[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I have this photography gig every year which consists of another

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: 16.jpg (1MB, 1024x1540px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
1MB, 1024x1540px
So I have this photography gig every year which consists of another photographer and I doing photo testings for two dozen models each in a few hours. We basically have about 15 minutes with each model.

We're done late and I have to edit and deliver the pictures the next morning, so I usually take not more than 5 minutes per image for post. And all of this for free. I do get tons of referrals and sell lots of prints but I don't get paid from the organization directly.

This year, I heard that they thought the product wasn't good.

Pic related.

What do you think? Need opinions. Feel free to be harsh. Any advice? Thx.

Feel free to post pics from your own testings.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:11:15 19:31:22
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1024
Image Height1540
>>
>>2965584
You suck. Your trying to make an amy schumer a marylin monroe.

Thats just rude on your part. I hoqe you leave photography all together unless you post a better picture of this poor women you bullied.
>>
The location doesn't make any sense, her pose sucks, she has a weird paunch, you can see up her nose, the hair is a mess, the lighting is not flattering at all and is obviously unnatural and not balanced with the ambient light, and what the hell is she looking at off to the right? Why is her arm covering her body, and why is she wearing a hair tie on her wrist?

No wonder they don't pay you.
>>
This is some strobist 101 "firstname lastname photography" tier shit.

Also, what's with the chromabs? It looks like I should be wearing those old red and blue 3D glasses. And the wide angle? Jesus christ.
>>
>>2965584
This is shit.These girls are better off taking iphone selfies.
>>
>>2965584
Show a picture of previous years to see what kind of stuff they were expecting, vs what you gave them this time? There's really no context for this image
>>
>>2965590
this op.
not the best pose/angle
and pretty much agree with the rest of the post too.
>>
Lens too wide for being that close, distortion ensues. You may as well be shooting your friends with a phone, and some lights. You are getting the elevation fairly right to minimise the effect, but that seems likely to be just coincidence. Use a longer focallenght. 50 to 200mm ..ish
The people exploiting you have obviously seen what someone with slightly more basic knowledge .. or a longer lens...can do.
InB4 they use inferiority complex it to squeeze you for more, better, free work.
>>
>>2965592
You may want to get your monitor calibrated, there isn't any chromabs visible.

Photo's still shit tho
>>
>>2966363
Agree. Besides that, the crop is too tight, I would give her some space above her head and her right. Good rule of thumb is to leave about 1,5x more space on the side where your subject is facing than on the other. Also don't crop at joints, it's gonna look unnatural and disturbing (unless that's the effect you are looking for).
But that's enough cc, we are on /p/ so that picture is utter garbage.
>>
>>2966475
There's something going on along the left side of her arm tho
>>
>>2966495
Glow from the flash illuminating hairs.
>>
>>2965584
dont listen to all the flack op.

yeah it isnt the best.

weird lighting and what that due said about longer lens is good. it looks like you shot it with a kit lens at 23mm

no straight lines. now this is only one image i have no idea how bad the whole thing is. this might just be a stinker.

but the pose is weird as well.
>>
>>2965592
>strobist
?
>>
File: chrome.png (46KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
chrome.png
46KB, 800x600px
>>2966475
it's not even subtle
>>2965584
>all of this for free
maybe you should tell them to get fucked
>>
The elbow placement and pose makes her belly stick out.

You said you were done late but was it dark? The sky looks uniform blue. IMO the the model is far too bright. This contrast reminds me of phone photos from night clubs.

The perspective is not flattering either. some more distance (and a longer lens) would have helped.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.