[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I'm new to photography and have been looking around for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

File: Pentax_K-30.jpg (264KB, 1500x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Pentax_K-30.jpg
264KB, 1500x1500px
I'm new to photography and have been looking around for a camera. I am mainly interested in portrait photography, but I also want something that's at least somewhat versatile. I want something that I wont grow out of too quickly. I've been looking at pic related, would /p/ recommend it? If not, what would you guys recommend?
>>
>>2960843
Sony a7ii
Everyone grows out of crop within the first month, unless you like soft images with shitty bokeh. Also, a mirrorless will help you learn infinitely quicker as the viewfinder shows exactly what your image and exposure will look like.

Another thing to be wary of on dslrs with normal viewfinders is that they can't focus accurately on lenses faster than f2.8. Photography becones an exercise in frustration
>>
>>2960847
Focusing screen. Google it.
>>
>>2960847
Thanks for the help, I'll keep that in mind, but the Sony a7ii is way out of my price range.
>>
>>2960843
>>2960850
For that money you could snag a nice used K-5II
>>
>>2960851
what makes the K-5II preferable to the K-30 or the K-50?
>>
>>2960852
Battery life, better build, fully featured, doesn't look like a lamborghini running shoe etc...
You might want to know about the aging aperture block problem the K-30 and K-50 has. Apparently some part gets magnetized over time and gets stuck.
http://www.pentaxforums.com/articles/photo-articles/pentax-aperture-block-failure-survey-results.html
>>
>>2960843
I got a K-30, it's a great camera. Not for video though. 18-55 kit lens is no good, flat dull images. Get some vintage primes or the 18-135 if you need weather sealing (which you won't get at this price point from any other camera company). Controls, meny system and viewfinder on Pentax consumer cameras are superior imo. IQ is among the best there is, Pentax have been using the latest sony sensors the past couple of years. Auto focus is somewhat lacking. If you plan to shoot sports or fast moving birds/animals consider a Nikon.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1478562372609.jpg (167KB, 1272x1920px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1478562372609.jpg
167KB, 1272x1920px
>>2960994
The kit lens is plenty good, pentax probably do the best, i got pic related with a k5 & kit lens within the first week i had it.
>>
>>2961122
>dat pubic hair on sensor
CLEAN THAT SHIT!

I got no kit lens with my K-3 so I got a 16-45 due to /p/ recommendation and I can say it is much better than the newest kit lens. And cheaper. No WR though.
>>
>>2960843
a7r2
>>
>>2961310
im looking for something under $1000, the a7r2 is a bit out of my price range
>>
>>2960843
>portrait photography
Canon 5D mark 1
>>
>>2960843
try looking at the pentax k5, k5II or k5II S, all very nice and affordable on ebay, the DA 18-55mm al II is the upgraded version of the al kit lens and really pretty nice. good general use lens. you will also be open to all of the great old pentax k mount and m42 (with an adapter) lenses out there so its a really good way to start
>>
>>2961437
a7, a6000, xe2, xt10, eos m5
>>
>>2961437
A7ii have started to go under $1000 second hand
The A7 is well within your budget, the difference between the 2 is better af (especially with adapted canon lenses) and ibis.
You could get the A7, 28mm f2 and 50mm f1.8 under budget if you shop around.
>>
>>2963905
sigma 30mm f2.8 with rear baffle removed if cheapskate.
>>
>>2963907
It's aids outside the crop circle tho, better off with a mf 28mm if you're gonna be cheap.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.