[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi /p/ first timer here. Do you have any advice for me to i

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: Anika.jpg (4MB, 3404x2339px) Image search: [Google]
Anika.jpg
4MB, 3404x2339px
Hi /p/
first timer here.
Do you have any advice for me to improve?

https://500px.com/davidenriquemartinez

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 40D
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
PhotographerDavid Martinez
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3404
Image Height2339
Number of Bits Per Component16, 16, 16
Compression SchemeUnknown
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Data ArrangementChunky Format
Image Created2016:09:30 12:09:40
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width3404
Image Height2339
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2972052
tell her to use a better expression next time

nice otherwise, way better than most of the regular posters here. i'm also a /p/ newb
>>
>>2972053
thanks glad to hear that
>>
>>2972052
>>2964759
>>
Need more contrasting tones around her legs.
As of now all that skin color blends together, creating an undefined blob.
You want to accentuate the form of the legs more.
(doesn't help that the hand is there too)

Perhaps different angle, change model direction so that lighting has her legs cast better defining shadows.

Crop is a bit tight. That her foot is cutoff on the left edge of the frame but there is still so much room on the right is kind of disproportionate. Doesn't matter if the foot is obscured by the grass. There is the perception that a)it exists anyways and b) it is being cut off.

Image rotation is a bit jarring. Perhaps you wanted to accentuate a certain aspect of her form, but most of the time you want to highlight the straightness of the back. Her, with nothing aligned to horizontal or vertical, it becomes a composition of all these different angles shooting off into many different direction. You want to make one defining angle the anchorpoint of the photo. It can be defined by a combination of model posing, your position, what is in light vs what is shaded, etc.

Bit too much grass in foreground. Maybe get closer to the ground with some sky to break up the monotony of it in the background too. Contrasts, you know?

But it's getting there! I like the shots on that linked site much more.
>>
>>2972074
Thanks for your reply!

I appreciate your advice on my take here.
yes i thought so too that the crop is a little bit to tight but i only saw it in post production.
i guess i need to work on my awareness during the shoot.

thank you
>>
>>2972052
nice
https://500px.com/photo/168967367/startrail-by-david-martinez
>>
>>2972052
Did she or you choose the flannel?
>>
>>2972088
>we're in for it now, scoob
>>
>>2972088
>https://500px.com/photo/168967367/startrail-by-david-martinez

thank you! i was on a nice little vacation in the alps.
>>
>>2972091
she did. we made some pictures for her boyfriend that time.
>>
File: 1480119433157-0.jpg (726KB, 1231x737px) Image search: [Google]
1480119433157-0.jpg
726KB, 1231x737px
>>2972094
>her boyfriend

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 40D
Camera SoftwareGIMP 2.8.16
PhotographerDavid Martinez
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:11:25 17:30:08
Exposure Time1/250 sec
F-Numberf/2.8
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating125
Lens Aperturef/2.8
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length100.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1231
Image Height737
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2972094
Then she deserves a lot of credit because the tones match well with the grass. Her olive skin stands nicely in contrast between the grass and flannel.

As well as a slight smile I would at least show one of her feet. The leg with the knee bent up I would have liked that foot to at least stick out beneath the other knee.

This isn't just me being a footfag it just helps liven up the photo.

A slight smile would really help her large nostrils and that dimple not look out of place.

Try talking to your models while you shoot, give them a few poses to cycle through. Its rude to make your models hold poses longer than 10 seconds at a time and it can stress them out.
>>
>>2972101
we had like 4 outfits she changed during the shoot.
I agree a smile would have helped the image.
I guess i have to work on my comunications a little bit more since i am a little bit introverted. Its getting better every time i work with someone in front of the camera, but i still have a long way to go in terms of guideing the person in front of me.
>>
>>2972105
I'm a manic depression slightly bi polar sperg. When I get behind that camera I become a god, it helps hide insecuritys! You're completely in control for once in your life!

Just compliment your models, smile and laugh, make them comfortable. Sometimes I set the camera and show them myself some poses, which is funny since I'm a fatugly white guy.

But ya, let the models feel involved. Let them switch poses and make up their own. If they are comfortable and having fun and feel a part of the shoot you might get the ultimate goal.

The genuine bashful giggle smile.
>>
>>2972109
Yeah i think i now that feeling.
I love beeing behind the camera. It makes me feel free in some way. The last two years were hard for me. I lost my Job (I worked as a plumber) i lost my home and my girlfriend. Having no money to work with is hard. every cent i made went straight into Photography but yeah... new gear is expensive af. last year i finally could afford an upgrade to my 5D mkIII and I am happy as i can be with it.

Being Introverted and constantly thinking about if my work is good enough held me up from asking some more experienced models from working with me on a tfp base. I guess I have to Work on that as well.
>>
>>2972120
You gonna be alright.
>>
>>2972052
No, what the fuck do you think this board is for?

Looks like I need to add the word "improve" to my filter list...
>>
>>2974933
Actually i thought exactly for that.

Go on.. Do what you have to do.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.