[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Wasnt expecting anything from this flick, but i was sure interested

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: 1478536439177.jpg (1017KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1478536439177.jpg
1017KB, 1920x1080px
Wasnt expecting anything from this flick, but i was sure interested in the photography work. Now look at that, isnt it fucking disgusting?

Where are the good photo directors at? Have any of the big names in photography been contacted to work on films in the past? For instance, i think this movie would have greatly benefited from a russian/slavic photo eye, they make commie blocks look otherwordly and futuristic.
>>
Hannibal, Channel Zero, Mr Robot
>>
>>2960979

The perspective is fucked. Who the hell are they paying to do this?
>>
>>2960979
Godfather
>>
>>2960986

how is the perspective fucked?
>>
Final Fantasy XV movie had better cg.
>>
File: green room.jpg (95KB, 1591x795px) Image search: [Google]
green room.jpg
95KB, 1591x795px
Green Room was shot very nicely. Doesn't try to be too flashy but is always pleasing to the eye and knows how to make small rooms and grime look lovely. And some of the best gore shots my eyes have seen.
>>
File: gits.jpg (200KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
gits.jpg
200KB, 1000x1000px
wow that does look like shit lmao
i just went back and glanced at the original movie's trailer & thier dp at least had a strong visual language... would it really have been that hard to just copy that vocabulary?
its not like its a tarkovsky film and you cant hope to approach his genius, tthis shit is like film 101 and even the trailer practically beats u over the head with it
(dp for gits went on to be dp for end of eva tho !)

>>2960986
jess hall

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwarePixelmator 3.5.1
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:11:07 15:11:14
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
>>
>>2960991

The vanishing points of the buildings and her are quite different. Gives the appearance that she is not (and she blatantly isn't) originally part of the scene.
>>
>>2960979
francis ford coppola

>>2960987
seconded. Probably the best filmography ever.
>>
>>2961046
You mean cinematography
>>
>Where are the good photo directors at
Did you expect something else from a movie based on a Japanese cartoon?
This is the director's second movie, he'd only done that live action Snow White movie prior to this.
I don't pay attention to directors with a background in photography, but I'd assume they're not working on shitty action flick adaptations.
>>
>>2961055
look, they did their homework:

“We’re doing a new process with LED lighting for the movie. Our cinematographer went through Ghost in the Shell and Ghost in the Shell: Innocence and picked out 28 color keys and those are programmed into our LED lighting board so that every lighting set up we have is an amalgamation of those 28 colors. So hopefully the palettes feel like the anime.”
http://collider.com/ghost-in-the-shell-movie-everything-you-need-to-know/

but in such a shitty and literal way its hilarious and sad.
>>
>>2960986
>>2960991
The entire background is fucked. It's a montage based on, and including a number of buildings from Hong Kong
>>
>>2960979
They should have got Bill Pope
>>
>>2960979
is this the notGitS movie?
>>
>>2961048
Yea. But English isn't a prescribed language so fuck you.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.