[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I recently bought a sec hand Nikon D5300 with the 18-140mm lens.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: d5300.jpg (232KB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
d5300.jpg
232KB, 1600x1200px
I recently bought a sec hand Nikon D5300 with the 18-140mm lens. I bought it for a trip I am making in a couple of weeks to Spain. I'm worried how the lens will do in low light/interiors/museums/churches etc. Any good lenses for this sort of thing anyone can recommend?

also first dslr of my own. Did I do ok?
>>
>>2972116
Whats the max aperture?
>>
>>2972117
>>
>>2972116
In really low light, you might have some trouble, but for vacation photos, don't worry too much about turning your ISO up to 1600 or 3200. As far as other lenses to pick up, you could do worse than the 35mm f/1.8G. It could be a little longer than you really want, if you're trying to do a lot of extremely wide-angle shots on your trip, but it's overall a good low-light lens for crop-sensor DSLRs. Plus it is a cheap and lightweight lens.

And it's really hard to do any worse than OK with current DSLRs from the major manufacturers. For stuff like vacation photos, the D5300 should be just fine. Use it as much as you can before your trip, and get used to the button layout and menus. The last thing you want to spend your time in Spain doing is trying to figure out how to change your camera settings.

>>2972117
Looks like it's f/3.5-5.6, depending on what focal length you're at.
>>
18-140 is a good walkaround for that cam I have the D7000. The 5300 should be the same sensor as either the 7100 or 7200 if it's 24mp I don't know much about the d5xxx and d3xxx other than most of my lenses don't work on them.

If it's the 24mp sensor they do low light very well so you should be able to bump your ISO up to compensate. The 16mp sensor isn't bad 6400 is usable in most situations with a healthy noise reduction.

You may want to invest in an 11-16 2.8 Tokina lens, I have one of those too and it's an excellent walkaround in tight low light situations.
>>
>>2972116
Your not going to get much quality low light at 3.5.

https://www.amazon.com/Nikon-AF-S-NIKKOR-Focus-Cameras/dp/B004Y1AYAC/ref=sr_1_1?s=photo&ie=UTF8&qid=1480128743&sr=1-1&keywords=nikon+lens
>>
Get a semi-patrician sigma 17-70 2.8 to 4 and fuck that thing you have right now.

You should sell it, those kit ultrazooms have very good market, you should be able to get at least half of what the sigma will cost, and y sacrificing a bit of reach you'll get a sharper, one stop brighter lens.
>>
>>2972137
>18-140 is a good walkaround
Sugar, I know you are a fat, worthless fuck; but why do you need to walk around with 140mm? Are you trying to spy through people's houses?
>>
>>2972199

18-140 x APS-C = 28-200

That pretty much covers the range of like 99% of most people's photography needs.
>>
>>2972227
Yes, everyone NEEDS wide angle to modest telephoto at all times while they take snapshits of everything they see on a daily basis.

Especially at 3.5-5.6 aperture, because it's not like they know the difference between the numbers anyway.
>>
>>2972116
The obvious answer is:
>Tamron 17-50 f2.8
>Sigma 30mm f1.4

Read the sticky before posting about basic shit that belong to the gear thread.

>>2972137
Oh god,
>I don't know much about the d5xxx and d3xxx other than most of my lenses don't work on them
>If it's the 24mp sensor they do low light very well
>The 16mp sensor isn't bad 6400 is usable in most situations
Are you the embodiment of trolling?
>>
I had that lens. It's gonna be fine if you're shooting program and just want some nice holiday photos, but it's not an indoor lens by any means.
>>
>>2972116
Just get the AF-S 35/1.8G. Use the zoom lens outside in good light, switch to the 35m when it gets darker or you go inside. Shoot RAW+JPEG, try to get a taste for post processing in Lightroom before you go on the trip. Also get a spare SD card.
Make sure it is the "G" version, the older ones use the screwdrive AF which your camera doesn't have.
Buy it used.
And have fun on your trip.
>>
Thanks anons
>>
>>2972296
i was searching for this and lenses with the same name seem to be wildly different prices and look different
>>
>>2972554
35 1.8 G DX
>>
>>2972116
>>2972296
>>2972550
>>2972555
this
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.