[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Who still has theirs? [EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 4

File: 20161115_125520.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20161115_125520.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Who still has theirs?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment Makesamsung
Camera ModelSM-G900V
Camera SoftwareG900VVRU2DPG2
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)31 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:11:15 12:55:20
Exposure Time1/30 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Brightness1.6 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashFlash
Focal Length4.80 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width5312
Image Height2988
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Unique Image IDF16QLHF01SB
>>
>>2965344

>5312x2988
go away iggy
>>
>>2965344
RARE /p/ 2012???

Pls post PDF
>>
>>2965344
clean up a bit
>>
>serif
>sans serif
I know this isn't /gd/ but still
>>
>>2966144
In printed text both are often used together. Sometimes (rather often nowadways) serif is used for titles and sanserif is used for body.
Though I think it is supposed to be part of the title so wtf.
>>
Of course I have mine. Fuck yes.
>>
>>2965344
>Not getting the hardcover version
Fucking peasant.
>>
>>2966116
I still do have the PDFs from 2011 and 2012. Uploading right now.
>>
>>2966198
http://www96.zippyshare.com/v/1kumZNRZ/file.html
>>
>>2966144
graphic designer here

having two fonts is fine, three is sometimes acceptable but very rarely.

that said, I don't like the cover
>>
File: IMG_20161117_020903.jpg (703KB, 1500x789px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20161117_020903.jpg
703KB, 1500x789px
I do, mine's still in mint condition and I'm in it with a very small and shitty picture.

Ironically, I haven't been to /p/ in 2 or 3 years and 4chan in general for the past year. I just happened to be drinking now and got curious and saw this.

Good times, I wonder if people like sm, noveau, BJDrew, Photoshopr and many others from the time are still around.

Camera ModelHTC One_M8
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.0
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)0 mm
Image Width2688
Image Height1520
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image Created2016:11:17 02:11:51
Exposure Time1/20 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness-27/1000000 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeOther
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length3.82 mm
Image Width1500
Image Height789
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
Time (UTC)05:09:03
Date (UTC)2016:11:17
>>
>>2966409
BJDrew literally posted in this thread...
>>
>>2965344
anyone have the pdf/store link ?
>>
File: sdf.jpg (57KB, 401x363px) Image search: [Google]
sdf.jpg
57KB, 401x363px
>>2966543
it's on blurb

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2014 (Windows)
Image Created2016:04:27 20:48:53
Image Width401
Image Height363
>>
>>2966570
spicy memes my firend
>>
any other links to other years /p/books?
>>
>>2966582
http://www.blurb.co.uk/b/4145886-p-photo-book-2-0-large?redirect=true

Here's the second one on blurb
>>
>>2966409
> d_ book
From where?
>>
>>2966726
http://www.blurb.com/b/1022377-wanderings
>>
>>2966151
In newspapers it's more often the other way around. Sans serif for headlines and other "display" type, serif for body text. I believe the idea is that serifs make letters more distinguishable in small type, making serif fonts better for body copy.
>>
>>2966201
You're right. The design isn't quality. My choice to use the most basic Blurb design tool at the time was part of it. I came very close to using Comic Sans. I think there were 10 or so font choices and I just didn't want to go Ariel/Times/Verdana. Ultimately, I recognized my limited ability and went with something obviously amateur and home grown but competent vs. failing miserably at a more elegant look.
>>
File: Photo_Book.png (185KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
Photo_Book.png
185KB, 500x500px
>>2968285
Of note, the thing I am most proud of is how inclusive it was, the great people who participated, and how the process played out on /p/. The end product is more a momento of that than anything else.
>>
>>2967266
This is the d tripfag everyone admires? KEK
hey isi you should make a book if this clown did
>>
In storage on the other side of the country.
>>
scrots?
>>
>>2966409
>I wonder if people like sm, noveau, BJDrew, Photoshopr and many others from the time are still around.

>>2963679
>>
>>2968391
> implying isi is as good as d
> implying isi is a photographer
> implying isi can do anything constructive
>>
>>2972370
d is shit
Not once was he regarded as even decent by any /p/hotographers except the swatfags. God knows what he's doing now, but it sure ain't photography.

zerotwelve.co.uk see for yourself. Walk out this delusion.
>>
>>2972373

I'm fairly certain he posted a thread here a few months ago.
>>
>>2972373
>God knows what he's doing now, but it sure ain't photography.
>links to his website which lists his commercial work with multiple projects from 2016
i always liked d. as far as photographers from /p/ who've inspired me go, he's up there at the top with junk and a couple others.
>>
>>2972407
>commercial work
Of which none is available to view

Inspired you to do what? Suicide?
Junk maybe but I'll never know why the newfags find him good.
>>
>>2972373
What's up with the names of the photo categories? Some are out of focus and others have shit colors. egh
>>
>>2972455
Junk hasn't posted in years, how could any newfags even know about him?
>>
>>2972407
t. d posting about himself as anonymous as he's done for the past two years
>>
>>2972373
http://zerotwelve.co.uk/interior
lol these are so amateur, no polish whatsoever
>>
>>2972455

I liked junks older work. I believe it was either him or pantsuit that did the interior office in low light shot that may have been done on film it's an old shot I'm sure someone here knows what I'm talking about, I liked that and a lot of other people on /p/ in 2012 did too.
>>
>>2972505
That seals the deal on how blase his work must be right there. Sugar doesn't typically like very expansive, frontiering work.
>>
>>2972506

Not always. I do tend to prefer photographers who stick with one thing and run with it. Anyone who shoots straight photography, all that stuff Group f/64 preached about in the 30's-50's, has always had my interest.

Expansive and frontiering work doesn't necessarily mean good, I'm proof of that. I expanded my work from one state and one thing (landscapes in Florida) to all over the country and different styles and formats and I still kind of suck.
>>
>>2972505
His photos can't be that good if you aren't even sure he was the one who took them...
>>
>>2972510
> I do tend to prefer photographers who stick with one thing and run with it. Anyone who shoots straight photography, all that stuff Group f/64 preached about in the 30's-50's, has always had my interest.
And yet you like shitposting in isi's threads when she's a good example of the very concepts you say you like

Jesse, you're so incompetent.
>>
>>2972516
what would you say you spend more of your time doing: taking pictures, or bitching about people who take pictures?
>>
>>2972518
>people who take pictures
>Sugar
>>
>>2972468
I mean about d. Missing coma
>>
>>2972519
Sugar takes photos, better than isi. People need to get off isi's dick, too many drama-chasing faggots
>>
>>2972618
>Sugar takes photos, better than isi.
what crack do you smoke
>>
>>2972643
Convince me that Isi has a single decent picture

Protip you can't
Get over it
>>
Still going strong in the UK. Downstairs somewhere, too lazy to dig it out.

For Ken.
>>
>>2972682
I kind of like that one of the bog.
>>
>>2972373
d threads were more highly anticipated than Christmas morning at one point.

>>2972505
Pantsuit. He was a very interesting person. My sense is that the camera was a means of self exploration more than anything. He cared a lot about the process. Maybe more than the images.

Yall, pantsuit, junk all kind of came on the heels of d and there was a nice little pseudo-enclave.

Yall really did pursue art. Last I saw, he had a nice gallery show and a bit of a scene going on.
>>
>>2972904
His photos image quality is poor, and he shoots D800
>>
If you post your photographs on /p/ you're shit at photography. Stop trying to make out like anyone who consistently posts on this board might be anything more than a slightly gifted amateur.
>>
>>2973154
Photography is the medium of amateurs par excellence

do u even history bro.
>>
>>2973170
You could go even further and say that photography killed classic skill-based Art - while at the same time prompting the modern era in Art.

Think about it. Photography completely usurped the role of history's documenter. It replaced painting as the primary source of historical imagery. It could record things faster and more accurately. Artists no longer had to concern themselves with communicating important events - it was being done more efficiently by a man with a tiny box...

"Painting is dead"

- Painter Paul Delaroche upon seeing the Daguerreotype in action, 1839.

With the advent and gradual popularisation of the camera, traditional artists began to lose interest in realism. By the 1880s abstraction was starting to creep into art, and by the early 1900's total abstraction was already being played with. Thus started the era of "Modernity" in the art community. A time of experimentation in which the painter, now unbridled by history, was free to explore fantasy, language, raw emotion and symbolism. Being technically excellent was no longer a concern. World War One became a powerful catalyst for change and prompted a well documented swerve away from the bourgeois art of the rich. The huge "selfies" - portraits depicting land, horses and jewellery. The idealism of the romantic era was shunned. Reality was calling. Painful reality. War. Excess. Suffering. All of which were in turn were combated with escapism and fantasy.

The fantasy of speed, of new dimensions, of the hidden mind, of non existence, of pure shape and in the end ANYTHING, it was declared, was art if you felt it communicated something. If you felt it was worth further contemplation than it is ordinarily given.

So many people detest this era - calling it degenerate. A time when beauty and skill were put aside. But the truth is that the experimentation of this period was key in the development of modern society and its morals and ideals.
>>
>>2973235
except: in the realm of popular culture and mass media (i.e. kitsch) the romantic ideal and traditional representational art endure. you can even see this in photography: the most widely popular works are landscapes
>>
>>2973243
Oh absolutely. I agree. Just as classical sculpture endures. The modern era simply increased the acceptability and sponsorship of experimentation, even into areas which shocked, confused and disgusted.

Just like in Science - you have to cut up bodies to see how they work. Even if that means a few students fainting or walking away outraged.
>>
>>2973261
I'd go even further than that, really -- the obsolescence of representational art triggered a regressive movement in pop culture, a yearning for the simplest, almost infantile emotional content, digestible and predictable. not a return to classical sculpture, but Hummel. Not Turner (or even Bierstadt), but Peter Lik and Thomas Kinkaide. But maybe an affinity for mawkish, saccharine kitsch is inherent in popular culture and this phenomenon is explained purely by the rise of the middle class.
>>
>>2973728
Oh hi Hal Foster
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.