[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

how to get that consistent light neutral light grey background

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: neutral-grey-bg.png (753KB, 1582x1129px) Image search: [Google]
neutral-grey-bg.png
753KB, 1582x1129px
how to get that consistent light neutral light grey background for all your fashion product shots (flat shots, table top, mixed halfbody model with slightly different light setups) what are the values for the most neutral point of grey? i seem to keep going either too yellow (warm and ugly) or too blue (cold and dying) .. gotta have that -100% saturation light grey on everything. what is the way to go? pls help.
>>
studio lights, a backdrop, and a basic understanding of white balance
>>
Go to the wizard and ask for a brain. Just follow the yellow shit road.
>>
>>2961815
yeah ive got this. WB at some level inbetween yellow and blue, but still.. theres colors coming from other places. somehow interupting. isnt there also another way of "even out the greys" ?

>>2961817
what?
>>
>>2961819
>WB at some level inbetween yellow and blue

you dont have

>a basic understanding of white balance

>theres colors coming from other places. somehow interupting. isnt there also another way of "even out the greys" ?

you dont have

>studio lights, a backdrop
>>
>>2961820
xrite colorchecker doesn't hurt either
>>
>>2961819
Not reliably, no. You'll need to block all light you don't control so you can get a consistent light color that you can set as neutral in post.

Also shoot raw and not jpeg so you have enough recorded information for white balance adjustment.

There is no most neutral white balance setting, the white balance slider offsets the color in the photo to counteract the color of the light. So a warm light that would make something yellow requires the addition of blue via white balance and a cold light would need yellow, and Lightroom / ACR / RawTherapee / DarkTable / most anything will let you select a section of the image that you know is grey and it'll work out the white balance settings to make that section appear grey.
>>
>>2961814
Just use the white balance picker and click on the background.
And use the highlights slider to make it lighter or darker.

But take care: if your background wasn't perfectly white or gray then colors of the products will be wrong.
In that case you'll have to mask out the product and set it to the white balance of your lighting setup.
>>
>>2961862
>But take care: if your background wasn't perfectly white or gray then colors of the products will be wrong.

how to perfectly get it gray?
maybe suggest a light setup.. as what could've been used in the OP image? thanks.

i will rig a little today with capture one, few softboxes and x-rite colorchecker passport. tethered shooting.. hopefully with nice results. i just wish for consistent fresh lt grey background but keeping in mind colors of the clothes to be accurate. tone, color and light values that i keep getting back to without having to make adjusmtments / changes in settings..

if there would be a specific guide, step to step, tutorial regarding apparel fashion product photography out there that would also of great help, if anybody knows. thx
>>
>>2962127
fucking use the grey and white balance tool in photoshop like everyone has been telling you

click on curves and double click set a grey point, then click on the background
>>
>>2961814
Backdrop, 2-3 strobes with a diffuser
>>
>*INHALES*
AUTO
WHITE
BALANCE
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.