[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Reminder that I am starting a quarterly photo zine. Featurin

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 3

File: peezine.jpg (141KB, 2480x3508px) Image search: [Google]
peezine.jpg
141KB, 2480x3508px
Reminder that I am starting a quarterly photo zine. Featuring 20 of the best* photos.
Released and Emailed to you in a PDF format and licensed under CC-NC-ND on the 28 of FEB 2017.

If you want your photos included then submit it here with the author's name in the subject field and attach or link to the images in JPG format.
>[email protected]

>https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScupA5ne4LrlfC_wSw3WwgkmZQmpy1MGd3_DZOLT9UuGuduvQ/viewform?c=0&w=1

Licence information
>https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-nd/4.0/

Questions:
>Why is there license?
Because I'm letting the option for people to print the zine if they want.

>how many can we submit?
As many as you want. But keep in mind only 20 pictures in total with be in the zine. If your photos are good* enough, I'll keep it in the back log.

>How do you plan on formatting said zine?
A4 book because it's the easiest to print anywhere. Picture in the middle, with a white border and your "name" underneath the picture.

>Is it just photo submission or do you want articles to accompany the photos?
For now, just photos. One picture per page.

>What's the curation process?
There will be a number of factors. To start if there is more than 20 photos submitted, than only the best* photos will be included in that issue.
If any photos did not make the cut. It might show up in a later issue.
If the batch of photos are all great, I'll try to curate based on similar theme, or it will show up in a later issue.

>What's up with the "*"?
* Based on my subjective opinion.
>>
aw man i wish i took photos
>>
Has it been mailed already? Haven't received mine
>>
>>2967016
>28 of FEB 2017
>>
>>2967008
How many submissions so far?
>>
>>2967017
Woops
>>
>>2967023
Pobody's nerfect.
>>
>>2967016
>Released and Emailed to you
>>
>>2967019
24 pictures with no theme attached to the zine
>>
whats the deadline for photo submissions?
>>
>>2967034
21/FEB/2017
>>
Pffbbbt. There was a guy who did it monthly a few years back.
>>
>>2967042
>here was a guy who did it monthly a few years back.
and?
>>
>>2967077
You're not gonna last more than 2 issues.
>>
>>2967077

I think quarterly is too infrequent. There are actually a fuckton of great photos posted here every week, they just get lost.
>>
>>2967170
I agree that quarterly is too infrequent for a digital mag that is only 20/24 pages with a basic, repetitive layout. Once you have a simple inDesign template you can just plop down the photos once they're selected. If there's not enough submissions, you can always drop the page count to 12 or 16.
>>
>>2967174
>I agree that quarterly is too infrequent for a digital mag that is only 20/24 pages with a basic, repetitive layout
You forget that this is 4chan and everyone is here forever.
Nobody's going to miss one, because every edition will create a 300 post shitstorm without any effort at all that will linger on the board for weeks.
Don't you kekolds realise that the reason /p/book 2015 died in utero was that it tried to be too inclusive? This place is the equivalent of the local garbage tip; it needs some real hard up culling to get it down to anything of enough value to even go in the dump shop, and even then it's probably still trash to 87% of the world (if only for the reason that it was found in the dump (lol @ people who link their real work in contactfagging threads)).
Even the good photographers here can't edit for shit (or choose not too, because cesspit).
1/4thly is fine.
>>
>>2967192
I agree with the majority of the points made in this post.
I just don't envy the /p/zine editor because there will most probably be a ton of submitted images to sift through due to the time gap between issues.
I'd rather see this take off (even though similar attempts failed way too many times before it) than keep browsing through an awfully slow/dead board that's 90% gearfagging.
>>
>>2967192

The monthly zone was fine and had no drama. Just because you're a drama queen newfag doesn't mean that everyone else is.
>>
>>2967192
the problem isn't that there aren't enough good photos, the problem is the handful of photographers here who know what they're doing would dominate too much
>>
>>2967271

lurk more?

i don't know what else to tell you if you think that there are only five good photographers on this board. spend less time shitposting and having opinions, spend more time exploring the board and actually looking at photos (without first looking at the file size or exif).
>>
>>2967287
all you have to do to understand my point is examine the previous photobooks, the quality differential was bizarre
>>
>>2967288

The first two were uncurated and were by far the best.
>>
>>2967289
they weren't good because they were uncurated, they were good because the board was higher quality then. look, I'd love to see more photo books come out, but unless the culture around here changes they're just going to padded with dozens of babby's first camera shots like the previous ones
>>
>>2967290

i repeat my initial assertion. i bet you could find 20 really good photos in a month here if you actually looked.

100? no way. 20? absolutely.
>>
>>2967008
>Featuring 20 of the best* photos.

It's nothing.
>>
>>2967170
> they just get lost
No. Raise your standards.
>>
>>2967299
Without arguing over the standards of "really good", you're missing my point. The real question is, could you find 20 really good photos taken by different photographers in a month here? I don't really think so.
>>
>>2967320

That's literally what I've been saying this whole time.

Yes. You can find 20 good photos by 20 different photographers in one month here.
>>
>>2967322
okay, for shits and giggles why don't you link 20 photos with different authora on the board right now that you consider "really good", there should be a month's worth of material in the archive.
>>
File: insta-DSC_0063.jpg (617KB, 1080x720px) Image search: [Google]
insta-DSC_0063.jpg
617KB, 1080x720px
Come on now, if y'all don't quit arguin and post somethin my snapshit will be the only thing in there.
>>
>>2967332
I thought it was distorted too at first but the lines are mostly straight. The truck's just abandoned and droopy.
>>
>>2967333
yeah I realized and deleted my post in shame
that slightly curved horizontal line hurts my autism so much tho
>>
>>
>>2967322
>>2967330
Why don't we just say "the 20 best submissions"?
Simple, clear, concise.

>>2967008
OP do you want help with judging photos? I might be shit but I'm offering anyway ayy lmao
>>
>>2967008
I'm getting a delivery failure trying to send to that address.

>450 4.7.1 <[email protected]>: Recipient address rejected: Access denied
>>
>>2968178
works for me

>>2967170
>I think quarterly is too infrequent. There are actually a fuckton of great photos posted here every week

the pictures posted here are compressed and are 1000px, not that great for print.
>>
I think this is pretty cool. I look forward to submitting pics
>>
>>2968178
same here. emails not coming through.
fix your shit OP.
>>
>>2968443
I put a filter on my e-mail that declines mail from known snapshitters, sorry bro.
>>
>>2968451
Savage
>>
>>2968178
>>2968443
Just post a link with jpegs to dropbox or what ever with a name you want to be credited
>>
>>2970203
>proposes making a photobook
>can't even figure out email
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.