[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/gear/ - Gear Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 316
Thread images: 41

File: pentacks32.jpg (506KB, 855x684px) Image search: [Google]
pentacks32.jpg
506KB, 855x684px
Last Thread >>2973440

Anything about lenses, cameras, mounts, systems, buying, pricing, selling, etc. GOES IN HERE!

Don't open new threads for gear-related issues.
No pointless (brand) arguments and dickwaving allowed! You have been warned! Just questions, answers and advice.

I repeat, ANYTHING GEAR RELATED goes in here.

And don't forget, be polite.
>>
File: 1836457.jpg (216KB, 2500x2500px) Image search: [Google]
1836457.jpg
216KB, 2500x2500px
Any recommendations for a decent tripod with a removable head for under $100? Don't care about brand as long as it's sturdy
>>
>>2976256

Velbun Ulta 655/555/455/355. Whichever has a height you like best.
>>
>>2976256
I'd expand the budget a bit more and get a Dic&Mic E302C or a used Manfrotto with a 496RC2 or 498RC2 ball head
>>
File: stoptheshilling.gif (4MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
stoptheshilling.gif
4MB, 480x270px
>>2976275
>Dic&Mic E302C
>bendable legs
kek
>>
>>2976282
>forcefully bending the legs to prove a point

it was "smash a thinkpad"-tier and I saw it from manfrotto defense brigade
>>
>>2976284
>forcefully bending the legs to prove a point
Delusional fucking retard lmao

Go shill your trash on reddirt where they'll eat this chinkshit from your hand
>>
>>2976288
+0.005 € deposited to your account
>>
>>2976275
Dic & mic are a joke.
I got my giottos carbon fibre for €90, it replaced the dic i had for one week.
>>
Does anybody know anything about this? It looks very cheap for the specs but pretty much any IPS monitor I buy will be better than my shitty 1366x768 laptop screen and TN 1680x1050 external monitor I use right now

http://www.benq.com/product/monitor/gw2765ht/
>>
File: Graphite-A6000.png (150KB, 700x267px) Image search: [Google]
Graphite-A6000.png
150KB, 700x267px
>>2976245

>New a6000 color
>Still only offer black for a6300 and a6500
>>
>>2976245
what lens is on that poor pentaxx
>>
>>2976340
>what is image search
"Pentax MV with a Recesky lens"
>>
>>2976256
Seconding the Dic&Mic.

>>2976282
Sure, the leg joints flex a tiny little bit.

Doesn't change that the tripod is solid and stable as fuck. It's not like operating the camera causes the tripod to wobble.
>>
Debating if I want to get the Sigma 150-600 f5-6,3 for my bird and shy animal photo needs

anyone got experience with this lens? Is it worth the ~750€ I'll pay for a used one?
>>
>>2976282
I don't see a problem here. You have a 5-section tripod made of carbon fiber. _Some_ flexibility is to be expected. You are are applying a lot of force at an awkward angle (that does not really have bearing on normal usage scenarios).

You can always go buy a 2-section aluminium thing if you want something utterly rigid that does not give in at all, but you probably don't really want that.
>>
>>2976394
> Is it worth the ~750€ I'll pay for a used one?
The lens is cheap for a telephoto lens, but quite mediocre.

I'm not sure if it's worth your time and effort vs a better prime or better (but shorter) zoom.
>>
Hi /p/ i've posted in previous threads but would like one last opinion before I bite the bullet.

I'm looking to buy my first camera and cannot decide between A6000 or Lumix GX80. I'm not looking to get into serious photography I just want something decent to last me many years. I won't be buying any additional lenses for the foreseeable future either.

The dual image stabilisation of the GX80 and touchscreen is drawing me more towards that but the sensor size and the kit lense is drawing me towards the A6000.

My questions are:

Is the image stabilisation in the lense of the a6000 OK for an amature
Is the kit lense of the GX80 (12-32mm) versatile enough?

I will be mainly using it for street pics, holiday snaps, some landscapes if i happen to come across a nice view and I have my camera on me and full body pics of people. Portraits is not a priority but will probably take a few.

Apologies for any ignorance. Any help will be much appreciated.
>>
File: 1480145832426.jpg (277KB, 544x489px) Image search: [Google]
1480145832426.jpg
277KB, 544x489px
I'm tired of my landscapes coming out smudged, and I want to pull greater detail from my imagery. I currently work with old Nikon AF/AF-D lenses on an Olympus OMD EM10. I don't mind manual focus, but I'd want a Sony A7II for it's IBIS--which happens to be out of my budget of $1200.

I'm considering a Nikon D610 Refurbished for $1099 on Adorama. The autofocus capability is a plus. I dislike the idea of a heavy, bulky, body so I'm thinking of keeping the Olympus and getting an autofocus pancake, the Panasonic 20mm 1.7 (hopefully I can find one for under $150). What do you guys think?

Pic related for my current landscape struggles. Look at the grass.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M10
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 (Windows)
PhotographerRoy Kim
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Color Filter Array Pattern770
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:11:28 21:01:36
Exposure Time1/250 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width544
Image Height489
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastHard
SaturationHigh
SharpnessHard
>>
File: 712CvGaRWVL._SL1500_.jpg (100KB, 1275x1500px) Image search: [Google]
712CvGaRWVL._SL1500_.jpg
100KB, 1275x1500px
>>2976275
You recommended this to me in a previous gear thread. I looked at them and I wasnt impressed. I ended up getting a Benro Mach 3 Series 2 for $160 without a head and it is the sturdiest tripod I've used to date.
>>
Hey guys, I'm looking at buying an a6300, a Sony 18-105 f4 and a 70-200 f4. Should I get a Canon USM (non is) and a metabones adapter for $998 or an open box Sony for $1200? I don't think OSS is going to be helpful if I'm shooting at 1/1000 shutter speed. I also heard that the metabones has great AF with the Canon, and I will be able to use other ef lenses in the future. Is the Sony worth the extra $200?
>>
>>2976394
The 150-600 is vastly improved on the mediocre 150-500. Check the review and photos, looks very good, at least decent to me even at the long end. I would get it if it was available to my system not just the 50-500.
>>
>>2976470
Yeah, I was checking out benros and the Dic&Mic, almost pulled the trigger on the latter when a used Manfrotto 190XB popped up. Another used 498 RC2 head a week later and I didn't spend more than $200.
Hence why I mentioned the used manfrotto stuff and the 498 ball head, the head allows the QR plate to be replaced to arca-swiss if needed. I'm happy with the RC2 though.
>>
>leak of fuji x100f
>>
>>2976521
I thought only sonys got leaks.
>>
>>2976522
yeah bc that shit is lit, fire. SMASH THAT MF LIKE BUTTON FAMM
>>
>been using photoshop cs forever to edit photos
>get new camera
>the raw file isnt supported
>look it up
>cs6 have stopped getting updates

What the fuck. Photoshop is dead?

I can still convert the rawfiles to something supported, but wont I lose data that way?
>>
>>2976527
There is Adobe CC if you want the newest updates.
The subscription costs literally pennies a month.
>>
>>2976529
So ps cc is the new photoshop? I mainly need the ACR.

I cant stand lightroom.
>>
>>2976535
You will need the Photographer CC suite, PS+LR. Has ACR this way.
>>
>>2976529

>literally pennies a month

Yes. A thousand pennies a month.

Do you mean days?
>>
>>2976539
I costs a few espressos a month. I'm in the postsoviet eastern bloc and even I can afford it.
I would hardly call €12.69 a month expensive for all the updates and the newest software.
>>
>>2976470
The Dic&Mic also would have been the sturdiest tripod that you've used to date.

Sure, Benro is fine. You still paid 2-3 times as much for this tripod without a head than you'd have for a tripod with a head (E302, Q666 ...).

Besides it's a lot heavier than the more often recommended carbon tripods (E302C, Q666C, ...)
>>
>>2976432
> Is the image stabilisation in the lense of the a6000 OK for an amature
Yep. No problem.

> I won't be buying any additional lenses for the foreseeable future either.
That one is a shame. Lenses are often more important than bodies.

>I will be mainly using it for street pics, holiday snaps, some landscapes if i happen to come across a nice view and I have my camera on me and full body pics of people.
Either should do most of that okay. But again, more lenses would make it all a lot better... ah well. It'll work quite okay in most instances.
>>
>>2976542
>Dic&Mic
>Sturdy

See >>2976282
>>
>>2976473
I think I'd go with the metabones and a Sigma / Tamron 70-200 f/2.8 instead of the Sony 70-200 f/4.

I'd probably also adapt a 24-70 instead of getting a 18-105 if I was at it already.
>>
>>2976541

It is like two coffees in the states.
>>
What other tripods besides the dickmick can convert from tripod to monopod? Seems like a great idea considering the legs are all there, you just need the ability to taake one off.
>>
>>2976545
Yea, the legs flex a little under heavy load. Doesn't go off center or slip or anything with even a 15kg load though. It does not affect stability in the tripod.

Couldn't find any reason to lug around a heavier, bigger in collapsed size tripod.
>>
>>2976470
Most Chinese copy cat brands that use aluminium is just as sturdy as that.

They only cost 60-80 bucks these days, and you get a head with them as well.
>>
>>2976556
Q666(C)/Q999(C). And the various other designs like it on Aliexpress.

Benro "Go" series. (Probably more, but Benro has too many series).

Sirui NX, W, EN series.
>>
>>2976432
>>The dual image stabilisation of the GX80 and touchscreen is drawing me more towards that
Those are good video features.
>but the sensor size and the kit lense is drawing me towards the A6000.
A6000 is better at stills. In my opinion mainly because the sensor is PDAF, while the GX80 has the slower CDAF.
>>
>>2976546
The main reason I'm looking at the f4 would be weight savings and cheaper price. I am seeing some sigma 24-70 2.8s around the same price of the 18-105. Would the mc-11 be a better choice in adapter if I get 1 sigma lens and 1 cannon?
>>
>>2976567
> The main reason I'm looking at the f4 would be weight savings and cheaper price.
A cheaper price than a Tamron / Sigma? I don't think so. I actually think the Tamron / Sigma f/2.8 are sufficiently cheaper that you could buy 1-2 native Sigma APS-C primes with the difference.

I guess you might see a difference in weight, though.

> Would the mc-11 be a better choice in adapter if I get 1 sigma lens and 1 cannon?
Possibly. But check if you can't find reviews for the lenses in question used with this adapter.
>>
>>2976569
Im talking about the Canon 70-200 f4 non is which is $600 the sigma is $1150 right now.
>>
anyone know what i should get for a relatively affordable wide angle lens for a nikon?

id preder 24-28mm, dont care about autofocus and i'd only be using it during day time so shit low light isn't a problem
>>
Current wide angle King lens has a challenger to the throne.

I can't wait for this battle to unfold.
Same electric contact features.
Same de-click aperture rings.
Similar size and weight.
One is just 1 stop faster.

Most people expect the Loxia to be better, but the new lens just has so much glass, and its glass pieces are ridiculously huge compare to the Loxia's.
>>
>>2976630

lol wut
>>
File: mamiyabeach.jpg (137KB, 900x596px) Image search: [Google]
mamiyabeach.jpg
137KB, 900x596px
Benro make really nice tripods, no doubt, but they aren't really a very cheap alternative anymore.

I went myself with the chink tier dic & mic p303 because of this - It was 160$, and the equivalent construction(load/weight) Benro or Sirui would have cost me about triple the price. Weight was important, as was load capacity, so aluminum was not an option for me.

The P303 is lightweight enough to carry around anywhere for an entire day, and sturdy enough you can prop a Mamiya Press with the 250mm f5 lens on it and have it stay stable. I've had the tripod for about 1 year now and also taken it on several trips abroad - So far, so good.

In the name of fairness though, I have a couple of beefs; The locking latches (that lock the angle of the tripod legs) are way more crude than what you see on a Benro or other better-tier tripod, and a bit wiggly, but that doesn't really impact operation. Makes it feel a bit "cheap" in feel, but as long as it works as it should, well, why be bothered? It was cheap, after all.

I also had to tighten one of the legjoint screws a bit; I didn't quite have the correct size key for the hole (inch vs mm versions, i guess?), so while I managed to get it tight enough for my liking, it also ate away fairly easily on the screw hole edges - I got the feeling that what ever metal is used for the screws themselves is rather soft. Made me wonder if you could get replacement versions from somewhere?

Verdict so far is that "you get what you pay for", but as long as its primary intended function works, I'm OK with that. I would rather spend that extra 300 from the price difference on lenses, film, or something else.

Equipment MakePENTAX
Camera ModelPENTAX K-5
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Windows
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern4818
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)25 mm
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:09:24 23:59:22
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias1/2 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length17.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width900
Image Height596
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastHard
SaturationHigh
SharpnessHard
Subject Distance RangeClose View
>>
>>2976641
meant as reply to >>2976470
>>
>>2976394
Why not the new tamron
>>
>>2976547
YOUR POINT BEING
>>
Repostan

Just got my Canon 80D

Setting up back button af, I seem to be losing the touch to focus in live view? How do I reenable that?

Also why the hell would canon enable you to change live view functionality based on the shutter button settings.
>>
File: 04_heisler.jpg (330KB, 889x874px) Image search: [Google]
04_heisler.jpg
330KB, 889x874px
https://www.alpa.ch/_files/20131006_ALPA_FPS_low-rez.pdf

YFW the $25 Canon 40mm pankek lense has a 645 sized image circle

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 550D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.14
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.0.8
Serial Number1132529712
Lens NameEF100mm f/2.8 Macro USM
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016:12:03 23:08:55
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/8.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Lens Aperturef/8.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length100.00 mm
Image Width889
Image Height874
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
Exposure ModeManual
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModePartial
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeUnknown
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeTimed
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Self-Timer Length10 sec
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceCustom
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed160
Color Matrix129
>>
File: flashBeauty-s.jpg (87KB, 1024x683px) Image search: [Google]
flashBeauty-s.jpg
87KB, 1024x683px
Which digital cameras will respect my freedoms?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS4 Macintosh
Maximum Lens Aperturef/4.2
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2010:06:18 21:52:26
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.94 m
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length41.00 mm
Image Width1024
Image Height683
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceManual
>>
>>2976696
Many Android smartphones.
>>
Is there a /p/ camera purchasing infographic / guide available, I'm 100,000% new to all this and have no idea what the fuck you guys are talking about but I wanna start /p/ing in my spare time
>>
>>2976739
Nah. And it wouldn't be objective, because quite a lot of people are very focused on "their" system.

Just state your budget and what you're going to photograph and investigate suggestions yourself.
>>
>>2976741

I don't even have a real frame of reference for what a decent camera should cost. I just read a post in some other thread where some anon mentioned paying a thousand dollarydoos for a refurbished camera (can't remember the model) which is fucking bananas. Simply searching "Nikon" on Amazon showed most of their products going for five or six hundred but I'd really like to not pay more than three. Wish I'd thought of this before Black Friday
>>
>>2976747
>I don't even have a real frame of reference for what a decent camera should cost
It depends on what you want to do. Plus to an extent, what you want to afford.

Part of /p/ is very price sensitive or maybe poor and will get upset over camera setups a few grand (which may only an expense of like $400-600 per year depending on how long you use the lenses and bodies - not expensive for shit as far as hobbies go).

> I just read a post in some other thread where some anon mentioned paying a thousand dollarydoos for a refurbished camera (can't remember the model) which is fucking bananas
It's not bananas depending on what kind of a camera + lens he got. (Never ignore the lens, it's still very important and often not a cheap part.)

But of course they offer cheaper models for cameras and lenses.

> Simply searching "Nikon" on Amazon showed most of their products going for five or six hundred but I'd really like to not pay more than three.
You can get a Nikon D3300 kit or something for about that much. But eh, that's not my choice of camera or lens. As you might have guessed.

It will take photos better than the average smartphone, but why would I go that cheap on one of my hobbies and then just feel annoyed?

> Wish I'd thought of this before Black Friday
The internet basically always has deals much like black friday, doesn't really matter.
>>
>>2976751

Thank you anonymous. I will bear this in mind as I shop around and make terrible life choices
>>
Thinking about getting this tripod

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B013JS8JTI/

Should I?
>>
>>2976868
Just standard ballhead, you can get for 80 bucks from China.
>>
>>2976394
I think the 150-500 is pretty good once you master it, and the 150-600 is meant to be better, so I'd buy one.
>>
>>2976245
Hello, I am in the market for a flash for a Canon 6D. I don't know much about cameras, it is a gift for a friend.

Is this a good deal?

https://www.amazon.com/Neewer-E-TTL-Speedlite-Camera-NW-562/dp/B01HI1OY8M/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1480759524&sr=1-1&keywords=Neewer
>>
>>2976739
Read the sticky, newfriend
>>
>>2976630
That poor light is going to be molested by all that glass. Expect the most artificial looking images from it. Garbage
>>
What does /p/ think of this tripod?

https://www.amazon.com/Z818-Portable-Magnesium-Aluminium-Release/dp/B013UESDJC/ref=sr_1_7?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1480808931&sr=1-7&keywords=dslr%2Btripod&th=1
>>
File: 1317038207202.jpg (974KB, 2125x1329px) Image search: [Google]
1317038207202.jpg
974KB, 2125x1329px
>>2976937
Any input is appreciated.

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
Image Width2125
Image Height1329
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Compression SchemeUncompressed
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution250 dpi
Vertical Resolution250 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2010:04:16 22:51:57
Exposure Time1/2000 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Exposure ProgramShutter Priority
ISO Speed Rating400
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Exposure Bias1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length600.00 mm
Image Width2125
Image Height1329
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2976952

Looks like the same generic design as mine... solid as can be. Not the lightest, though.
>>
>>2976956
I was referring you back up to my question... I found that picture online.
>>
File: image.jpg (90KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
90KB, 1280x720px
I'm contemplating maybe purchasing the Sony A6000/ 6300 that you all recommend for stills and a bit of video. Is this a good time to buy or are there other deals I should be aware of this holiday season?
>>
What's adapting Nikon lenses for E mount like now that there are smart adapters available?

Has anyone actually ever done it? All I find when I google for it is Brian Smith's Affiliate Links Portal. Useless
>>
Should I pull the trigger and sell my 6D, 50mm 1.4 lens, tripod + other accessories just so I can buy a Ricoh GR II or a x 100t? or is this a dumb idea?
>>
>>2976963
Prices seem okay.

> Is this a good time to buy or are there other deals I should be aware of this holiday season?
Uh, there always will be some other deal... who knows.
>>
>>2976963
>that you all recommend
that poopscoop recommends

FTFY
>>
A friend gave me t5i, is there anything I should know in general about the camera? I've never owned a DSLR before
>>
>>2976937
Don't know this one. But it's superficially very cheap for 2 GN58 flash units with E-TTL.
>>
>>2977046
Aside from the usual learn-to-use-a-dslr advice, please thank him, even right now, again.

I gave a friend a DSLR and was very happy when I got thanked again even a month afterwards.
>>
>>2977065
I haven't even used it yet and have rightfully, and autistically, thanked him about 10 times, so so far so good

I've done what I think is a good amount of reading up on DSLR's in general, anything you'd specifically recommend?
>>
Should I upgrade from a Sony A37 to a6000/6300? Money's tight
>>
>>2977067
Read Bryan Petersons Understanding Exposure. Also Fro Knows Photo has a good beginners video, "Getting out of Auto" IIRC. He is a tacky guy but that video explaining with examples helped me a lot starting out.
>>
>>2977069
Get a good lens instead.
>>
>>2976963
The body has been as low as $450 for the a6000.

Absolute best price/performance on the market for mirrorless.
>>
>>2977069

LA-EA4 + a7ii

Pricey, but an awesome set-up if you have a lot of a-mount lenses.
>>
>>2977054
Thanks

>>2977047
He doesn't have a flash - he blew his whole load on the camera and kit lens combo. Said a flash was better than spending the big bucks on a new lens for now.
>>
I can't decide if I should get the Canon AE-1 or a Nikon F3.

Is the price of the F3 really worth it?
Or should I get a completely different camera?
>>
>>2976963
>>2977080
As far as I know, Adorama and B&H sold the body for 400 dollars, new.

That was on black Friday, but I heard other shops expended that deal all the way to Christmas.
>>
File: tokina_firin_5.jpg (320KB, 791x800px) Image search: [Google]
tokina_firin_5.jpg
320KB, 791x800px
>>2976950
I can't wait for it.

I suspect all that glass will make it much sharper than even the Loxia 21, which already is much shatper in the corner than Sigma Art 20mm which everybody praise for being sharp.

Equipment MakePanasonic
Camera ModelDMC-LX100
Camera SoftwareVer.1.0
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)24 mm
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2016:09:21 11:47:46
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating200
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length10.90 mm
Image Width791
Image Height800
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Gain ControlLow Gain Up
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Image QualityUnknown
White BalanceAuto
Focus ModeAuto
Spot ModeUnknown
Image StabilizerMode 1
Macro ModeMacro
Shooting ModeAperture Priority
AudioNo
Flash Bias0.00 EV
Color EffectOff
ContrastLow
Noise ReductionStandard
>>
>>2976432
I find micro four third lens to be much more affordable for the Sony equivalent
>>
>>2976950
Artificial? More glass usually just looks more accurate.
>>
>>2977134
What do you want it for? One was babby's first nice camera, the other was a professional tank. The former has more affordable lenses, the latter has access to lenses that stretch into the modern era, and thus, retained or have higher value than FD lenses.

At the end of the day, they both take the same pictures. The biggest difference is that the focus scale and direction of mounting the lens is reversed between the two.
>>
>>2977148

They are most likely less capable of producing precision glass and needed all those extra elements to make it worthwhile.

A lot more goes into image quality than number of elements.
>>
How much of a meme are the instant print cameras that are on the market right now?

Are any models especially good or notably better than the others?
>>
>>2977184
Nope. Their 24-70mm F2.8 is an excellent lens.
>>
>>2977218
The polaroid thinies? I doubt they are very good.

They solely exist because they can provide and workflow and fast end product which Smartphones aren't capable of
>>
>>2977218
Canons Selphy has objectively good print quality and fairly okay cost. Print time is acceptable.

Rest is shit IMO cause they combine poor quality with high cost... even if some print faster.
>>
I search a polyvalent lens for events on A7SII anyone have a advice on this?
>>
>>2977080
for video is just middle the g7 run in 4k video
>>
How many Eurobucks can I expect to get for a Nikon D3200 with a Nikkor 35mm f/1.8? Going to make the jump to mirrorless
>>
>>2977223
Polyvalent how exactly?
>>
>>2977226
A lense with large range of focal like a 35mm to 140mm
>>
>>2977225
300ish maybe?
>>
>>2977224
Middle sounds about right.

It had a pretty decent 50Mbps XAVC-S firmware upgrade for video codec at some point.
So it's pretty good quality even though the resolution is low.
>>
>>2977229
Would be half of what both the body and lens costed, but eh, it's better than nothing
>>
File: Photo 09-11-2016, 12 31 29.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
Photo 09-11-2016, 12 31 29.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
I never did photography before apart from taking pictures with my iPhone. But when I was in Switzerland a few weeks ago my phone couldn't adequately capture the beauty of what I was seeing there.

So I'm thinking of getting a Canon 1300D. But I'm worried I won't know what to photograph in my neighborhood at home. I don't live in a city with tons of cool scenery or stuff happening.

Equipment MakeApple
Camera ModeliPhone 5s
Camera Software10.0.1
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)29 mm
Image OrientationRight-Hand, Top
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:11:09 12:31:29
Exposure Time1/855 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
ISO Speed Rating32
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness9.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeSpot
Focal Length4.15 mm
Image Width3264
Image Height2448
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
>>
>>2977235
>Canon 1300D
If you can get one for ~250 bucks, go ahead.

There are other much higher quality camera models already at 400 USD these days.
>>
>>2977228
24-70mm GM f/2.8? 24-240mm? Something in between?
>>
>>2977235
I think there are interesting photos anywhere. Maybe not always landscapes / cityscapes, but macro or product or random curiosities or animals or weather + flora or something else.

Plus of course snapshots of pets, family, friends, ...

> Switzerland
Glad you liked it here.
>>
>>2977237
Yeah something in the middle i can buy a adaptator if necessary
>>
>>2977246
Sigma 24-105mm f/4 + MC-11 perhaps?
>>
>>2977256
>Sigma 24-105mm f/
Thanks anon
>>
>>2977218
My only experience is with the instax printer, not the cameras, just the printer which, in my opinion is the better buy.

You use your phone and transfer pics to the printer via the app, or, if you have a fuji camera like I do, you can just print direct.

You can't adjust exposure on the cameras (I think the newer, costlier model can however), but you obviously can on a phone or a fuji cam; the pics always come out a little over exposed so being able to adjust on a the smartphone app or through in-camera settings before shooting instant prints is helpful. And you of course get to keep a digital file of the images unlike with basic instax camera.

I believe polaroid have a printer as well, though I think their prints cost more ($1 a print vs $0.60 for instax). Not sure how they compare as I've only ever seen instax where I am.

>How much of a meme
If you're a teenage to mid-twenties gril then they're a hot item present wise, the cameras that is.

Instax is so fucking popular it's fuji's best selling consumer photographic range of items; instax subsidises fuji's x-system cameras it's that popular. So they've got some meme power, somewhere, to a lot of people.

I never travel without the printer paired with my x-t1.
(if you're a backpacker travelling by yourself or with a small group it's a virtual must have for making new friends on the road or facilitating the procurement of that sweet backpacker puss puss).

It's fun to have.
Nothing more than that.
>>
File: SW5.jpg (1MB, 2304x1536px) Image search: [Google]
SW5.jpg
1MB, 2304x1536px
My poor Fuji Finepix S2 pro is finally starting to drive me up the wall with all its age-related quirks so I'm looking into upgrading to another Nikon. I'm in Europland for grad school so my budget is pretty sad...say, $300-400. There's a nice camera shop in my city that sells used equipment; I'm gravitating towards a D3300, although I'd also consider a D90 since they're both obviously a major step up from what I have.

Does anyone has experience with the time-lapse function on the D90? It would be useful to have in the lab although certainly not a deal-breaker.

Although the S2 pro drives me nuts, I had a really great time learning how to shoot with it (pic related-- I have no idea who that dude is in the aviators but to this day I still wish I could experience one tenth of the joy he felt when feeding those dolphins)

Equipment MakeFUJIFILM
Camera ModelFinePixS2Pro
Camera SoftwareDigital Camera FinePixS2Pro Ver1.00
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)102 mm
Maker Note Version0130
Image Created2011:05:04 12:50:07
Exposure Time1/500 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/11.3
Brightness8.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length68.00 mm
Image Width2304
Image Height1536
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
SharpnessNormal
White BalanceAuto
Chroma SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Flash ModeOff
Focus ModeAuto
Slow Synchro ModeOff
Picture ModeAuto
Continuous/Bracketing ModeOff
>>
>>2976245
>A lot more goes into image quality than number of elements.
Not if you ask sony users.
>>2977340
A D300 shouldn't be too far out of budget.
>>
>>2977378
>A D300 shouldn't be too far out of budget.

Good call. I just realized my old Sigma 28-200 lens would be bitch to use without auto focus in the camera body. I should probably steer clear of the D3300 then.
>>
>>2976320
if only they invented some sort of liquid coating you can apply to things to change their color
>>
>>2976541
>paying for software
>>
>>2977388
I once paid for Sandboxie out of gratitude for keeping my computer safe for viruses and stuff.

But then I needed some help because it wouldn't work with a certain Mathcad build my school offered. It was outright refusal to help.
2nd time, Firefox was acting up I asked for help, and they tried every cheap trick in the book to have me dismissed and make me leave.
And then I regret ever giving any money to those sleazebags.

Lesson learned. That reminds me, I should probably leave a 1 star in trustpilot on those assholes and link to those forum threads.
>>
File: 1384152152214.gif (474KB, 188x174px) Image search: [Google]
1384152152214.gif
474KB, 188x174px
>>2976320
>Still only offer black for a6300 and a6500
That's because they know all too well those price segments are beyond the mass market.
The A6000's greatest feature is its pricing, I mean fuck it's $398these days, so the colour options fit into the mass market.

Dat graphite and black colour scheme though. Real shame.
>>
I'm looking for a 24mm fixed prime that's 1.4 or 2.8 for my a6000. I understand with crop factor the lens would be more at 36mm.

What's the best fixed prime to get matching these specs? Ideally would want something e-mount and autofocus but I would also go vintage and manually focus to save money.

Would 24mm on the a6000 be a good focal length to capture full body portraits for street/fashion photography?
>>
Are there any alternatives I should consider before buying a GH3? Can't afford to spend any more, and the focus is film-making.
>>
>>2977397
Zeiss has a 24mm F1,8.
Sigma has a 30mm F1,4.

Not sure about your 2nd question. I use my 50mm on full frame for everything.
>>
File: IMAG2010.jpg (904KB, 2688x1520px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG2010.jpg
904KB, 2688x1520px
Are any of these worth getting to a working state? Found them at nans. I've cleaned up the nikon but a battery exploded in it and I don't know if I can check if it works as I don't have any film to test it with, is there a way to test it? I really want to start taking film.

Equipment MakeHTC
Camera ModelHTC One
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)28 mm
Image Created2016:12:04 19:51:13
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness2.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeOther
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length3.82 mm
Image Width2688
Image Height1520
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2977394
for whatever reason though Sony's mirrorless lenses still aren't very affordable. 3-400 for a focus by wire prime lens isn't what I'd call a bargain
>>
>>2977418
Yeah, it's tapping into a market which for the most part is content with the default starting lens.
>>
friendly reminder that C means cuck in ASP-C, if you use ASP-C cameras, you are a cuck.
>>
>>2977480

>FF stands for fucking faggot
>>
>>2977394

Still, the a6000 launched at the a6300 price, but also with silver.

The earlier models came in red and pink even. They lacked that awesome classic styling everyone goes for today, but they still looked way cooler than they do now.
>>
>>2977522
I got the silver one from a guy on craigslist. Wanted the black but it was sold before I had the cash so I settled on the silver one.
>>
>>2977397
Sigma's 30mm f/1.4 is a pretty good choice.

>>2977418
Why would most sharp primes be bargain bin priced? They generally aren't low end...
>>
ay senpai is M4/3 a shit? Been looking into going mirrorless and the panasonic gx8 looks pretty intredasting, it's either that or an a6300.

Mainly keen on shooting landscape / cars / astro, how is m4/3 in low light / AF?

help.
>>
>>2977570
> how is m4/3 in low light
Bad overall. Smaller sensor areas generally make this more difficult.

Ideally you'd take a current low light FF camera if you actually want to shoot cars or "general things" in low light.

> AF
Varies, but Sony still has the fastest AF for MILC.

However, the currently expensive MFT are quickly getting about as fast / reliable and it's probably pretty soon a solved problem for most hobbyists.
>>
>>2977574
Yeah that was my thinking, looks like I'll have to increase the budget a little bit and get an a6300. Thanks anon
>>
>>2977575
Ya. Not that it'll be perfect.

Suggesting the 12mm f/2 Samyang and 30mm f/1.4 Sigma Contemporary to go along with it. And a tripod. And a portable flash for when it's possible to use it. Maybe a german equatorial mount if you want to do more "srs" astro.

It's a good camera, but it certainly won't be nearly as comfortable in low light like in good light. You need some of those helpers.
>>
File: Nikon_D1.jpg (71KB, 700x492px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon_D1.jpg
71KB, 700x492px
Where can I get a screen cover for a Nikon D1 that's less than $20?

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS D30
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.6
Lens Size28.00 - 80.00 mm
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.01
Serial Number0355861336
Image Created2012:09:13 16:08:56
Exposure Time1/125 sec
F-Numberf/7.1
ISO Speed Rating200
Lens Aperturef/7.1
Exposure Bias-0.7 EV
Subject Distance0.00 m
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length80.00 mm
Image Width700
Image Height492
Exposure ModeProgram
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
SharpnessHigh
SaturationHigh
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeContinuous
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
Sequence Number3
White BalanceCloudy
Exposure Compensation2
Sensor ISO Speed192
Image Number100-0018
>>
>>2977616
Aliexpress & eBay. Should be under $10, probably.

Not saying all options are perfectly form fitting. You use clear glue or adhesive tape with some if they're not adhesive already.
>>
File: Nikon_BM-1.jpg (365KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Nikon_BM-1.jpg
365KB, 1600x1200px
>>2977627
No, I mean this stupid thing.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Nikon-BM-1-Cover-For-LCD-Monitor-Hard-Cover-Protective-D1-D1H-D1X-Genuine-/172366619770?hash=item2821d9e47a:g:7WkAAOSw-CpX9uot

I don't want to have to buy a busted body off KEH just to get the cover.
>>
>>2977340
How about an S5? Keep those great Fuji CCD colors and get that sexy D200 body. As a D300 owner I think you might be unsatisfied with the 300's colors and general look. I absolutely hate mine.
>>
>>2977631
Dunno where you'd get that cheaper.

I'd slap on a foil / glass / whatever screen protector & be done with it.
>>
>>2977340
What's wrong with the S2?
>>
>>2977340

If you like mirrorless, you can get a damn good one (a6000) for $400.
>>
File: 1.jpg (463KB, 1920x800px) Image search: [Google]
1.jpg
463KB, 1920x800px
>Shot on Kodak
It's ALIVE!

Canon BTFO
>>
stupid newfag question.
But is there a decent camera for around $350 that has the form factor that's in between a dslr and point and shoot?
I go hiking and looking for a compact camera that can take decent pictures.
>>
>>2977660

New a6000 for around $400. Has an APS-C sensor, same type as on modt DSLRs. Also has a collapsable lens (16-50mm), which while nothing special optically is an excellent carry around lens thanks to being compact, sharp, and having a useful range.

You could also look at used fuji models, or m43.
>>
>>2977664
I checked it out and looks like it's $550 with the lens, which is a bit too much for me.
$400 I could stretch to.
>>
>>2977660
How do Fuji X10/20/30 look? They're great little cameras in daylight and the lens is flexible, fast, and sharp.
>>
>>2977667
Yeah, you're probably going to have to find something less expensive.

The lens is +150 bucks, but it seems that Adorama has a big surplus of them, so they're trying to sell them with a $50 giftcard to lover the perceived price to 500 bucks.

Too bad they don't include the giftcard with the body-only deals, I would probably have snatched another one if it was just 400 -50.
>>
>>2977667

Get the lens grey market. Around $100 on ebay.

But still, $500 is above your limit.

You wont find anything else nearly half as good for that price new though.

Might be able to find a used NEX-6 relatively cheap. It was the model prior to the a6000.
>>
File: isoa6000a[1].jpg (94KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
isoa6000a[1].jpg
94KB, 1200x1200px
>>2977664
>>2977675
I saw the Adorama deal just now. It's no longer available right away unless you want to wait for the backorder.
But goddamn. I'm just sitting over the other side of the pond in Europe with envy, we don't get deals like that over here. On the contrary we get extra high prices and 0 extra stuff ;_;
>>
>>2977702
Sorry anon I'm not familiar with shops in Europe or holiday deals in Europe.
>>
>>2977631
What purpose does that even serve?

It seems a bit too much just for scratch protection.
>>
>>2977708
Impact and scratch protection I guess.

When I compare it to my 1D and 350D, it's like they didn't put a piece of plastic over the LCD.

Almost everything about the D1 seems fragile compared to the 1D

I don't know how they could even call this a "pro" camera.
>>
So is anyone gracious enough to give an old but still good DSLR out to a budding photographer in school? Kinda cant afford a DSLR and would pay them handsomely once i start making enough money.
>>
>>2977741
Get a job faggot
>>
>>2977744

Lmao I have one...But I also have rent and school fees, and car payment, and bills. Kind of hard working and going to school there hoss....What a reply though.
>>
>>2977747
>expecting free stuff
You are either a nigger or a gypsy. Buy a used Rebel if you want a cheap camera, but I assume you already know that and just want free stuff
Fuck off and bugger /b/ about it.
>>
Buy an Olympus E-Pl1 second hand. They go for about £70 with a lens. Considering the lens costs almost as much, the camera is practically free.
>>
>>2977748

Nope not either of those...Man you are one racist fuck aren't ya! AND fyi you can suck the biggest of cocks sir
>>
>>2977750

Good lookin out mate! Will look into that cause thats something I could afford. Will keep ya posted!
>>
>>2977741
>>2977747
Ask a bank, your family/friends. Or - if they support people finding jobs / starting businesses on a small scale - your nation's social services and/or NGO.

You're not going to get free shit without the usual contracts (or in the case of family/friends, that "social contract").
>>
File: 19795509678_ce0a62c08d_b.jpg (159KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
19795509678_ce0a62c08d_b.jpg
159KB, 650x650px
Goto second hand stores. Old DSLRs are worth nothing. You can definitely pick up and 10 year old Nikon or Canon for ~$100.

>inb4 idiots claim they are too outdated
>>
>>2977660
Look at the Sony rx100 series.
>>
Hey, poorfag here, I need you guys to point me on the right direction, what's the best bang for my buck body camera so I can dump money on good-ass lenses?
>>
>>2977851
What type of stuff are you shooting?
>>
>>2977851
Depends on how poorfag exactly, and what you shoot.

K-50, D3300, A6000 are some recommended cheaper camera choices.
>>
>>2977531
>Sigma's 30mm f/1.4 is a pretty good choice.
but it's not on the e-mount isn't it? you'd have to buy an a-mount adapter
>>
>>2977857
The ~$330 "Contemporary" is native for APS-C E-mount and MFT.

The ~$500 "Art" lens would be something that you'd have to adapt of course.
>>
>>2977855
Things I think are worth a picture I guess. Street photography landscapes and maybe portraits?
>>
>>2977856
Yeah I've been looking into those but the a6000 here in spain is so expensive compared to the other 2 yyou mentioned, like a difference of almost 200€
>>
>>2976630
firin the hole
>>
>>2976687
making lenses "larger" makes it easier to get rid of soft corners and vignetting on a smaller sensor.
>>
>>2977862
Could still be worth it. Hard to tell. Cheap body either way.

But if you're getting close to your budget with it, I guess pick one of the others...
>>
File: S2pro small.jpg (2MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
S2pro small.jpg
2MB, 3988x3988px
>>2977639
>What's wrong with the S2?
Nothing major from what I can tell as an amateur. My gripes are mainly that recently it has decided to play this game where when the CR123 batteries in the grip run low the images won't write to the card, so I get home and find the last few dozen shots are lost. It requires 2 of those in addition to 4 AAs, so I'm constantly buying batteries for it. Also, it uses compact flash (with a max of 1 gb recognized) which is a bitch to find anymore. Aside from the fill flash being wicked harsh I really like it.
>>
File: C813 colors small.jpg (2MB, 3988x3988px) Image search: [Google]
C813 colors small.jpg
2MB, 3988x3988px
>>2977636
>dem colors
I don't know if it's my lens or just the shitty way I take photos but honestly, sometimes I feel like my Kodak C813 has better color saturation than my S2. My S2 has a telephoto lens with macro so it's more versatile, but the photos tend to be...softer?
>>
File: close_up_diffraction_fail.jpg (298KB, 1000x667px) Image search: [Google]
close_up_diffraction_fail.jpg
298KB, 1000x667px
>>2977877
Likely the lens, sure.

Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-6000
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 5.7 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)135 mm
Horizontal Resolution600 dpi
Vertical Resolution600 dpi
Image Created2016:09:08 16:25:42
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/11.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/11.0
Brightness8.3 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
Focal Length90.00 mm
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2977875
I never knew it was so shitty.

It makes it sound like the D1 is a well integrated system.

The S2 doesn't give an indication when the body power gets low or stops you from shooting?

Don't the CR123s actuate the mirror?

Why do you say CF is hard to find?
>>
File: 1350713259283.gif (2MB, 419x372px) Image search: [Google]
1350713259283.gif
2MB, 419x372px
>>2977863
Those large chunks of aspherical elements at the bottom are so ridiculously huge and fat compared to any of the Loxia glass elements.

I can't help but suspect it's 0 compromise, image quality at highest priority regardless of how eighty it's going to get.
>>
>eighty
*weighty
>>
>>2977887
> I can't help but suspect it's 0 compromise, image quality at highest priority regardless of how eighty it's going to get.
I sure hope so. You can get enough weak glass on the market.

We need more that resolves more like sensors can and will in the near future.

[Okay, I wouldn't easily want 3kg+ lenses, but we're presumably far from that with this glass, either way.]
>>
>>2977883
There's no indication in the viewfinder of the CR123s dying. However, it will flash "Err" on the top LCD screen right after you hit the shutter. It very well be an error worse than just the dead battery, but it goes away when I put fresh CRs in. The camera is 14 years old, plus I got it secondhand so I really can't complain.

All the stores around here only have CF in 4 gb or above, which doesn't really help me much. I tried picking one up online but the camera didn't like it. Now I'm down to one CF card and it only works if it's in the camera. To offload the pics I just plug the body directly into my computer.
>>
Quick question, nikon d3400 or d5200 if they are the same price?
>>
>>2978035
Used D7000 or D7100
Or Pentax K-S2 or K-70
>>
>>2977890
We've already reached the point of diminishing returns when it comes to the resolution of 35mm.

Low price medium format will supersede the 5Ds and other high resolution FF DSLRs.
>>
>>2977892
What do the CR123s control?

How much did you pay for yours?

Why can't you use the 4GB+ cards and format them as 1GB?
>>
>>2978074
>What do the CR123s control?
The flash for sure...but the manual for it is on my desk at work. I'll look it up tomorrow.

>How much did you pay for yours?
The batteries or the camera? $300 on craigslist in 2011 or 6€ two weeks ago lol

>Why can't you use the 4GB+ cards and format them as 1GB?
I haven't considered that. Thanks for the tip anon.
>>
>>2977658
Ye baby, keep that shit alive.
>>2977892
>All the stores around here only have CF in 4 gb or above
>has the internet
>posting on /p/
>still buying his memory cards in stores
My buddy was shooting on a 400D until he finally offloaded it at the end of last year. Even he was able to buy CF cards online, much cheaper than you'd ever find in a store.
I still shoot with a Cybershot P71 and shooting with memory stick pro cards I'd buy from ebay for pennies.
>>2978070
I rue this day, it's coming soon. All those cheap 6x4.5 and 6x6 lenses are going to disappear soon. Fucking fuji releasing a focal plane shutter mirrorless camera.
>>
>>2978110
>Fucking fuji releasing a focal plane shutter mirrorless camera.
Don't worry, Pentax did it with the digital 645 line and it is able to use and sync the leaf shutter lenses.
>>
File: Firin.jpg (146KB, 700x393px) Image search: [Google]
Firin.jpg
146KB, 700x393px
Twice the aperture of the Loxia, half the price of the Loxia.

They even upgraded some features, such as de-click switch on the barrel so we no longer need to detach the lens and use a tool just to de-click.
>>
>>2978097
Man, that's a lot even for 2011.

I wouldn't even pay more than $25 for one now.

How popular is Craigslist in Euroland?

Depending on how dumb the camera is, you might have to use your computer to format the cards.
>>
Is the refurbished D610 for 1099 worth it
>>
>>2978110
>I rue this day

Why?

If you like shooting MF, than you should already have a good set of lenses.

I think I read that Fuji will release leaf shutter lenses, though.

It's funny how hyped /p/ was about the GFX 50 until it looked like the price would be well North of $7000 for just the body.

I'd love to get a digital MF camera myself, just not 645 or a crop of it. I wish someone would have kept making square sensors bigger than 36x36. I guess they'll start again after they can mass produce true 645.
>>
>>2977890
>>2977887
Considering that it's $800 for a Tokina lens, it better be.
https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1281299-REG/tokina_firin_20mm_f_2_fe.html
>>
>>2978137
800 honestly doesn't seem bad at all when you compare to Zeiss pricing or Leica pricing.

Their 24-70 F2.8 was a really good lens on par with the Tamron one, and it was priced at 1000 bucks.
>>
>>2978137
What's wrong with Tokina?
>>
>>2978141
I haven't seen anything wrong with them. they just don't have the same meme level as Smegma brand.
>>
>>2978142
So what you're saying is that you're willing to pay more for a shitty Sigma lens than a shitty Tokina?
>>
>>2978143
>shitty
Citation needed.

As far as I know, Sigma isn't even in the race yet. They only announced interest in E-mount recently so it won't be until 1,5-2 years until they actually have a competing lens in the market.
>>
>>2978144
I never said it was shitty.

You seemed appalled at the price for a Tokina lens.

You think that Tokinas, more than other brands, should be cheap
>>
>>2978146
I'm not even that other guy.
>>
Hello /p/ I'm looking to get my first camera and I'm stuck between the Sony a6000 and the Nikon D3400.
Currently where I'm living the D3400 is a good $300-$400 cheaper than the a6000 and comes with a wide range of attachments for free. From what I hear the a6000 is the better camera overall however, is this price as well as the extra stuff free enough to negate this setback? I'll be mainly using the camera for landscape photography if that helps, thanks /p/.
>>
File: IMG_8846.jpg (4MB, 4752x3168px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8846.jpg
4MB, 4752x3168px
When you guys send your stuff in for repair, what makes you happy or angry about the repair/experience?

I always give free caps if something comes in without one and I have an extra. I also spend more time than most cleaning rubber grips

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS REBEL T1i
Firmware VersionFirmware Version 1.1.1
Serial Number0420100499
Lens NameEF50mm f/1.8 II
Image Created2009:12:30 18:49:22
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width4752
Image Height3168
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Exposure ModeProgram
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed180
Color Matrix129
>>
>>2978154
>I'll be mainly using the camera for landscape photography if that helps, thanks /p/.
Either camera will do.

The areas where the A6000 is better is in Video recording (XAVC firmware update), 11 FPS burst shooting, and AF tracking.
But none of them is really relevant for landscape shots.
>>
File: 15mm.jpg (32KB, 400x395px) Image search: [Google]
15mm.jpg
32KB, 400x395px
More lens makers need to mark their lens where the Entrance Pupil are.
It's useful information for panorama imaging. And it's completely inexpensive to implement.

Between this and the new Hydro-phobia front element coating: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LvcajWh4nwQ
Laowa is starting to look more and more innovative despite that stupid stereotype about the Chinese being incapable of innovating.
>>
>>2978156
What brand of camera is the easiest to repair?
>>
>>2978182
it varies a lot by specific model and vintage, but on average in my experience: Canon, Sony, and Panasonic are generally the easiest. Pentax and Nikon generally have a lot more wires and a lot more use of solder instead of connectors. Olympus is pretty easy too.
>>
>>2978156
Getting my camera fixed quickly

http://www.dslrbodies.com/newsviews/whoop-there-it-is.html
>>
>>2978154
A6000 is overall a bit better and it can use the Samyang 12mm f/2, which is a great little APS-C MILC landscape lens.

Plus the D3300 and D3400 fucked you for AE bracketing if you want to do HDR in post - not uncommon for landscape
>>
>>2978186
> eg >15% of those having a camera serviced by NikonUSA required a second trip to the service facility to get their product fixed correctly

wow thats fucking terrible
>>
File: 1459829948000_1243845.jpg (49KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1459829948000_1243845.jpg
49KB, 500x500px
Is this a good deal family?

Looking to buy a good camera, interested in developing photography as my hobby.

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1302079-REG/panasonic_dmc_gx85kk_lk_dmc_gx85_digital_camera_black.html
>>
>>2978185
What kind of glue do you use to put the grips back on?
>>
>>2978190
It's pretty strong at video for its price.

If you primarily want to do photo, I'd go with the A6000 or A6300 instead.
>>
>>2978190
Do you value size and portability over gearfagging, "bang for buck", high resolution, fine detail, and gathering every single last stop of light available? If so, M43 is for you, but /p/ is not.

GX85's on the top of my list for a B-cam. Dual IS, dat pancake kit lens, full set of controls, customizable controls, button in the right place to use as AF-On, it's perfect. Try it in person; a small percentage of people report seeing the rainbow effect of sequential field EVFs when panning.

>Try it in person
Actually, do this for any camera you want to buy. Ignore gearfags.
>>
>>2978194
>>2978195
Thank you, anons.

I'll try the GX85 in person, and i'll check out the A6000 and A6300.
>>
>>2978193
double sided tape. you can generally re-use the tape thats already on it, but its usually yellowed begging to be replaced with fresh tape. but if you needed to pull a grip off it most likely would stick right back on
>>
>>2978195
>gathering every single last stop of light available
>M43

i like m43... i just like aps-c better
>>
>>2978203
Oh, what brand of shutters would you say fail the most before their expected life; which ones last the longest?
>>
>>2978188
Not the ooriginal Anon, but good point. That Rokinon/Samyang lens is pretty much a god lens for landscapes.

Not only is it better than its DSLR counterpart, it's also even better than the pricey Zeiss Tuoit lens as well.
>>
File: ap02.jpg (954KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
ap02.jpg
954KB, 2048x1365px
>>2978211
havent noticed much difference. its almost always metal fatigue of a spring, switch, sensor, etc. for example this 30d shutter has a metal contact to detect when the 1st curtain reaches bottom. metal fatigue causes it to simply snap, and you get a shutter error when the camera never detects the first shutter reaching the bottom

Equipment MakeCanon
Lens Size17.00 - 85.00 mm
Serial Number0420100499
Lens NameEF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Image Created2015:04:12 10:27:56
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length85.00 mm
Image Width2048
Image Height1365
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Exposure ModeTv-Priority
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed288
Color Matrix129
>>
File: ap02mf.jpg (963KB, 2048x1365px) Image search: [Google]
ap02mf.jpg
963KB, 2048x1365px
>>2978211
>>2978226
oops wanted the pic with the arrow pointing out the metal that fails

Equipment MakeCanon
Lens Size17.00 - 85.00 mm
Serial Number0420100499
Lens NameEF-S17-85mm f/4-5.6 IS USM
Image Created2016:12:05 21:43:12
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/5.6
Lens Aperturef/5.7
Exposure Bias0 EV
Focal Length85.00 mm
Image Width2048
Image Height1365
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Exposure ModeTv-Priority
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeOff
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed288
Color Matrix129
>>
>>2978226
Neat, so the blades aren't normally what fail?

How long ago did you repair that 30D and how much did you charge for it?
>>
File: rfk 1370559672378.gif (558KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
rfk 1370559672378.gif
558KB, 640x360px
>be on /s/
>gawking at pictures of naked girls
>examine bokeh
>be bothered by pentagonal highlights

why did you do this to me, /gear/
>>
>>2978210
pls into reading carefully
>>2978211
I thought Copal made them all anyways?

>>2978226
What are "DO NOT TOUCH EVER" parts on a camera? Are shutter blades as fragile as they say? Do Canons use GMR units for focus position detection like Nikon?
>>
>>2978241
>Are shutter blades as fragile as they say?
Not him but,
I've lightly touched the shutter of my Konica T4 and it still seems to work fine.
>>
File: guess6.jpg (798KB, 768x1152px) Image search: [Google]
guess6.jpg
798KB, 768x1152px
>>2978232
yea the blades almost never fail. and if they do, its usually because some random screw or something came loose and found its way to the shutter blades. so if you look at the shutter and see the blades messed up, you most likely have some loose object youll really want to address as well. a loose screw could cause short circuits.

i did that 30d a few years ago, can not remember what was charged. most cameras need the image sensor removed to replace the shutter. image sensors are set at a very exact flangeback distance. older cameras like the 30d used washers to set the flange back distance. so when replacing a shutter, you simply make sure all the washers go back in the same spots and your flangeback will stay the same. newer cameras however use metal or rubber springs, and so require resetting the flangeback everytime the sensor is removed, which takes a little more time.

a 30d shutter can be replaced in maybe 45 minutes. cameras that need the flangeback reset take about an extra 10 or 15 minutes. now changing mirror boxes is where the funs at, pic related (another 30d)

Equipment MakeCanon
Serial Number0420100499
Image Created2016:10:24 18:31:39
Exposure Time1/320 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
ISO Speed Rating12800
Lens Aperturef/9.9
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Focal Length38.00 mm
Image Width768
Image Height1152
>>
>>2978239
Post the reference material so that I may examine the bokeh as well.
>>
File: 1479686794028.jpg (97KB, 2313x1223px) Image search: [Google]
1479686794028.jpg
97KB, 2313x1223px
>>2978244
literally the first thing I noticed
>>
>>2978134
I wasn't really hyped at all for it, Digital MF is pricey because manufacturing costs are still higher at the moment. I wouldn't mind buying one, but the returns on it for me would be pretty low. B-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-b-but hey I can use all my memeya, hassy, pentax and bronica lenses on it right?

However I'm not in love with the idea of the value of lenses shooting up just because they can now be used on a body with an adapter. I don't currently own a Bronica 135/3.5, 200mm//4 or a 500mm/8 but I'd like the option to be there one day without some blog post or youtube video marketing it as a "cheap manual focus lens" for use on the GFX etc series.
I also don't own an RB/RZ67 and wouldn't mind picking up one and some lenses down the road maybe without an added "hipster tax". I look back at the way that even FD lenses started to rise in cost over the years and I dread this day.
>>2978117
What's the Pentax's flange distance? I've never really been tempted to pick one up as I have no hope of demoing one here unless I know someone with one. I was under the impression it wasn't as modular as traditional MF SLR's.
>>
>>2978243
How do you feel about plastic shell+bodies, plastic exterior/metal chassis, metal exterior/plastic chassis, and metal exterior+chassis from a repair technician's viewpoint?

Plastic varying from the polycarb bodies are typically covered with, to the CFRP injection molded chassis the Nikons have. Are 7D2/5D4 still all metal or are they too plastic chassis?
>>
File: IMG_8847cmos.jpg (1MB, 2250x1500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_8847cmos.jpg
1MB, 2250x1500px
>>2978241
>What are "DO NOT TOUCH EVER" parts on a camera?
are you asking in regards to performing repairs yourself? first thing is discharge the flash capacitor unless you wanna know what 300 volts feels like. until you discharge it, try to only touch the camera one handed; that way if you do get zapped it wont travel through your chest. probably wont kill you but just not a pleasant experience.

other than that, if your image sensor flangeback distance is set with springs, if you remove the image sensor, without the right equipment, you most likely will not get it back to the same position, resulting in a focus shift (this affects DSLRs more than ILCs) as well as tilt. you can count screw turns, but this isnt guaranteed to be right every time. or you can just repeatedly adjust, reassemble camera, check front/back focus, dissasemble, repeat. youd also want to check tilt of the corners, not just front/back focus of the center.

basically id say for most people just dont remove the image sensor. unless its held in position with washers like pic related, common on older cameras. just put the washers back where they were originally. note theres a 3rd spot on top not pictured as well

shutters are not fragile. i finger the fuck out of old ones all the time.

Equipment MakeCanon
Serial Number0420100499
Lens NameEF50mm f/1.8 II
Image Created2016:12:05 22:30:13
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Lens Aperturef/4.6
Exposure Bias0 EV
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length50.00 mm
Image Width2250
Image Height1500
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
Exposure ModeProgram
Focus TypeAuto
Metering ModeEvaluative
ISO Speed RatingAuto
SharpnessUnknown
SaturationNormal
ContrastNormal
Shooting ModeManual
Image SizeLarge
Focus ModeOne-Shot
Drive ModeSingle
Flash ModeExternal Flash
Compression SettingFine
Macro ModeNormal
White BalanceAuto
Exposure Compensation3
Sensor ISO Speed224
Color Matrix129
>>
>>2978248
You must hate porn then.

I can't fucking stand it when they primp up the girl but, they don't do anything about a god damn boil on her ass.
>>
>>2978253
What's the "right equipment" you need to mess with sensor springs?
>>
>>2978253
>>2978241
btw, the 300V of the capacitor often gets routed to some not so obvious parts of the camera. so you could touch the main-board on the opposite side of the camera as the capacitor and still get hit.

the recommended way to discharge the capacitor is with a dedicated discharging tool.
>>
>>2978243
When in the Canon timeline did they move to springs? 1D MkIII?
>>
>>2978250
By the time either one of us gets our hands on a FF MF camera, they'll probably be so good that you won't want to use film. That and all the MF film stock will be depleted or discontinued.
>>
>>2978259
at a minimum, a depth gauge micrometer and a decent jig for reliably measuring your flangeback distance
>>
>>2978264
Y-you know that they're almost a 6x4.5 right?
O-only a few more years until 6x9. Crop babbies can git fucked.
>>
>>2978262
50D used springs, 40D did not
5D mk2 used springs, mk1 did not
T1i or XSi was first rebel to use springs
Not too sure about the 1D but I think the mk4 was first to use springs
>>
>>2978251
pretty random. ive seen some really good all plastic cameras and some really shitty magnesium shelled cameras.
>>
>>2978265
Why did they start to use springs?
>>
>>2978275
thinnest washer to adjust is 0.030mm. tolerance of flangeback distance is +/-0.020mm. With washers you usually end up with for example, typical measurements of one corner +0.010mm, other corner -0.015mm, etc.

with springs its pretty trivial to get to about +/- 0.002mm each corner and actually pretty easy to get +/- 0.0005mm (note the extra decimal place)
>>
>>2978289
http://dc.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/1033536.html

kinda want.
>6435yen
>>
>>2978292

Oh man, I want one for my FE 35mm f2.8
>>
Going to pick up a new memory card since I use an old 30 MB/s model and they're cheap, is there any need to go higher than 90 MB/s?
>>
>>2978316
Extension tubes are what you should live your life for, if you agree with this message then you should buy a new card.

If you're reading this message, you got this post as your reply as you never stated your hardware or whether it was read or write speed. You have been visited by the Angry Photographer of higher education and simple reasoning.
>>
>>2978319
Sony A6000, and I don't know if it's read or write, it's just what it says on them. Most likely write
>>
>>2978321
You don't need more than ~35MB/s read write from the cameras end. Of course if you maybe want to load a day of photos on your computer faster, more may still be better but most will be fine with 35MB/s even for that.
>>
File: 1300432343416.jpg (36KB, 198x228px) Image search: [Google]
1300432343416.jpg
36KB, 198x228px
I noticed a funny trend lately. Everybody and their jesus is using the A6000 to Vlog with on youtube for some reason.

Even though the A5100 is cheaper, and actually has a selfie screen, and the exact same sensor with same AF tracking.

Camera SoftwarePaint.NET v3.36
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
>>
I really don't like how all the detail of my landscapes gets blurred. Grasses and leaves look like a single mush. Do i need a bigger sensor?
M4/3 fag here
>>
>>2978567
In what ISO, aperture and shutter speed settings do you do your landscapes?
You should do them at base ISO, aperture near the diffraction point and longer shutter speeds, especially if you have moving clouds.
In these settings you will have wind induced blur in the foliage too so lowering shutter speed will increase your ISO and so on...
There is a sweet spot for every situation.
Also in-camera processing can smear details because of noise reduction, you should shoot RAW and edit yourself. Please post an example too.
>>
>>2978567
>Do i need a bigger sensor?

Yes.
>>
File: PB250029-2.jpg (5MB, 2550x1465px) Image search: [Google]
PB250029-2.jpg
5MB, 2550x1465px
>>2978581
Here's a crop of what I'm talking about. This was shot in windless conditions, handheld, with a Nikkor 20mm AF. F-stop of f/8 and ISO of 100. Shutter speed was fairly fast, at least 1/500 of a second. I did shoot raw and edited it myself, but the details still come out smudged as shown in pic related. It's most noticeable among the grasses and leaves.

Is this a gear problem?

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015.5 (Windows)
Image Width3864
Image Height2220
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:11:28 20:45:35
Image Width2550
Image Height1465
>>
>>2978635
Looks more like a chromatic aberration and distortion issue and some atmospheric shimmering present but might be some bokeh and CA induced dizzy effect.
I say try another lens and see the difference. On MFT you might want to get a decent first party prime first instead of adapting old lenses. You will only get the imperfections magnified by the sensor.
>>
>>2978637
I've corrected for chromatic aberrations and I've selected the appropriate lens profile when importing the raw. I'll try it with another lens. If that doesn't fix the problem, will getting a Nikon D610 / Sony A7II solve my problem?
>>
>>2978645
Correcting in post doesn't mean you get the information back that was lost in the first place due to the aberrations. Just look at the small trees in the background, can you still see the weird outlines? That is CA and the same thing is there in the grass overlapping making the details all mushy and blurred.
This is clearly a lens issue, the sensor just plain outresolves it with it's many tiny pixels on a small area. Don't forget the lens was designed with 35mm full frame film medium in mind, even modern FF digital outresolves it.
>>
>>2978645
>>2978649
Also I think getting a nice lens is much more cheaper than buying a new body in a new system.
>>
>>2978649
>>2978651
I see. Thank you for the advice. So aside from getting a new body, and aside from getting an appropriate lens designed for M4/3--what can I do with the current Nikon AF lenses I have? Is there anyway I can continue using them despite this horrid CA?

Also, could you elaborate a little more on what you mean by "outresolve"? Sorry for my autism. Thanks so much
>>
>>2978321
You could get a potato of a card and the camera would still be the bottleneck on the Sonys. Top fucking kek.
>>
>>2978657
Of course you can use it, but mainly for non-detail heavy subjects or processing, b&w conversion can help. But you wouldn't use it when you get the better lens since you can mush up the details if you want to.
>>
>>2978679
b&w conversion???

where??

how!?!?
>>
>>2978716
ever tried Lightroom? Or Photoshop? Or Silver Efex Pro from Google NIK?
>>
M4/3 boys. Panasonic 20mm 1.7 for pocketability at $267 or the 25mm 1.7at $150?
>>
>>2978738
The one that has a better image to your liking. Check Flickr.
>>
>>2978635
This lens isn't too great and you *could* get something sharper on MFT. But generally speaking a bigger sensor and a nice lens for it will do a lot better.
>>
>>2976468
I've heard great things about the 20mm. Only downside seems to be slow AF. The Panasonic 25mm 1.7f is on sale for 150 now, look at that too. It's no pancake but still a good lens.
>>
>>2976245
What did I do /p/?
I wanted a camera. I came on here. Got good advice.
And bought a damn D3300 with a crappy lens for 300 bucks.
Why didn't I save my money on a better camera and lens?
Now for the hard part. How much can I part with this camera in order to get something better? And what should I really get? The user interface on this is terrible.
>>
>>2978797
The D3300 is a good camera, try and get a 35/1.8G lens for it.
>>
Going to Iceland in 10 days and need to pick up a digital camera.

Being offered a D800E for $1200 or a D800 for $1080. I will be using this after the trip for fashion shoots which is why I'm shying away slightly from the D800E because of the absence of the AA filter.

What do?
>>
>>2978797
D3300 is the best you are going to do honestly. Especially if the biggest complaint you have is the "User Interface". D3300 is an excellent camera, especially for the price.

You could always drop twice the amount of money on a mirrorless, but then you are looking at a Sony a6000 which has a WORSE user interface, but similar image quality. Or you could drop $800+ on a Fuji mirrorless like the XT1 where you will lose 8 MP but still take great pictures.
>>
>>2978806
he could have gotten a K-50
>>
>>2978806

>XT1

If you like shit autofocus, that is a great recomendation.

The XT2 is well worth the difference in price.
>>
>>2978679
Thank you, I appreciate it.
>>
>>2978804
Where are you getting such a fantastic offer? It sounds like you're mind's already made up. The D800 is cheaper and it looks like you have concerns about the D800E
>>
for wild life (a.k.a. birds and foxes), and you have a full frame, would you rather a 300mm2.8 manual or a 300mm4 AF?
>>
>>2978817
I'd take the F4, it's not going to be fun hiking out into the backcountry dragging around the 2.8.
>>
>>2978809
>Pentax
LOL

>>2978811
I know Fuji catches a lot of shit for their AF but suggesting their new model is a meme. You will not notice a difference in AF between the XT1 to XT2. I've shot both, prove me wrong
>>
>>2978817
>thinking you can nail critical focus manually on a dslr at 300/2.8
The af every time. Or try hunting for a first gen 300/2.8 AF
>>2978811
Better reccomend a XT10 if anything. Same hardware and software package, little difference in controls and addition of weather sealing.
>>
>>2978822

that's a nice point, anon.. Maybe with a tc1.4 converter would get a f5.6 that could easily fit my needs.. travel light

noted, going toward this tho. thanks
>>
>>2978817
Flying birds without AF? Uh, better not.

Also we're talking about a DSLR without focus peaking added, right? Then even more so.
>>
>>2978827
>>2978829

have you ever read about hyperfocal distance?

we're talking about a D3s or D4.
>>
>>2978816
fredmiranda. The only place I buy digital cameras.
>>
>>2978840
> have you ever read about hyperfocal distance?
You want landscapes with some tiny (well - poor resolution), fairly blurred bird somewhere in the frame?

Or how is this question related to this choice?

> we're talking about a D3s or D4
Couldn't guess why you'd get one of these if you DIDN'T want to use the autofocus.
>>
>>2978849

Ok, you're an elitist. so, later dude.

it's an assignment and I have access to both cameras, just need to see which one will be free to use in the day :)
>>
>>2978824
>Fuji
LOL
>>
I'm thinking of getting a Tamron 90mm f/2.8 Di VC USD Macro F017 Lens. Anyone have one? I'd like a lens for traveling. This one seems kind of bulky tho but I want that 1:1 and full frame. Have I overlooked any smaller gems? Using an 80d.
>>
>>2978809
He could have had a v8.
>>
>>2978809
Is the k50 weather sealed? I was under the assumption that was the k-s2 and k-70.

Either way I'm also not a fan of non AF motor in the camera. So lenses cost significantly more.
>>
>>2978858
>Is the k50 weather sealed?
Yes, it is. Some of the lenses aren't though.
>>
>>2978853
> Ok, you're an elitist. so, later dude.
Your proletarian understanding of words is commendable, comrade!

> later dude
It is good of you to return to your assigned post quickly. Come back any time you want to combat more Intelligenzija elitist propaganda like that AF or focusing on wildlife is good for something.
>>
>>2978718
fake and gay
>>
>>2978840
So what you're really telling me is that you want to shoot at f2.8 at infinity, or you want to shoot f11 on a f2.8 lens all day every day
>>
Looking at getting an 85mm for portrait purposes.

Torn between the Rokinon 85mm f/1.4 or the Canon 85mm f/1.8 USM.

Leaning toward the Canon because of autofocus, since nailing focus even on still subjects at f/1.4 will be a bitch.

Anyone have any experiences with these two lenses?
>>
>>2978868

they cringe saying that I'm not capable of nail the focus with a manual focus lens, hyperfocal could get the shit in focus (:

But okay, another anon already made something clear, and weight wins for the travel that will be a hike. So carry a 2.8D would be putting so much effort and I don't know how many time will spend in the middle of nothing.
>>
>>2978868
On a 300mm? At f/11 you are shooting your subject beyond 260m-ish away.
>>
What is every manufacturer's fascination with ball heads on tripods? I hate them so much.
>>
>>2978879
That type has more features than your average head from 10 dollar "tripods". So they are more easy to advertise.
They're bad for video, but good for Stills in my opinion.

And mass production on large scale makes everything cheaper. So the retailers and the manufacturers went ahead and made those ballheads the standard.
And here we are today.
>>
New thread:

>>2978883

>>2978883

>>2978883
>>
>>2978879
Gimbal heads are bulky and not quite as easy to suit a wide range of cameras.

Ball heads are the second most useful type for photography and more compact, so its obviously them.
>>
>>2978887 (cont'd)
By the way If you buy a decent video tripod, you most likely get offered a fluid pan-tilt instead. Because it usually suits video users better.

Even the almost comically crappy and useless $10-15 chinese video tripods will usually have a pan-tilt head. 'cause video.
>>
>>2978567
do a pixel shift
>>
Should I buy an refurbished GH4 for 750 jewros? Looking for a second camera for interviews and such, and 4K is a must.
>>
What DSLR should I buy around boxing day?
Planning on spending around $400 Canadian
>>
>>2979029
Something on the cheap end.
See if you can find a D3300 kit or a K-50 kit. Maybe a K-S2 kit.
Buy used if possible.
>>
Looking for a compact for about £500.
Sony DCRX100 model3
Ricoh GR

Any other options? It's for low light shit so high ISO is vital.
>>
>>2979065
Then APS-C and fast lens is essential. Get the GR (II if possible)
>>
>>2979065
Low light is a pain in the arse on a small sensor.

Maybe find some lights if you can't do FF.
>>
>>2979073
>>2979081
Thanks.
Lights aren't an option. I shouldn't even have a camera on my but I can get away with a compact.

Are those two my best options? There was a military guy on here posting Fuji pics a while back. I can only afford the one down from his (x70, I think he had the x100) but those pics were sweet as fuck.

Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D4
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Windows
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Color Filter Array Pattern914
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)35 mm
Image Width4928
Image Height3280
Pixel CompositionRGB
Horizontal Resolution200 dpi
Vertical Resolution200 dpi
Image Created2013:12:07 00:03:34
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length35.00 mm
Image Width1063
Image Height780
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
>>2979086
He had an X-T1 and some deleciously awesome ~50mm lens tat cost more than the body itself.
>>
>>2979116
New thread
>>
>>2979086
Well, you could get a RX1R II or high-end Fuji or such and get fairly adequate low light performance.

But you spend as much or more as you would for a (also okay but not perfect) FF camera. Way outside your budget.

Not that you'll see *nothing ever* on a RX100 III or so, but it will be a pain in the arse in low light.
>>
>>2979157
Thanks for your help. I'm way too poor for the RX1R but it's not just that, I'm fully expecting this camera to get smashed.
>>
>>2979086
>>2979122
x-m1 is cheap and has identical image sensor as x-t1
>>
>>2979029
I got a D3300 with a 55mm for 300US. I think that's around 400 loonies.
>>
File: fdd.jpg (212KB, 800x1080px) Image search: [Google]
fdd.jpg
212KB, 800x1080px
can somebody recommend a camera for etsy product photography?

budget, the cheaper the better

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image Created2016:12:08 11:45:52
Image Width800
Image Height1080
>>
File: snow day.jpg (391KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
snow day.jpg
391KB, 1280x960px
Looking for a 28mm or wider OVF for my ricoh GR, any suggestions folks?
The voigtlander tempts me but it's pricey and hard to find
>>
>>2979765
any recent smartphone and almost every decent camera -however cheap- can do the trick. All you need is good light and a proper setup. Plenty of tutorials for that on the web!
Thread posts: 316
Thread images: 41

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.