[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pen - F in body black and white good or bad? [EXIF data available.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: PB170011.jpg (296KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
PB170011.jpg
296KB, 1000x750px
Pen - F in body black and white good or bad?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS CORPORATION
Camera ModelPEN-F
Camera SoftwareVersion 1.0
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016:11:17 16:57:17
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/2.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating2500
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length45.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5184
Image Height3888
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: PB170028.jpg (257KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
PB170028.jpg
257KB, 1000x750px

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS CORPORATION
Camera ModelPEN-F
Camera SoftwareVersion 1.0
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.8
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution350 dpi
Vertical Resolution350 dpi
Image Created2016:11:17 17:04:47
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/2.5
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating800
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash, Compulsory
Focal Length45.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5184
Image Height3888
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
File: Sensible Lok.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
Sensible Lok.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>2966821
>>2966822
>shooting JPEG
>>
>>2966821
>>2966822
atrocious

>uninteresting subject
>bad framing
>raped the contrast slider

sell your camera
>>
>>2967130
>>uninteresting subject

Literally just testing the new camera

>>bad framing

too lazy to stand up with the primes

>>raped the contrast slider
That is just the PEN-F preset
>>
>>2967438
>Literally just testing the new camera

excuses

>too lazy to stand up with the primes

excuses

>That is just the PEN-F preset

hahahha
>>
>>2967438
>testing new camera
>too lazy to bother framing
>presets
why the fuck are you asking for feedback if you didn't even try to take a good picture?
>>
ah /p/, always so helpful. no wonder this board is bustling with activity.
>>
>>2966821
i see many older film users who use olympus 4/3 cameras and i honestly believe they might have some of the sharpest shit out there. that said use raw. would like to see some raw edits. congrats on not falling for that bs 4turds meme. that 85 equiv leica lens. mmm
>>
>>2967444
>>2967441
I am not asking for feedback on the images, I am asking if it is worth using the preset filter.
>>
>>2967493
This is literally the same as walking up to someone with a pile of shit in your hands and asking if you should have put it on a plate first

Go figure out how to take a worthwhile picture and then worry about filters or not

Jesus christ I cannot even possibly imagine what goes through your mind when you decide to post this shit
>>
>>2967505
>>2967446
Why is /p/ the most autistic board?
>>
>>2967508
You literally posted two zero-effort images of your dog in your house in a needless filter and are asking if using the filter is worth it to use a filter

You can disregard all criticism as needless autism all you want, not going to make you any less of a retard
>>
>>2967514
Your criticism is that the subject is boring and complaining about the framing. I have literally never seen a photo on this board that I thought was interesting in anyway shape or form so you can really level those criticisms to all posts on here.

And seriously people are no way shape or form this autistic on other boards
>>
>>2967508
Frustrated hobbyist syndrome I imagine.

Don't bother with the in body presets except as a preview. Though if you're shooting raw, you can start from scratch in post, yeah?

You wouldn't want to bake a B&W look into the file, because you can adjust the color channels in post and do the sorts of things we used to have to do with red and yellow contrast filters.

>tfw no 60mp monochrome digital medium format body
>>
>>2967520
Wasn't me that complained about your subject or framing

I'm complaining that you lack any type of awareness or understanding at all to be able to make a coherent thread. There's literally nothing to discuss here

No. Using the filter is not worth it for these photos. There you've got your answer, happy?

>I have literally never seen a photo on this board that I thought was interesting in anyway shape or form so you can really level those criticisms to all posts on here

Judging by your posts I don't think you'd know something interesting in any way shape or form
>>
>>2967525
I guess I need to make up a good preset thing on light room then because I have a bit of colorblindness or at least my red or green receptors are slightly malformed and don't peak at the right wavelength.

Basically I feel like I fuck up the colors/white balance a lot or tend to go into way too over saturation when left to my own devices.
>>
>>2967529
Well, in your raw editor, you can probably see a black and white image while you adjust RGB curves or sliders.

I'm generally against using a manufacturer's preset because I can do it instantly with a hot key in post.

You've done alright. The dark wall is mucking up your separation behind the doggo's head (which you could probably help by adjusting the color channels in post, if you shot raw and did the B&W treatment in post).

You're catching a ton of shit because these are snapshots of a pet, and it's hard to say anything about the quality of your technical decisions when you're just taking random shots.

If you want objective test images, shoot a color chart next to a bowl of fruit. Otherwise, go out and shoot some real photos.
>>
>>2967526
Holy fuck the autism in this one.

Answering your questionOP, it appears that the camera tends to crush the blacks and adds a big too much contrast. Maybe a picture of something that wasn't pitch black like your dog would get away with it, but unless you can adjust that in-camera, I'd stick to raw.

Lomg story short: jpeg for convenience, raw for quality and flexibility to recover otherwise spoiled shots.
>>
I wish they had something useful instead of that shit preset knob, I'd buy it yesterday if they did.
But then idiots like OP wouldn't buy it.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.