[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Got a D3400 for Black Friday with a Lens Kit. New to photography,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: 0-Hero.jpg (53KB, 470x520px) Image search: [Google]
0-Hero.jpg
53KB, 470x520px
Got a D3400 for Black Friday with a Lens Kit.

New to photography, but how do I set it up or are there any guides/tutorials out there?
>>
>>2972375
If the manual is too complicated, just search on youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ye7ZOnheggk
>>
>>2972375
Put it into A to control the depth of field, S to control the motion (crisp or blurred), Shoot RAW and process in Lightroom
Learn "exposure triangle" and watch beginners tutorials on photography and Lightroom on Youtube
Get the Adobe CC for photographers monthly subscription, it is essentially goes for pennies.
Read Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson
Here are a few links collection on beginner tutorials:
http://petapixel.com/2014/07/03/best-free-online-photography-courses-tutorials/
Expect to have a lot of failures but don't give up, shoot, then shoot more. It takes a lot of experience to deliver the shots you want.
And have fun.
>>
>>2972391
>>2972392
Thank you both for these.
Will put it to good use.
>>
>>2972399
Also leave this place. It is toxic environment and will not help you along in photography in any way!
Consider this warning as the most helpful advice!
>>
>>2972409
Actually FGT helped me with figuring out why my film scans were coming through so shitty
>>
>>2972411
That is /film/. The title literally keeps all the brandfaggots and sony shills away.
>>
Sry to hijack but what's the battery on the D3300 like for recording video?
>>
>>2972375
Set on A mode with auto ISO turned on.

Change picture mode to vivid.

Increase saturation to the maximum.

Shift color balance to +2 on red.
>>
>>2972375
http://www.kenrockwell.com/
>>
Thanks for all the good tips.

Looking at some of the videos and sites you guys suggested atm.
>>
OP here.
Just found out the D3400 doesn't have the "Clean Lens" option available in the older models.

Should I be concerned about this?
How does one clean the lens?
>>
I got a D3300 about a year ago. I take pictures of cars for a living. Not for magazines or anything like that but for a few dealerships. I do their pictures and online listings. When I first started doing it I had basic knowledge of how things worked but switching all the manual stuff took too long. After about a year now I can set the manual settings to what I need and it makes a ton of difference. Great cameras for normal dudes like me. Would love a higher level camera but for what I do this camera is perfect!
>>
File: mariobump.jpg (19KB, 344x272px) Image search: [Google]
mariobump.jpg
19KB, 344x272px
>>2972930
Bump for this.
>>
>>2972930
Whatever. You will soon find yourself limited by this toy camera and will want to replace it with a more advanced one.
>>
>>2973389
Is that what happened to you?
>>
>>2972375
I really recommend setting the function (FN) button to control ISO. I can't remember what the default use for the button is, but you'll probably change ISO often enough that you won't want to go through a bunch of menus.
>>
>>2973473
>not using auto-iso
>2012
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.