his storage boxes onto the ground then i removed all the foundations to his fortess then he loaded in as his tower collapsed. Poor guy spent a month building up and I wiped it all in minutes, he got so mad but I kept calling him my friend and asked him to calm down because it's only a game then I spoke to an admin and got him banned from the server since he was spreading slander about me to other players. He ended up shutting his teamspeak down and blanked out his steam name and picture and left all groups and removed all friends. He didnt talk with me for months.

He was really upset about losing all that progress. It's a small world though because I think i found him in ARK last week and i infiltrated his tribe and drowned all of his dinosaurs. He even had a baby spino he was raising that I drowned. Worse part was hearing him cry and blow snot on teamspeak. Last thing I heard was that he dropped photography too.

So I dont know...comfy feeling?
>>
File: 1473183174853.png (122KB, 439x443px) Image search: [Google]
1473183174853.png
122KB, 439x443px
>>2979734
>tfw you're too overbearing and people avoid the topic of photography because it'll set you off
I've tried to curb it but I just can't help it. Yet when I'm out shooting I'm very easily annoyed by distractions so the few times other togs have approached for a chat I was rude and unresponsive to get them off my hair. Then felt really bad afterwards. I'm sorry bros, whoever you were.
>>
File: Screenshot_2016-12-26-16-43-38.png (362KB, 1440x2560px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2016-12-26-16-43-38.png
362KB, 1440x2560px
>>2981655
>>
>live in Eastern Europe
>cameras and lenses are the same price as everywhere else
>have several times less money than the average Westerner
>see Westerners complaining about the prices

>>
File: 1480028655317.jpg (327KB, 1110x684px) Image search: [Google]
1480028655317.jpg
327KB, 1110x684px
>tfw decide to postpone trying C-41 yourself because feeling lazy
>tfw lab returns negatives utterly raped by the minilab that it takes hours of shooping to fix a single strip
>tfw the only frames that were spared from violence were the shittiest snapshits
>>
File: 1437272655223.png (20KB, 1130x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1437272655223.png
20KB, 1130x1000px
>>2989615
Apolgize
>>
>>2990284
you do realise that the average westerner is broke too, right?
>>
>>2990371
Is he?
With the same price of cameras and lenses here and there if he and I manage to save say 5% of our salary each month he's gonna save faster than me.
>>
>>2990373
There are other factors to consider anon, such as cost of living.
>>2990371
Can confirm. My wageslave friend works 40-50 hours a week, spends all his free time sleeping or doing chores. Then he spends all his money on rent/transport/groceries/utilities/Tax.
To the point where he had to stop shooting film recently because he can't afford to pay for processing or take the time to process it himself. While recent tax breaks on the lower end have helped in some places, he still struggles to get by. Every piece of new gear he gets is 2nd hand from me sold at mates rates or requires him to sell something to buy. Guy's trying to buy a 35mm and has ยฃ140 "disposable" income for food and whatever else every 4 weeks. Even spending ยฃ3 a day on food, making his own lunches and buying nothing else he's saving up for over half the year.
Fact of the matter is, companies price their shit the same over the rest of the world and sometimes it's even more expensive when not in the US or Japan. Does it suck that the economy's in the shitter? Yeah. Will a big company sell their products and scale prices appropriately because of this? No. You're not gonna see Leica selling their digital bodies for ยฃ500 in South America, because then they have a grey import problem.
>>
File: why.gif (4MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
why.gif
4MB, 300x169px
>spend hours in lightroom and photoshop editing a photo
>nothing I try looks right
>get really frustrated, scrap everything and go to bed
>try again the next day
>I manage to make it look amazing/exactly how I wanted it to look within the first few minutes

This happens so much
>>
File: 8d0eZ.jpg (54KB, 558x418px) Image search: [Google]
8d0eZ.jpg
54KB, 558x418px
>be beginner rebel shitter in university with my trusty kit 18-55mm
>love the fuck out of photography
>all things OP mentioned are applicable even the image to some degree
>take some good photos but always be thinking one thing
>"Why the fuck is it so hard to get photos in low light/artificial light? What am I doing wrong?"
>ask pro photographer friend who does concerts
>"Dude, all you need is a 50mm,"
>ask photography teacher if this information is correct
>"Oh yeah a 50mm can do low light really well"
>do online research just in case
>sure enough it seems a 50mm provides good low light results
>fuck yeah buy it and wait
>get it
>"Hmm... yeah it's doing low light a BIT better... but not as much as I thought."
>"Why the fuck is every shot so zoomed in? These look NOTHING like the shots I saw online!"
>ask professional friend what the hell the deal was
>"Oh you have a Rebel? Shit dude i'm sorry, I thought you had a full-frame body."
>nobody in my quest had thought to inform me that a full-frame body was required to reap the benefits of a 50mm lens... or even what the hell a full-frame camera was
>tfw all your gear was shit and nobody told you
>mfw

Did you learn the difference between full-frame and crop bodies in your photography class? Because I sure as hell didn't.

Plus side is, I still use that lens to this day.
>>
>>2990546
>Did you learn the difference between full-frame and crop bodies in your photography class? Because I sure as hell didn't.
Yeah, 1st day actually.
My tutor had a bunch of cameras on a table and pass them round class, explaining the benefits of negative size. At the time FF sensors weren't really a thing, so it was explained as a crop body.

So yeah. Step up.
>>
File: 1478958585424.jpg (213KB, 798x770px) Image search: [Google]
1478958585424.jpg
213KB, 798x770px
>>2990546
>>2990549
>going to uni for photography

Image Width798
Image Height770
>>
>>2990560
>uni
>>
>>2990549
Despite this he was a great teacher, i'm actually quite surprised considering the depth he went into subjects that this was overlooked.

>>2990560
>he took a photography class so he must mean he went to school for photography!
>>
>>2980172
I feel you fellow photo journalism bro
>>
>>2990575
maybe this is a broad question, but what were the "good old days" like, and what has changed about it in recent years?
>>
>>2990546
But did you get a 30mm to for the rebel?
>>
>>2990546
I took a private course.
It was brought up in the lesson about lenses.
>>
>women look better when you're shooting down at them from an angle
>be a 5'2" manlet who has to stand up on his tippy toes to take a picture of a woman who is standing up
It hurts to live.
>>
>>2982361
Are you retarded?
Even new york city can be found seemingly empty at very specific times.
>>
>>2991200
>Even new york city can be found seemingly empty at very specific times.
I never doubted that large cities can be found empty at certain times, go back and read from here >>2980681 you autist.
>>
>>2985512
>tfw vampire and I have to wear sunglasses or people won't be able to tell I was there at all
>>
>>2987088
I don't know why but this made me laugh.
>>
>>2989186
>How do I tell the family that I don't want to do any shoot for them?
Say this
> I'm just hobbist, I can't take any money for it but it takes all my time even afterwards and I actually have to meet certain demands. I have a very unnerving feeling I am treated here like a freebie pro photographer. Abuse is a better word.
to the person in your family you trust most.
It will work itself out after that.
>>
>spent more time in my teenage years buying musical instruments than actually learning how to competently play music
>spending more time in my adult years buying photo equipment than actually learning how to competently take photos
Help me.
>>
>>2991233
Stop romanticizing your preconceptions and make your own experience with what you have.
>>
>>2990546
>Never taken a class in photography
>even I know the difference between a full frame and crop body.
>the fact that I didn't spent a penny for classes and still know a good but about photography.
>>
>>2989186
or just say you forgot your cam at home
>>
>>2991641
Yeah, if you're a passive aggressive beta who's afraid of taking control of his own life.
>>
>>2991638
>>/r/iamverysmart/
>>
>>2989186
>>2989496
Tell them what you just told us.

>I'm just hobbist, I can't take any money for it but it takes all my time even afterwards and I actually have to meet certain demands. I have a very unnerving feeling I am treated here like a freebie pro photographer. I will take photos when I want to but don't expect me to work my ass off on family gatherings and get left out of it in the mean time.
Photography is mainly a hobby and I want it to stay like that. I don't want it to be my job, I have a real job!
>>
>>2991647
:^)
>>
>>2989186
These anons
>>2991646
>>2991226
have basically the right idea. I wouldn't use the word "abuse," but tell your family that being relied on to take photos at family events makes it so you can't just enjoy the get-togethers. If they still don't get it, explain how much time it takes afterward to get cull and edit photos, and that you feel taken advantage of. With your family, you want to be valued as a family member, not as a photographer.

Then, if you want to, you can volunteer your time and photography skills as a gift for certain special occasions. Favorite cousin getting married? Engagement photos as an early wedding gift could be a possibility (but not shooting the wedding/reception, because you actually want to be there as a family member, not a photog). Something like that is no different than Uncle Doug making them a cedar chest in his woodworking shop or Grandma quilting a baby blanket for her new grandkid.
>>
>tfw going from primarily film to primarily digital has made you a gearfag by accident and you are dissatisfied with a camera you loved 5 years ago
>tfw you are dissatisfied with your gear because see how much better stuff is now and look through the viewfinder thinking about how this shot you can't take because it's too dark would be easy if you had $5,000 more in your bank account for the FF DSLR and an f1.4 lens instead of an f2.8
>>
>>2987736

>buy split prism viewfinder glass
>throw digishit viewfinder in the trash
>never second-guess your focus again
>>
using nikon d3200 video setting and directional/shotgun mics -- low budget stuff ($2k range) We are, in essence, filming a PR documentary.

Which lens do you think produces Quality interview shots?

nikon 10-24mm wide angle (leaning toward this)

or nikon 35mm
>>
>>2989186
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
have you ever been an intern?

I told them free once, pay me next -- when it is good and showing some kind of positive marketing effect.

I'm reasonable, but I state the conditions clearly that labor intensive exploitation will not continue...

the trick is to be so good as to be needed
( . )Y( . )
>>
>>2991663
50mm 1.8
>>
>>2991663
I would say 35mm would look best
>>
>>2991663
Try testing them out firsthand and comparing them with a professional doco interview.
>>
>sold all my gear a couple of years ago
>now saving up and wondering which system to pick up
>the sony mirrorless are really tempting me
>>
>>2992446
Don't even bother getting back into it then, buy yourself a gun instead and blow your fucking brains out faggot
>>
File: 1359430512120.gif (1MB, 350x239px) Image search: [Google]
1359430512120.gif
1MB, 350x239px
>be Sugar
>be fat and stupid
>didn't religiously back up my data
>nuke a 2tb drive containing 4 years of work from 2011-2014 because I dropped it while it was running
>bad sectors, bad sectors everywhere
>decide to wait until I get home to try and save it
>load it up on my dual Xeon server
>got all of 2013 back so far
>so much work thought to be lost, now I have it back
>three more years to go
>bought a bunch of storage while on the road and installed it tonight

Don't be a dumb ass kids. Back your shit up
>>
>>2992646
>dropped it
>while it was running
You using an external?
>>
>>2992655

yup

So far so good 2013 is fully recovered 2014 is doing good, 1.5tb of data total and altogether from the different attempts over the months I've got about half of it back.

The new setup is a 7-disk stack of 2tb drives in RAID 0 I believe, where all 7 disks have the same data, at some point this year I will upgrade the boot drive to SSD and expand the total storage to 12 disks at 4tb each, I learned my lesson and I'm not fucking around this year
>>
File: mfdoomed.jpg (26KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
mfdoomed.jpg
26KB, 600x600px
>>2992646
similar autism
>be me
>have shitty laptop
>only a year old and the hard drive fails/dies
>never backed up anywhere else
>tell myself it's no big deal and I'll be okay
>denial
>take it to computer place with high hopes
>"sorry we couldn't recover anything from the old hard drive"
>buy rope on the way home
>at home tying noose, decide to boot up laptop for old times sake
>see folder on the desktop named old hard drive
>open it
>literally everything is there
>mfw
Stinky bastards at the computer place lied to me
>>
>>2992732

got all of 2014 back, was some good stuff on there, now that Ive had a second look a few years later theres some stuff I should have posted here, maybe ill process them tomorrow :)
>>
>>2992646

>nuke a 2tb drive containing 4 years of work from 2011-2014 because I dropped it while it was running

and literally nothing of value was lost. In fact, the destruction of your photography will probably be seen as a boon to art historians in the future.
>>
>>2992767

Sucks for them I got 2013, 2014 and 2015 back successfully.

>implying my work is good enough to be of any impact on art historians
>>
>>2992776

It's the opposite. It's so bad that deleting it is the only possible outcome that results in a net positive.
>>
>>2992777
Shut up isi. You're worse than him by far.
>>
>people think you're good at photography because you have a nice camera, not because you learned photography

>too broke to get film developed, 5 rolls of undeveloped film in the fridge

>shooting random shit around the house because I dont have enough friends to go on photoshoots with :(

>people invite you to gigs because you take nice photos

>selling prints of your photos for the first time

>clients happy w/ photos sooc
>>
>>2992779
No matter how much you hate isis, you know for a fact that's not even remotely true.
>>
>>2992646
I really wish linear tape drives weren't so fucking expensive. Would seem like the best solution for archiving a shitload of scans.
>>
>decide to look up famous portrait photographers for inspiration
>end up getting horribly depressed instead because I will probably never git that gud
>>
>>2992828
not with that attitude you won't
>>
>>2992783
>a nice camera
What's your setup?
>>
>>2991642
>>2991641
Leave your cam at home and say you're not going to shoot the event.???
>>
File: FPB-78-2-Beam-3_MG_1319.jpg (46KB, 1000x522px) Image search: [Google]
FPB-78-2-Beam-3_MG_1319.jpg
46KB, 1000x522px
>want to go out
>got to take my bag
>camera and lenses are too heavy
>gather too much attention from plebs even if you're not shooting at their direction at all
Thanks, Sony, you magnificent bastards.
>>
>>2991638
>never taken a class in photography
>self-taught myself everything as a teenager on Soviet manual film SLRs
>had to learn what crop is compared to full frame rather than the other way round
>actually spend 5 years working a job being paid good money to teach retards what is crop vs full frame
>feels fucking good
>>
>>2992670
>The new setup is a 7-disk stack of 2tb drives in RAID 0 I believe, where all 7 disks have the same data
Firstly, that's not RAID 0. RAID 0 (to simplify greatly) combines all drives into one logical volume, so your 7x 2TB drives would give you one huge 14TB volume with NO redundancy or fault tolerance.

RAID 1 is the most popular consumer solution, it basically mirrors one drive to the other, so with 2x 2TB drives you have one logical 2TB volume, however if one of the drives fail your data is still safe (but you should ideally replace the failed drive with an identical model to the healthy drive, which after a few years may be difficult).

You can also combine RAID levels, eg. RAID 0+1, so with 14x 2TB drives you create one logical 14TB volume that is mirrored between two sets of 7x 2TB drives.

HOWEVER

Regardless of which option above you use, you are still retarded thinking that it gives you actual data redundancy.

A fire, a robbery, an unfortunate lighting strike, and you are just as boned with 9001x mirrored 2TB drives as you would be with a single 2TB Seagate Green you got from ebay for $50. All your data is gone and you can't do shit about it.

Off-site backups is the only real solution. You can keep a simple RAID 1 at hand for convenience only, so in case of failure you don't need to re-synch your shit over the network, but all the NAS boxes or "home backup" solutions are snake oil for the naive gouging them for money and offering no real protection.

t. /g/
>>
>>2993112

This computer actually is the offsite backup, there's another one just like it that stays in Florida with almost the exact same setup. I can swap the OS drive from one and load it into the other.

This machine will go on the road with me.

t. /o/
>>
>>2993115
Fair enough, I guess. But:

- how often do you synch data between the two setups, and is it actual automated synch or just manual copy from one to another, and
- why the fuck are you carrying a 7x drive RAID with you on the road?
>>
>>2993121

Monthly. It's manual but just the drag and drop is everything after that is automated

Because I fucking can......and it also doubles as a bunk heater if the one in the truck conks out
>>
>>2993121

>why the fuck are you carrying a 7x drive RAID with you on the road?

So it can get stolen.
>>
>>2993121
>>2993208
>>2993202
Well I think it's reasonable to assume that Sugar can't drive for shit either, I'd bet on him crashing one of these trucks sooner rather than later.
>>
>>2993214

What the fuck did you just fucking say about me, you steering wheel holder? Iโ€™ll have you know I graduated top of my class at Roadmasters Inc., and Iโ€™ve been involved in numerous secret deliveries to Wal-Mart, and I have over 300,000 safe miles. I am trained in alley docking and Iโ€™m the top driver in the entire fleet. You are nothing to me but just another bill of lading. I will wipe you the fuck out with precision the likes of which has never been seen before at Iowa 80, mark my fucking words. You think you can get away with saying that shit to me over CB? Think again, lot lizard. As we speak I am contacting my secret network of truck drivers across the USA and your 20 is being traced through FlyingJ Free Wifi so you better prepare for the storm, two-pedal snowflake. The storm that wipes out the pathetic little thing you call your career. Youโ€™re fucking dead, geek wobbler. I can be anywhere, anytime, and I can alley dock in over seven hundred ways, and thatโ€™s just blindside with my Kenworth W900-L. Not only am I extensively trained in winter driving, but I have access to the entire lineup of Kenworth trucks and I will use it to its full extent to wipe your miserable ass off of the Eisenhower Interstate System, you little shit. If only you could have known what unholy retribution your little โ€œcleverโ€ comment was about to bring down upon you, maybe you would have shut off your CB. But you couldnโ€™t, you didnโ€™t, and now youโ€™re paying the price, you goddamn 4-wheeler. I will shit diesel fuel and roller dogs all over you and you will drown in it. Youโ€™re piss bottles, kiddo.
>>
>>2993269

Show us your blet.
>>
>>2991655
>Implying you can even get those for modern cameras
>>
>>2985512
>tfw no one takes a photo of you
>>
>>2979838
are you me?
>>
>>2991645
Smarter than the dude who forked over God knows how much for a course in photography and doesn't know the difference between a crop and full frame body :^)
>>
>want to get better at portrait photography
>learn basic stuff like exposure and composition
>buy nice gear
>"and remember the most important part of portrait photography is communicating and making a connection with your subject"
Welp time to go back to taking pictures of landscapes I guess.
>>
>>2994091
>>learn basic stuff like exposure and composition
>>buy nice gear
Is there something wrong with practicing using cheaper stuff?
>>
>>2994092
maybe, just getting into it, he thinks a D3300 and a 50/1.8 is really nice gear. I've had normies think I have a "really nice camera" for carrying a K-50 an an 18-55. (put the lens hood on. Normies love lens hoods)

or maybe he just didn't give a shit and bought expensive stuff because he was interested in it and could afford it. It's not a mortal sin, it's just wasting money on a hobby. Anyone with disposable income has wasted some of it on shit they strictly speaking don't need.
>>
>>2993121
So if we assume 7 drives in raid 1 that's three 2tb raid 1 volumes with a hot spare. If it's raid 10 then it's one 6tb raid 1 volume with a hot spare.
Just buy 2 ssd you crazy person.
>>
>>2993202
Hdds are like 7-20watts apiece bring a single light bulb you chuckle fuck.
>>
>>2979690

Took pictures at my NYE party, half the party used my pictures for profile pictures.

feels good man

>tfw you spotted a nice scene and normies stop to check it out and bring out their phones

this one is somewhat annoying if I'm shooting in the streets, waiting for people to clear.
>>
File: horse.jpg (9KB, 331x321px) Image search: [Google]
horse.jpg
9KB, 331x321px
>>2989596
>>
>>2993202
>rattle rattle rattle
>lose everything
retard
>>
>>2987737
>focus magnifier
is that mirrorless or do you have an actual magnifier on your dSLR?

What's your setup like
>>
>>2991655
sorry to burst your bubble, but it doesn't work very well. Putting one in a entry level canon rebel isn't that good, the viewfinder is tiny
>>
>>2984990
>"I used to think I could never lose someone if I photographed them enough. In fact, my photos show me just how much I've lost" -Nan Goldin

dude you just brought a tear to this jaded autist
>>
>>2994197
>i love to photograph junkies and aids ridden fags!
>omg they all died

real wisdom right there.
>>
>>2994199
No one knew about AIDS when she started.
Either way, you're a cunt.
>>
>>2994199
dude are you a post by a 14 year old on instagram ?

as your low quality bait

and anons friend was a high schooler doubt he would have aids. unlike you
>>
>>2994204
>STDs didnt exist before the 70s
>junkies and prostitutes dying because of their lifestyle is a real surprise! no one sees that coming!

lol
>>
>>2994207
Awareness about them was definitely not as high. Most would go to the doctor to get some antibiotics and go right back to fucking like bunnies. No uncurable death sentence STDs existed before AIDS.

Again, you're still a cunt, and missing the point of the quote. It does in now way imply she was surprised by their deaths.
>>
>>2994208

its a sappy quote with no intellectual or poetic value.

>baww ma friendz all dead
>but ill still exploited their fucked up lives for art monies and dat NY art scene prestige!

the more fucked up her pals were, the better photos. she was a good friend.
>>
>>2994213
What a bitter person you are.
I think you're deluded if you think she did not care for the milieu she photographed, and was only in it for fame and cash.
>>
>>2981211
you said it well, lad.

t. CheEng
>>
File: 1424375713038s.jpg (8KB, 205x246px) Image search: [Google]
1424375713038s.jpg
8KB, 205x246px
>>2979690
>When you're a film major and everyone laughs at you for it but then they see your work and are all impressed

i-it's a great field you guys... I can get a well paying job I swear
>>
>>2991653
>thinking you need 5 grand for a decent full frame and f1.4 lens

wewlad
>>
File: Costa Rica Adventure 1 151 (2).jpg (513KB, 1556x1038px) Image search: [Google]
Costa Rica Adventure 1 151 (2).jpg
513KB, 1556x1038px
>>2979737
>>2979943
>rich as fuck great aunt loves my work
>gives me $10,000 towards college
>I'm completely fucking floored, never expected someone to do something that nice for me
>spend a month combing through all my shit, trying to find my best nature shot and print it
>still don't feel that it's good enough
>she loves it
>mounts the frame over her fireplace in that huge ass beautiful house of hers

it's the best kind of feel

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D3100
Camera SoftwareWindows Photo Editor 6.3.9600.17418
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Color Filter Array Pattern41580
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)82 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:03:28 15:16:57
Exposure Time1/800 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length55.00 mm
Image Width4608
Image Height3072
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
ISO Speed Used3200
Image QualityFINE
White BalanceAUTO
Focus ModeAF-A
Flash SettingNORMAL
Flash Compensation0.0 EV
ISO Speed Requested3200
Flash Bracket Compensation0.0 EV
AE Bracket Compensation162111488.0 EV
Lens TypeNikon G Series
Lens Range18.0 - 55.0 mm; f/3.5 - f/5.6
Shooting/Bracketing ModeSingle Frame/Off
Noise ReductionOFF
Camera Actuations2990
>>
>See friends holding hands
>Take a quick snapshit just to capture the moment
>Review it later
>It's lovely and a well rounded photo

too bad I fucking lost it.
>>
>>2979690
>>2992646
>>2992732
>>2994634
>be 16
>on a school field trip
>use your Nikon D3100 to take pictures while hiking
>take a shot of that cute /p/girl you were chatting with while on the trail
>you think its great, one of those decent lucky shots you got while first starting out
>be a tard and don't know what backing up your computer is
>hard drive crashes and you lose everything
>looking through old facebook photos one day
>find a shitty degraded .jpg of it 5 years later

life is funny isn't it anons
>>
In case any of you were wondering I did successfully recover everything but the drive is clicking which means its roasty toasty.
>>
>>2994711

nice blog post faggot.

are we your only friends?
>>
>>2994713
it seems that he believes we are on facebook too. hence his youtube link replies. what a sad fucker, i hope he gets put down soon.
>>
>>2994717

t.poopco

>>2994713

probably.
>>
>>2979734
this. my friend got a shit camera, 3 years later i get an old film camera (only thing i can afford)
start gitting gud, develop some of my film. its really fun, my friends and i like getting drunk and taking pics, and seeing what i develop.
about a year of this passes, friend stops talking to me and about the same time, maybe a little before (its kind of a long story) gets a film camera. after hes had his film camera for a little bit, a mutual friend of ours (one of his friends that i just knew cause we all went to the same high school) gets a film camera.
now this third guy, every time i post a good pic on fb, or snap about photography, will hmu and ask a question and ill help him out. hes getting pretty good too, much more artistically inclined then me, but doesnt have that autistic drive to read the same things over and over and over again so i know a lot more about photography than him. im more than happy to help him out, my legacy is to live on in the works of others i guess. its happened before (i gave up guitar, gave my guitars to some friends who formed a band, still play to this day, 8 years later) and will happen again.
its kind of sad that im not as unique as once thought i was, but its also cool knowing there are a lot of people out there who like the same things as me, and a few who i directly impacted for the better.
>>
>>2982390
this will never happen
t. service industry scrublord
those office workers need to have their offices cleaned. this happens at night. those office workers need to eat food, these places dont close until the office workers went home, got the wife, came back, ate food and left again, then they have to clean and wash before they get to go home.
there are lots of jobs that necessarily happen at night, and some that happen at night just because its easier to move around with less people on the street.
its certainly not 24/7 activity because something up to like 80% of the city can be diurnal, but cities are never silent. doesnt happen.
even in a small city like boston, unless youre in an alley or a neighborhood, youre never alone.
ive walked from south station to the common a bunch of times, ive got off on the last train (11 pm or thereabouts) and wandered around and there are still plenty of people out and about.
>>
>>2979838
>>2979843
im an environmental major and more than half my friends are qt art girls and non qt art people. they can be pretty interesting quirky people. they can also be huge pretentious dicks.
>>
>>2994742
>a small city like boston
You really don't know what small means.
>>
>>2994745
boston only has 600,000 people mate. you get much smaller than that and you arent much of a city. you dont even have to google it, another anon in the thread said tokyo had 13 million people.
its just a sprawling metropolitan area, but most of that isnt boston.
>>
>>2994746
>only
>23'rd largest city in the US
>it's small compared to one of the largest cities on earth
>>
>>2994746
If you walk around Asakusa or other similar areas at night there are almost no people on the streets, and you could easily walk through side streets without seeing people for 10-15 minutes.
Certainly enough to get a feeling of isolation, and to make photos without people in them.
>>
>>2994748
i was never arguing that you cant get shots, i was saying that cities are never empty. b
i wash dishes, and we stop seating at 9pm. then we have to still cook and feed these people then wait for them to take their sweet fucking time (heres a tip to anyone who eats at a restaurant, once youve got your food, get the fuck out so they can clean your table) then get their plates and wash it. after all the cookwear is clean, all the silverwear put away etc. then we have to sweep and mop and set up for tomorrow. if i get to leave before 11, it was a really slow night.
i have also done floorsets. i would go into retail stores after they were closed and fold clothes, dress mannequins, stuff like that. the latest i ever stayed for that job, one time i left at 5 am.
if you are in a city that is small enough that you think you are the only person out there, its probably small enough that nobody outside of that city has ever heard of it.

>>2994747
i guess living in the northeast megalopolis has skewed me to thinking that smaller cities arent really cities. for example the town of hempstead has 800,000 people in it, more than boston, which >>2994745 apparently thinks is a fucking massive city.
>>
>>2994763
Don't exaggerate, mate. I don't think it's fucking massive. But it certainly isn't fucking small.
>>
>>2994763
I don't think anyone implied they were actually devoid of people altogether, just quiet.

Even in my small city of 150k there will always be some people out at night, that's unavoidable.
>>
>>2994769
it has a pretty large land area, yeah. the boston metropolitan area even goes into new hampshire depending what source you use.
which, shouldnt their be an official parameter for that?
>>
>tfw there's one other dude on my photography course
>everyone else are middle class white girls who took it because they want to take "cute pictures of their friends"
>having friends
>talking to other people
why can't they fuck off and let me use the darkroom in peace /p/?
>>
>>2996447
will it make you feel better to know that i tried to bypass the prereqs to get into basic photography and the prof said she thought i belong in intermediate photography so im signed up for that course?

i just want to use the darkroom dammit! just let me use the dark room!
i guess the people who have to dispose of the chemicals are bitches about it. fuck it, ill carry them in a plastic bottle on my person for the rest of my life just let me develop my film!
Thread posts: 322
Thread images: 54

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.