[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Failed in a photography competition. Prize was big. And i failed.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 5

Failed in a photography competition. Prize was big. And i failed.

I dont feel like a failure or that my work is bad, i gave it all and got pretty far, got ranked among the best. But i do feel sad.
>>
>>2959289
Their opinions were probably shit, bet it was like the Oscars where it's just normies that like HDR church photos on Facebook.
>>
>>2959298

Not really. It was a mix of 2deep4u, documentary, photojournalism and Alec Soth type portraits. Im pretty sure the winner is some guy documenting the immigrant issue.
>>
>>2959289
Happened to me, the place that processes my photos liked my photo and asked to enter it into a competition, I ended up losing but I really didn't give a shit because i was 15 at the time and I didn't even like the photo
>>
>>2959298
Meh, normies mostly like those marvel superhero movies that gross 500 million even if they're shit, oscars is more like people who can appreciate a good movie but not really into the really good shit
>>
>>2959289
show competition page or at least what you posted
>>
>>2959289
Happened to me too :(
Got published in a magazine and everything. I was one of like 5 finalists, and the prize was a RED Dragon camera, with a complete studio kit and lenses. Felt bad.

But don't give up, just keep at the competitions, it'll happen eventually
>>
>>2959319
This
>>
>>2959319
>>2959346

Not today, folks. Today is for feels and mourning only.
>>
>>2959393
No, show us your fucking photo or I refuse to believe you made it far in the competition, let alone actually entered
>>
>>2959414

Do you feel in charge?
>>
>>2959440
>>>>>>>> BANEPOSTING ON /p/
FUCK RIGHT OFF
/p/ is so fucking dead
>>
>>2959303
So the selection was politically motivated. Tell me something new.
>>
>>2959303
Documentary/Photo-journalism >>>>>>>>> snapshits and generic landscapes
>>
>>2959440
Yes I do. Now get the fuck off my board you little cunt
>>
>>2959463

You seem mad irl, and its not even 7am. Sun is up, sky is blue, its beautiful and so are you, anon. Cheer up a bit.
>>
>>2959485
>its beautiful and so are you, anon
Thankyou bby, I feel better now
>>
>>2959315
Oscars are just people who are "bribed" more, it's true.
>>
File: FOTO2069.jpg (260KB, 900x617px) Image search: [Google]
FOTO2069.jpg
260KB, 900x617px
>>2959319
>>2959414
>show us your fucking photo

Okay, here it is. It's meant to represent the struggle for individuality in the decay of rural pre post modern agriculture.

The winner was some fucker walking their dog.
>>
>>2959515
10/10

Pretty much summed up half this board
>>
File: 1471863961594.jpg (16KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1471863961594.jpg
16KB, 600x600px
>>2959515
>>
>>2959515
>The winner was some fucker walking their dog

Got a pic of that?
>>
>>2959567
The whole thread is bait/troll.
>>
>>2959515
>he fell for the fuji meme
Those colours are rank m8o.
>>
File: weaner foto.jpg (51KB, 972x656px) Image search: [Google]
weaner foto.jpg
51KB, 972x656px
>>2959567
Looks shooped to me, don't want to be a sore loser though.
>>
File: bait.jpg (106KB, 957x558px) Image search: [Google]
bait.jpg
106KB, 957x558px
>>2959572

yeeaaah.
>>
>>2959515
I can unironically relate to this and I think that the apparent artistic quality actually adds to the message you intended. It's meta in a deeply profound way.

>>2959572
The switch from white borders to black when displaying your alleged artistic nemesis is a nice touch, especially considering the poster and the poster's own nemesis. This set of two photos, no matter your intent, is probably the best work you've done in a long time.
>>
>>2959595
I was only trying to win ₹10,000. The dog in the winners photo does look familiar though.

Check out my insta https://www.instagram.com/Kevin Amroliwala
>>
This just in:

It wasnt the immigrant issue guy (the one i guesed would win), it was a 3deep5u guy. His shit was tight. Hes pretty fucking good in fact, i have nothing else to say. I guess i have 2 git gud.
>>
>>2959916
what are you even talking about?
Are you OP?

Just post your fucking photo OP
>>
>>2959917

I'm not posting SHIT m8. Don't like it, hide this thread.

Know what's worse? Our work is similar: similar eye, similar narrative building. But his is way more trimmed, every photo is different and special on its own, no weak links, solid stuff. Pretty sure I was in the top 3 or top 5. Brb need booze.
>>
>>2959925
You wouldn't be acting like such a fucking faggot if anything you said was actually true. Kill yourself, you attention hungry cunt.
>>
>>2959929

Why would I lie about something like this? Of course it would all be better if i showed my work, but in this doxxing friendly board you just can't do that. Not my fault that this board is in a state that makes it almost unusable.
>>
>>2959515
>pre post modern agriculture

this is bait
>>
Photo contest judges are capricious and self-important.

Winning feels good - but rarely has much to do with quality of work.
>>
>>2959925
>>2959935
If you had just posted the photo to begin with, it wouldn't have been an issue.

However, I know your pain. I showed my photos on here once, and it was reverse image searched and found out who I was. Then they shitted up my instagram account.

ANYWAYS. how about you post some images that look like your photos, or have the same feeling? I just cant even decide what kind of contest this was.

Was it a magazine? a website? How major was the prize?
>>
>>2959515
i woulkd have given you first place just because this made me die of laughter, but also i'm drunk so
>>
Grand Prix?
>>
>>2959515
>FOTO
>Fuji
>whiteborders
no wonder, you're copying isi
>>
File: 1411717222780.gif (2MB, 350x300px) Image search: [Google]
1411717222780.gif
2MB, 350x300px
>>2959515
whoever puts this on /r/4chan, include me pls
>>
>>2959946
>However, I know your pain. I showed my photos on here once, and it was reverse image searched and found out who I was. Then they shitted up my instagram account.
No one is going to go out of their way to do that shit unless you provoked it by being a faggot, I'm positive you deserved it.
>>
>>2959962
And another reason to not post anything linked to your identity.

/p/ does nothing wrong, ever, and bad things happen to people for a reason.
>>
>>2959953
>Fuji
it was nikon kek
>>
>>2959946
>>2959962
I post my photos here all the time, the same photos posted on Flickr/500px that are easily reverse searched. I post them with EXIF intact and even shitpost frequently with them, yet this has never happened to me.
I'm willing to bet you were the faggot shitting up the gear thread with his dual body shit a while back, or the other shitter with the 35/1.4 ART who had his name in the EXIF and shitposted.

If you're actually posting content and not gearfagging then this won't be an issue ever. You have to be a bigger faggot than me to get hate from /p/
>>2959515
>all these people who can't tell a baited isi post
kinda sad d e s u
>>
>>2959996
no, all I did was tell someone that their photos were shit, and my panorama was better. Made that mistake only one time
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.