[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Okay so apple released the new macbook pro and completely fucked

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 67
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_9413.jpg (220KB, 1300x1000px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9413.jpg
220KB, 1300x1000px
Okay so apple released the new macbook pro and completely fucked over some photographers by taking away the critical ports they needed. Are camera manufacturers going to make cameras with usb type c connections?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1300
Image Height1000
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
No, they won't. They might make more cameras with wifi though.
>>
>>2965702
>Okay so apple released the new macbook pro and completely fucked over some photographers
So don't get the new Macbook Pro you mongoloid
>>
too soon, apple... too soon...
>>
>>2965714

This, Fuck apple. IF they don't want to provide us with the things we need, then we can go with manufacturers that will.
>>
get a dongle you dongle
>>
just buy apple and use the fucking dongle

PC computers are fucking gross and don't perform as good as even the lowest tier mac
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-XSC_UG5_kU
>>
>>2965702
>getting a mac book.
do you also buy a sony camera?

haha.
>>
>Don't take away my floppy drive I use it all the time
>Wtf no flash support but but
>Where's my fucking dvd-drive
>only one button on my phone
>apple have really done goofed this time

It's always been like this with Apple, removing shit a year too soon before people are ready. In two years time it will be win for everyone because they used their brand power, position and religious following to force a positive development through. They always make it really hard to like their stuff, but people have been complaining about this shit for decades while continuing to shill out mad bucks for their products because the alternative is always a disgusting plastic piece of shit
>>
remember when that fucking idiot steve jobs released a computer without a fan because it was "inelegant" and they would end up roasting their own circuitry until the chips popped out and you had to pick the piece of shit up and drop it on the table to possibly reseat them

shame it took so long for him to die, he really fucked things up for computers and phones with his idiotic aesthetics over function philosophy
>>
>>2965780
Yeah maybe in the past but that's not how it is today. There are a lot of high end PC laptops that look and perform better than their apple alternatives, plastic pieces of shit aren't the default these days.

Removing floppy and dvd drives made sense because you get media online now, but that logic doesn't carry over to physical devices. Yeah there are a few wifi cameras and I'm sure there will be more, but there's some shit that needs power from the PC to charge, and having an adapter for that isn't an elegant solution. Their developments these days are not positive, they're anti consumer. You think getting rid of the headphone jack is the future? No, and it won't catch on.
>>
>>2965802
All of these things are useful if you are planning for an environment-proof device thought. Like what wearables and useful AR/VR hubs need to be like.
But yeah, it does seem more like they are just doing it to further the walled garden control concept that has always defined the apple philosophy.
>>
>>2965780
what exactly was the point of removing the SD card slot? How does that benefit photogs?
>>
>>2965842
not that guy, but i personally never remove SD cards from camera once I put them in. I just connect them to my computer by USB cable

I imagine they'll remove those ports too eventually and do everything wirelessly
>>
>>2965852
sure, but that's not a benefit considering that the writing speed of having the SD card directly in your PC is much much higher
>>
>>2965856
And not having to keep up with a cord
>>
>>2965702
> apple released the new macbook pro and completely fucked over some photographers by taking away the critical ports they needed
Well, don't buy fucking Apple. It's always overpriced garbage, despite the artfag community liking them for pretentious marketing.

> Are camera manufacturers going to make cameras with usb type c connections?
Yea, at some point it will happen. Until then I figure you get to enjoy adapters or hubs or something.
>>
>>2965768
this. because apple is the one assembling the hardware, they're able to also design software that is more optimized for that specific hardware configuration.
>>
>>2965893
>>2965768
You probably don't know this, because you're idiots, but the only performance benefit is memory management. That's why people always said macs were better for artists, because adobe products use a fuckton of ram.
But that's not true anymore, windows caught up with that around the time of windows 7.

If you believe macs perform better than windows you're an idiot, they're exactly the same except macs are more expensive. They aren't even the best looking anymore, the dell xps is way better eye candy, Even razer made a more attractive laptop.
>>
>>2965970

my ASUS ultrabook has better settings than my friend's 2015 macbook pro, but his MacBook is faster with Ps, Lr and even Ae.
OSX still better at rendering.
>>
>>2965973
>better settings
>>2965893
>

people literally knowing nothing about computers.
As someone who had to partially do Apple retail training (it's literally just advertisements aimed at sales people), the specs are usually mediocre to hideous for the prices of almost everything they make.
>>
>>2965973
better at rendering?

Considering you said "better settings" I imagine you're missing a lot, maybe he has an SSD, maybe you have an older version of PS bloated with shitty addons and you never set up your scratch disks properly
>>
>>2965768
>Implying a fucking throttlebook pro without proper CPU cooling can beat an OC'd master race desktop PC?
>>
>>2965852
>I just connect them to my computer by USB cable

LOL. Just imagine if he has to transfer photos on the field with his DSLR battery dead.
>>
>>2966015
>ever being in a situation where your DSLR battery is dead

People actually do this?
>>
>>2965970
> pretending to know operating systems
Okay mr.second-year-computerscience, obviously you don't shit about how OS's work. OS X has a major advantage of being unix, can do multiprocessing a lot better than Windows as it has a MUCH more suitable file system and appropriate system calls. (Eg fork and MP/MT modules)

And adobe doesn't give two fucks about windows

And MacBooks screens are much more accurate than the majority. Build quality of the laptop is far better than any dell crap, they last 8+ years. Not to mention resale value.
>>
File: 18915209.jpg (22KB, 296x475px) Image search: [Google]
18915209.jpg
22KB, 296x475px
>>2966739
>>
Companies like apple and Adobe will gladly force idiots like you to suck their cock as long as you keep choosing them over other alternatives.
As long as you measure a product by just one metric the company will be able to worsen EVERY other aspect of that product without any repercussions.
>>
>>2965714
so much this..
>>
>>2966011

Nope, my asus has i7 2015gen; 16gb ram; 250GB SSD. Win10
his MacBook i5; 8gb ram; 128gb SSD OSX

Both Ps and Lr are cc 2016 from Adobe

his macbook is faster at rendering.

Apple OSX still manage better how to use his memory and the intel core. For everything else, my ultrabook do better. at rendering he won.
>>
>>2965714
What are the alternatives? What other laptop has a good display?
>>
File: IMG_0397.gif (777KB, 160x200px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0397.gif
777KB, 160x200px
>>2966743
> is found to be delusional
> still pretends to be a genius by posting facepalm
> won't reply to this because of insecurity
:^)
>>
>>2966771

MacBook Pro Retina 2015
>>
>>2966771
>What other laptop has a good display?

Dell Latitude.
(modern) Thinkpads.
Loads of others I don't know about.

And they aren't a glossy shitfest like Mac screens.
>>
>>2965973
No, it's because your ASUS can't disparate the heat, so it thermal throttles.

This is a problem with every thin laptop - you never get full performance for more than a couple of seconds.
>>
>>2966739
Lol people use old shitty dells for that long too.
>>
>>2966786
Not with windows installed and definitely not as intensively as a mbp of the same age.
>>
>>2966780

nice advice, going to see if there's something possible to help with this issue
>>
>>2966771
If you need a mac get a fucking imac
>>
>>2965702

Well I can use a USB-C to USB cable for mt X-T2 so that's not a problem. Still stupid to remove the SD-Card slot though as I use it every day on my current MBPr.

I'll still end up buying it anyway. Using Windows is like wiping my ass with sandpaper.

Oh and I was a System Engineer for a long time so fuck you faggots who say I don't know what I'm talking about. Windows is garbage.
>>
File: the smashing beast.gif (524KB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
the smashing beast.gif
524KB, 300x169px
>all these butthurt faggots fighting over two systems
>meanwhile, working on a Linux System and not having to conform to anyone's presumptions
>>
>>2966929

As a Linux SE I agree that Linux is the best, but not for photography. OSX takes the cake there. Linux/BSD for everything else.
>>
>>2965702
apple went full retard
that doesn't change anything unless you go full retard too and actually buy the new macbook pro
>>
>>2966739
>And adobe doesn't give two fucks about windows

This is the real root of the whole thing right here. Forget the computers themselves, it's all about Adobe doing a lot more optimization for Mac than for PC.

I'm not sure about the displays anymore. It was true back when the non-glossy screens were an option, but the newer Retinas seem to be about on par with comparably priced PC laptop displays.

FWIW Lenovo makes a Thinkpad with an IPS display and a built-in calibrator, that's probably the best display option out there right now.
>>
>>2966790
Uh, yes, yes they do.
Hell I had a Lenovo for 5 Years before it shit on me cause I had dropped it a bunch. Go check /g/, you/ll see dudes using old cheap dell and lenovo laptops everywhere. Hell you'll even see people running netbooks no problem on there.
>>
>photographers talking about operating systems
>photographers who spend hours arguing about inane shoot and shoot digital
had a hearty lel at this thread.
>>
>>2967125
Don't forget the same people argue about mirrorless and brands in the gear threads.
>>
>>2965852
Don't do this, those usb ports break, especially on sony, fuji and nikon.

A usb 3 card reader isn't expensive, much faster and won't kill your camera.
>>
>>2967129
I just put the card into my laptop. It is a crappy old Dell with an SSD.
>>
Any recommendations for a Windows laptop with a calibrated monitor (for printing purposes) and decent performance for editing?
>>
>>2967156
prolly one of Lenovos or ASUS PowerBooks
>>
>>2967156
Surface Book or Dell XPS 15. Both are available with discrete GPUs and calibrated screens.
>>
>>2965768
Spoken like a true mac fag, have fun with your shitty overpriced toy.
>>
>>2966743
MAC FAG INSTALL GENTOO
>>
>using a cuckbook for anything unless you're a graphic designer or video editor
Your own fault
They pander to retards
>>
>>2967156
MS Surface.
>>
>>2967156
>>2967257

Just remember to buy a new laptop every 2 months.
Because that's how long calibrating lasts.
>>
>>2967006
>it's all about Adobe doing a lot more optimization for Mac than for PC.

2012 called, etc. etc.

Lightroom and Photoshop run faster on Windows than on OSX now.
>>
>>2966929
enjoy using the gimp you massive retard
>>
>>2966797
>going to see if there's something possible to help with this issue

Put it in water.

Not even trolling
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9DyUitTVWlw
(.....but don't)

Not much else you can do.
Buy a thicker laptop with plenty of ventilation next time.
>>
>>2965755
and deal with shitty windows? No thanks. Buy the last MBP with the ports you need and it should easily last you 5+ years, by then everything will be standardized
>>
I honestly can't believe anyone buys anything Apple makes.

Even the Iphone isnt superior anymore. Sony and HTC caught up. Sorry Apple.
Their hardware requires extra purchases and cant play games and their software is incompatible or otherwise stunted. Apple cant rely on phones forever - time for a new gimmick. Your overlord is dead - people even built shrines outside apple stores for that asshole, despite never even meeting the man. Hold up just let me plug this USB into my Ipad - aw man...
>>
>>2965802
I don't think physical connections is the future of file transfer, whether we're talking cameras, headphones, or phones. I never connect my phone to my computer anymore, if I want to transfer something I upload it to google drive. It's simpler just because you avoid cables.

>there's some shit that needs power from the PC to charge
It got the USB-C ports?
>>
>>2965893
They just take intel's reference schematics and scoot the components around a little, then take intel's reference uefi and slap a pretty background on it, same as literally every pc manufacturer. There's nothing to optimize.
>>
>>2965702

I know some cameras use modified usb ports as accessory ports. Unlikely manufacturers will through that out the window for the terrible macbooks.
>>
>>2970602
>playing games on a computer

ishygddt
Thread posts: 67
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.