[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has Photography improve any aspect in your life?? Also, why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 6

File: Potato Mark IV 21C.jpg (46KB, 800x534px) Image search: [Google]
Potato Mark IV 21C.jpg
46KB, 800x534px
Has Photography improve any aspect in your life??

Also, why are photographers usually lonely or not atractive people?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>2966106
yeah, it's an artistic outlet, and people are happy with the memories I've saved for them (pics of people's babies, pets when they were young, etc)
>>
I'm better at talking to strangers now, giving directions and thinking on my feet.

I've always been a fat fuck but never too unpopular, people seem to like all the jokes I've been stealing from 4chan since the 10th grade.
>>
>>2966106
>why are photographers usually lonely or not attractive people
you watch too many shitty tv shows and movies
>>
All sorts of ways over the last 8 years including but not limited to income, additional skills and knowledge in computers, physics, chemistry, and social interactions. Also provided me with a useful area of knowledge and ability that other people come looking for, and even free personal satisfaction. The act of photographing itself is very focused, and eliminates daily distractions while reducing stress and promoting creative and intuitive thought.

All the photographers I know are normal people, not more or less attractive than any random sample of individuals. Lonely people may be more likely to begin photography as it can be a very introverted task, but if you're into it long enough to consider yourself a photographer for life, you are going to go through many different phases in your life.
>>
>>2966106
I actually leave my home to take pictures. I feel a tiny bit more confident. Last Monday a qt girl even started asking questions about my camera and it ended with an impromptu portrait shoot. I'd never done that before, it was a cool experience and she seemed pleased with the shots.

My next step is to try and ask strangers on the street if I can take their portrait. That's the farthest from my comfort zone as it gets.
>>
>>2966106

>Pointed straight into the sun
>flash is up
>>
It makes me go outside sometimes
>>
>>2966316
Flash is up
He is down
>>
>>2966316
The sun's lighting the subject from behind, not the front. Hence the flash.
>>
I got into photography during a period of unemployment. I was really depressed at the time and it gave me a reason to get out of the house and accomplish something.

It's really turned into a passion for me and I keep getting better and better.
>>
>>2966106
Yes! Not only it has given me a platform I enjoy to express myself in and what I find interesting but also confidence in myself. I am ok looking and I dress fine so I guess it adds to my attractiveness.

>lonely
Photography is inherently a lonely art, in order to let the viewer perceive what's being shot, the story that's being told in the frame, the photographer needs to step aside entirely to the point of becoming invisible. We are but vessels of our view of the world.
>>
File: 1479227216740.png (260KB, 666x472px) Image search: [Google]
1479227216740.png
260KB, 666x472px
>>2966106
It took over the much needed time killing from video games after the latter gradually turned into boring garbage post 2007. I guess I've learned some technical stuff which normies believe to be nothing short of black magic (basics of exposure). Stuff like developing and digitizing can keep me busy and energetic throughout a day which I'd otherwise spend on 4chan hitting F5 and trying to work up the effort to play some game which ends up blankly staring at my Steam library. Right now I'm assembling a darkroom kit so I can start doing prints.

>Also, why are photographers usually lonely or not atractive people?
I guess we just have a lot of spare time and income. I'm a wizard and I've been socially dead inside for a decade. I can only bother putting up an appearance when I'm at work. Unlike a lot of other activities, photography is viable to do solo. My favorite thing is going out around 5am in the morning with a camera, when the streets are completely silent, it makes me feel incredibly comfy and desolate streets are always great to shoot.
>>
File: 1470501851005.jpg (23KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
1470501851005.jpg
23KB, 300x300px
>>2966316
>>
>>2966106
Photography gave my voyeurism a purpose. Now I can invade personal space and be considered an artist.
>>
>>2966106
>Has Photography improve any aspect in your life??
Yes

Dunno, but I get more pussy than you do, and I don't even have a cat
>>
>>2966316
>hurr why is he photographing the sun with flash up?!
>>
>>2966347
I kek'd
>>
>>2966316
>Literally dumber than a retarded person
This is why /p/ is the way it is.
>>
>>2966426
agree on all fronts except you sound slightly more dead inside than me
>>
>>2966432
Delusional fag projecting his fantasies
>>
>>2966106
>be me
>be married
>be attractive
>be photographer

wat
>>
>>2966465
>be writing like a reddit idiot
>>
>>2966106
I have gotten calmer. Helped me with ym anxiety. There's a certain calmness, just before the shoot, that time of absolute focus.

No, I'm not lonely or ugly. But I go out more now.
>>
>>2966106
It's made me get out of the house a lot more than I used to.

>>2966452
Is that the girl from the paul blart anime?
>>
>>2966472
>be me, dedicated reddit user for years with thousands of karma point
>be using my fav subreddit /r/photography
>somepony (im a brony btw dont hate) says there is this subreddit on 4chan called /p/
>trollface.jpg
>it is probably full of trolls like me
>i click the le link to open /p/
>it is actually a link to a video of a woman having sex with a horse
>i just wnated to get to the epic subreddit called /p/ but i guess this will do
>le sad face of resignation as i pull out my cock
truestory.jpg
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (191KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
191KB, 1920x1080px
>>2966359
Well apparently I've already posted here.
>>
>>2966106
No. All the money i ever earned from it i spent on gear. I think i even spent a bit more on gear then i ever earned from it, and i have a formal education in the field. I'm a 31 year old NEET.

Also, I somehow got much more social interaction through videogames then photography. I started taking photos in 2004, but had a several year long break from it, because photography became too banal. I still think it is, but i got back into it because i sometimes feel the need to create something. Photography occasionally feeds that urge, and that's about it.

I was always a loner (even spent 2 years in complete isolation in my mid 20s), but didn't feel lonely until very recently.

I'm actually physically attractive, but that could change soon, because my hair is thinning on the sides.
>>
>>2966353
>>2966439
Setting sun: maybe 2600k color temperature, flash 5600k. This photo will look great.
>>
>>2966106
> Has Photography improve any aspect in your life??
Stupid question, we wouldn't be spending much time and money on it if it didn't.

> Also, why are photographers usually lonely
They are not. If you want lonely, try being the sole worker in a ship at sea's fucking engine room.

> or not atractive people?
Most are slightly above average in looks here.
>>
>>2966106
Aesthetic beauty is one of the greatest things in life. Instead of being relegated to happenstance i actively seek it out. I now pursue utter beauty. The only goal i hold in photography is to find and capture absolute beauty. It is the greatest hobby i have ever had. I end up in amazing places and see amazing things. The beauty is the end. ..that is what makes it such an amazing pursuit. In my life the most important things i can experience are strong emotions and aesthetic beauty. When love and friendship are not concerned the two things go hand in hand. Photography is unparalleled.
>>
>>2966583
>Most are slightly above average in looks here
source? if true im probably the ugliest person on the board since i am considerably below average according to multiple sources lmao
>>
>>2966584
first dedicated answer in thread.
>>
>>2966581
Yeah, a golden backlit rim would look neat. The caption says he was photographing the Morton Arboretum but I'm not sure where that photo is.

http://www.riverbendgalleries.com/gallery His work's not bad, better than a lot of the shit on /p/ but that really doesn't mean much.
>>
>>2966584
>The only goal i hold in photography is to find and capture absolute beauty.
post your photos. no offense but "producing beautiful images" is a shit-tier goal that ends up making dollar store calendar covers instead of actual art. if it is literally your only goal i'm actually very curious to see how your work has turned out.
>>
>>2966589
It's nice somebody feels so passionate about it, but that answer makes partial sense only from a very individualist perspective.
>>
>>2966588
I didn't mean on /p/, but in Switzerland.

Source is my subjective perception, not really a fact. [Might be one of the few things here that we don't have a statistic for, heh.]

> i am considerably below average according to multiple sources lmao
Sorry to hear that.

Though if you're not disfigured somehow, that's probably just a weight issue, isn't it?
>>
Yes, i improved my depression
>why are photographers usually lonely or not atractive people?
Not all of them, sum cunts r gudlookin
>>
>>2966472
>Not realizing that that style of writing was from 4chan
>Not knowing the real reason behind our hate for them is that they used to take a lot of our oc and culture
>Being a newfag
>>
>>2966644
>used to
>implying they stopped or ever will stop
That's probably the biggest thing that annoys me about reddirt cunts, they act like they hate us and are superior, yet they try so hard to be like us.
>>
photography gives me something to do wile hiking. Lets me show the world the cool shit i see wile deep in the woods, mountains, wherever. ware most people don't go. And i am also a sexy bitch....
>>
>>2966653
while and where. don't forget the h!
>>
Photography has helped me increase my focus.
>>
>>2966591
Do your photos need to be commercialized in order to hold value to you? Do you need validation from others in order to appreciate your own photography?
>>
>>2966573
Your other thread is now meaningless to me now that I know you're a brony. I hope you break your other wrist.
>>
speak for yourself photography has gotten me so many cute girls sliding in my dms telling me how awesome my photography is and has led to me getting laid. Those same girls would not be talking to me if i wasn't a photographer
>>
I mainly started to meet cosplay girls at animu cons.
I only went to one con and noticed that I was a lot more social.
I also noticed that I started looking differently at things outside.
>>
Photography has helped me become poor
>>
Fun Fact: Burt from Burt's Bees was a photographer in New York who worked for Time Life magazine.
>>
>>2966316

This proves the retardation of /p/
>>
>>2966106
>lonely not attractive
i dont know if this is true for everyone but it applies to me because im a broken shell of a person who uses alcohol as an emotional crutch so i cant make lasting connections with people. i got into photography since all i do for what passes for fun is walk around outside alone anyways so this gives me something to do while im wasting my life away.
>>
File: 1478365855881.jpg (39KB, 711x620px) Image search: [Google]
1478365855881.jpg
39KB, 711x620px
>>2972766
I know that feel.
>>
>>2972769
its a bad feel :(
>>
>>2972766
Thats essentially why I'm picking up the camera. Company.
>>
>>2966316
Even before I knew anything about photography and was a little kid I would occasionally notice old people using the flash outside in bright daylight and wondering why. Now I still see people with high-end DSLRs that have those weird little pop-up flashes, using them ... in broad daylight. Do they just always pop up, or are they just idiots who don't know how to use their overpriced DSLRs?
>>
>>2966106

Photography got me into truck driving and for once in my life I'm actually kind of happy.
>>
>>2973355
I got a dui or else I'd do that. Seems comfy.
>>
>>2966106
>why are photographers usually lonely or not atractive people?
Don't believe the fucking shit you hear on /p/
>>
>>2973358

That sucks. Outlaw companies will probably hire you but you'll be doing outlaw shit.

Depending on how far back your DUI was you might get hired at some of the mega fleets, we have guys on our fleet that have done much worse than a DUI like rolling trucks but because it was like 15 years ago they dont care.
>>
>>2973383
Shit was back in 2012. I got a bit of a rapsheet, never served any serious time though. Just a few fights a DIP DAD or two.

I honestly wouldn't mind the outlaw work if I can step away at will so I dont get a bad load close to retirement. What Megafleets would you recommend?
>>
>>2973395

None of them.

Prime is the least cancerous that's where I am. They may take you they usually only look back 3 years. It's worth a shot. Their training program doesn't suck either.
>>
since I found photography i am not thinking about suicide 24/7 anymore
>>
>>2966106
>typical nikon user
>>
>>2966106
Yes. Cash flow.
>>
>>2970025
>Do you need validation from others in order to appreciate your own photography?
I'd like to see how long you'll keep photographing, when absolutely everyone tells you your stuff is shit. Fortunately, there are friends and relatives.
Not the worlds №1 photographre btw.
>>
>>2973322
See >>2966353
Also, even weird little pop-up flashes give light reflexes and brighten faces at daylight
>>
>>2966106
Lonely yes, not attractive idk

I have been scouted for modeling 2 times now and rejected both cause im camera shy and dont like the idea of modelling, but I regret turning down easy cash and I just said id apply once I got /fit/ and raised my trash self esteem

Its an artistic outlet that i can dump my money in that helps me meet people and keeps me from degrading in an antisocial wreck with le crippling depression again
>>
>>2973600
I too suffer from the crippling depression XDD ;(
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.