[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MODS STICKY THIS POST UNTIL SATURDAY. IF THE MODS DON'T

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 3

File: black-friday-2016-sale.jpg (40KB, 968x584px) Image search: [Google]
black-friday-2016-sale.jpg
40KB, 968x584px
MODS STICKY THIS POST UNTIL SATURDAY.

IF THE MODS DON'T STICKY IT THAT'S COOL I'LL JUST KEEP BUMPING IT.

FRIENDLY REMINDER THAT THERE WILL BE NO "GOOD DEALS" ON DSLR'S/MIRRORLESS FOR BLACK FRIDAY.

I REPEAT: THERE WILL BE NO "GOOD DEALS" ON DSLR'S/MIRRORLESS ON BLACK FRIDAY.

BLACK FRIDAY DEALS ARE ALWAYS ON OLD STOCK (WHICH THEY WANT TO GET OFF THE SHELVES ANYWAY), OFF-BRAND MERCHANDISE THAT THEY GOT FOR CHEAP, AND GENERALLY ANYTHING ELSE THAT THEY ALREADY SELL AT A VERY HIGH MARGIN.

SERIOUS CAMERAS ALREADY HAVE A RAZOR THIN PROFIT MARGIN FOR THE RETAILER, SO THERE IS VERY LITTLE TO NO INCENTIVE FOR THEM TO DISCOUNT.

I HAVE LITERALLY NEVER SEEN A GOOD DISCOUNT FOR DIGITAL CAMERAS ON BLACK FRIDAY. DO NOT ASK AROUND /p/ IF THERE ARE ANY GOOD DEALS COMING UP. THE ANSWER WILL BE NO.

HERE'S WHAT YOU WILL LIKELY SEE A GOOD DEAL ON:

>ACCESORIES
Stuff like straps, off-brand filters, memory cards, cases. Most of this stuff they buy at 50% or less of retail, so they can afford to knock off a few bucks.

>BUNDLED KITS OF OLD STOCK
Quick! Buy this discontinued 3 year old camera with some junky kit lenses for ridiculous savings off what it would have cost three years ago! Please note that you could likely find any of these kits at the same price any other day of the year, they just pump you full of black friday hype so that you'll spend lest you miss out.

(cont'd)
>>
(2/3)

HERE'S HOW TO FIND A GOOD DEAL: WAIT FOR MANUFACTURER REBATES. ALL OF THE MAJOR MANUFACTURERS OFFER BIG REBATES AT SOME POINT DURING THE YEAR. CANON IS ESPECIALLY GOOD AT THIS.

OR BUY GREY MARKET AND GET NO WARRANTY.

And that's about it. Photography is a reasonably expensive hobby (though much cheaper than many others), and you're pretty much always going to have to pay full price, especially if it's an in-demand piece of gear. The good news is that entry level gear performs as well as pro gear a few generations ago, so you can't really go wrong with even the cheapest DSLR/mirrorless.

Do not get scammed. If a deal seems like it's better than it should be, it is. Always buy from a reputable dealer (Amazon, B&H, Adorama, Best Buy). Those weird small resellers you've never heard of that offer cameras several hundred dollars cheaper than a multi-billion dollar corporation (you know, the guys who could actually afford to sell at 1% profit) are going to take your money, and then make you fight to get it back when you don't get a camera. This is a tale as old as time. Please don't fall for it.
>>
(3/3)

I know that cameras are expensive and you're looking for a good deal. We've all been there. It's agonizing to really want to get into a hobby, only to have the barrier to entry be significantly higher than you thought it would be. If you really want to get into photography this season, but are on a budget, go used. Used cameras are a great deal, as most of the depreciation is already incurred by the original owner. Adorama and B&H both have used departments, and there's also KEH. Fleabay can be good, but check the reseller rating. Anything less than 99% is no-go. Craiglist offers the best prices for all involved parties, but it's a total crapshoot and everything is sold as-is.

Used gear affords you the opportunity to get a great, almost-new camera for a terrific price. And since the depreciation is already done, you can sell it for almost as much as you paid (sometimes more!) if you don't like the camera. New digital cameras lose 1/2 to 2/3 of their value within 2 years of purchase, which is a hell of a lot of money to lose just to have the latest and greatest tech. That's money you could have spent on lenses, flashes, tripods, bags, straps, and plane tickets to more interesting locations. You'll quickly find that the camera is probably the least important part of your gear as you progress through photography, and yet all beginners assume it's the most crucial piece.

It ain't. Disregard bodies, acquire lenses.

Sincerely, your friendly neighborhood cameraman.
>>
>buying anything on a MEME BUY DAY

literal sheeple conditioned by the media do this all the time, patricians are way to smart for such jew tricks.
>>
>>2969844

I disagree with your paranoid racism, but yeah. You start to get too wise for this pretty quickly. This post wasn't really meant for those people, though. It's for all the newfriends who are already making posts in several threads inquiring about them hot dealz. You know, the young folk.
>>
>>2969850

I mean that all capitalists desire capital, regardless of ethnicity or creed.

So if you think it's only the jews who want to spend big on black friday, you might be a racist fucking retard.
>>
Olympus has some pretty good sales on lenses, OP. Even off their newest stuff. Hell some of the older ones are at grey market prices.
>>
>>2969853

haha you got me! you're just a totally rational, not-afraid-of-the-big-bad-jew human bean! dang, dude. sorry for calling you racist.
>>
>>2969855

That's why I mentioned manufacturer rebates.
>>
>>2969858
That's not rebates. It's literally black "Friday" sales
>>
What's wrong with buying cheap old stock? That's what people buy even when there are no deals because they're not going for the latest high-end shit.
>>
>>2969874

There's nothing wrong with it, it's just that it's not "cheaper" than literally any other day of the year, and oftentimes more expensive because of unnecessary bundled junk.
>>
>>2969873

Show me. This thread could also easily be a list of legitimate good deals if there are any.
>>
>>2969879
http://www.getolympus.com/us/en/black_friday

The 12-40 and the 12-50 are both at/near grey market.
>>
File: Seemed like a good shot.jpg (736KB, 1210x1613px) Image search: [Google]
Seemed like a good shot.jpg
736KB, 1210x1613px
Suggestions for a new photographer/director?

also low budget but I'm looking for dslr

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSAMSUNG-SM-G935A
Camera SoftwareG935AUCS4API2
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.7
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)26 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:10:25 10:53:51
Exposure Time1/2288 sec
F-Numberf/1.7
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating50
Lens Aperturef/1.7
Brightness8.5 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.20 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4032
Image Height3024
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDC12QSJB01SB
>>
>>2969904

Very cool.

That's still a manufacturer rebate bru bru, but thanks for posting.
>>
>>2969961
A rebate means you purchase it at full price, send out a rebate form, and get money back.
That's just a sale.
>>
>>2970030

There's such a thing as an instant rebate.
>>
>>2969840
do grey market and used cameras also go on sale around black friday/cyber monday?
>>
>>2969836
The D810/D500 rebates + grips are a good fucking deal. The 810 is something like $500 off already (rebate) and throwing in a $400 grip is enough to push a lot of people over the edge.

With that said if you don't know that's a deal or not in the first place, you're not the target market.
>>
>>2970039

Where is this? Links, homie.
>>
>>2969844
You're only supposed to buy stuff on big sale days if you were already planning on getting the item.

Unless you make money off something and need it ASAP it's financially more tactful to wait for your desired item to go on sale, and the lower priced it is, the better.
>>
>>2970040
http://www.adorama.com/pages/Nikon-Special-Savings
>>
>>2970046

Cool, more manufacturer rebates. I like being right.
>>
>>2970054
except the olympus sale is a sale, labeled a sale, and not a rebate.
>>
>>2970057

okay
>>
>>2970054
the grip is a black friday only offer. that's on top of pre-existing november rebates
>>
>>2970431
of course the way to do this is to combine it with one of adorama's or b&h's bundles, for example the bundle with the free vp83, or free LR6 if you somehow don't own it already and were looking to buy a fuckin d810
>>
>>2970431
why do you guys pay so much money for something as stupid as a battery grip, it would probably be easy to make your own battery pack
>>
>>2970581

Or just get a third party option from meike for like $30.
>>
>>2970585
Yeah, exactly. Are there any deals that are actually good like a Canon 5d3 50% off? I don't have a frame of reference for camera sales.
>>
>>2969836
I was looking at non photography related, /patrician tier/ shit last night that I've had my eyes on for some time and none of them were getting any discounts for today.

I went and looked at other stuff and it's clear to me that only pleb shit that was cheaply made to begin with is getting sold off at a loss.

It doesn't matter to me. Part of not being a poorfag is being able to afford the $100 in savings you won't be getting.

I was looking at Olympus's TG4 or whatever it's called, and it's getting no discount.
>>
Thinking about buying this.
https://www.amazon.com/Canon-50mm-1-8-STM-Lens/dp/B00X8MRBCW/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&qid=1438974280&sr=8-1&keywords=Canon%2B50%2Bmm&linkCode=sl1&tag=omnideals-20&linkId=cd09588b67ac10e4e960ea45c87b3f06&th=1
I'm currently using a Canon T3i rebel and I want to shoot some videos. Just wondering if this is a good buy for a beginner casual.
>>
>>2971996
a nifty fifty is always a good choice, especially the canon one
>>
File: 9126B026AA_1_xl.jpg (52KB, 675x450px) Image search: [Google]
9126B026AA_1_xl.jpg
52KB, 675x450px
So this Canon EOS Rebel T5 was a bad buy? I should return it?

https://shop.usa.canon.com/shop/en/catalog/refurbished-rebel-t5-ef-s-18-55mm-ef-75-300mm-red-and-black?cm_sp=CD-_-HP_Takeover-_-Feature-BF

I wanted to get into photography, and a 2 year old refurbished dslr with extra lense for less than $300 seemed like a good starting point... So I got jewed?
>>
>>2972182
>So I got jewed?
-_- it's not always their fault, anon
>>
>>2972182
Fuck I bought this a month ago for 100 more. Lucky shit
>>
>>2972182
Dude buy that shit. Seriously.

>>2972185
This is me, and Im jealous.
>>
Sigh never good deals on that Fujifilm X-T10
>>
>>2972182
>t5
hahahahahahaha
>>
>>2972185
>>2972182
a new t6 with dual kit lens is $450
>>
>>2972248
Ugghhhhh fuuuk my life
>>
>>2972248
Refurbished T5 with extra lense is $270. I'm a poorfag, I think $130 less for a few year old model is OK.

My biggest gripe is no input audio jack for microphone :(. I guess I'll have to buy an external audio recorder and resync in post
>>
>>2972185
>>2972196

Yeah I already bought it. Only red was in Stock though Kek. I'll look like cringy trendy photo hipster
>>
>>2972403
Rad dude you'll love it. I know I love mine.

And a red t5 rebel isn't hipster, you'll be unique. Hipsters all shoot film or expensive Pentax kits.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.