[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What does /p/ think, yay or nay? Will it be essential? Basi

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

File: ld.jpg (71KB, 1500x767px) Image search: [Google]
ld.jpg
71KB, 1500x767px
What does /p/ think, yay or nay? Will it be essential?

Basically it is a secondary keyboard for Lightroom with sliders and knobs galore.

http://petapixel.com/2016/11/02/loupedeck-new-console-photo-editing-lightroom/
>>
>>2958461
theres easier ways to waste 100 quid m8

plus theres already keyboard shorcuts in lightroom.

and what the fuck exactly is a crop cirlce gonna do ?

and who the fuck uses vignette enough to have a full knob for it.

your a cuck if you think this is a good purchase.

i think it would clash with your macbook pro 2016 though.
>>
>>2958464
What are you so mad about? I just asked what you guys think, I still haven't decided it worth a second look or not.
It still can be a good idea, not necessarily in this package. I'll probably wait for the chinese knockoffs.
>>
>>2958461
Definitely worth it. Will there be a firmware update introducing dehaze?
>>
LOL! look at that abortion. impractical, useless, huge, ALL RETARDED.

it needed to be like those korg kaosspads, so you could manipulate curves on a tactile screen. no vision cucks baka
>>
>>2958466
its a bad product anon.

i dont get why your defending it so much.

you asked me what i thought and then you act butt hurt when someone gives you an honest reaction ???????

the mere fact you posted it here means its in your wishlist on amazon. dont deny it. just learn how to use lightroom. i dont think it would offer better results. i dont think it would be faster.

if anything looking down the whole time at small buttons and then up again at the screen would make the process slower ?

and not even mentioning how stupid that would be to setup with the functions.

once again theres easier ways to waste a 100 quid son.
>>
You're going to throw it in your closet to get your desk space back, navigating Lightroom isn't exactly difficult.

Personally I would rather make a few small mouse movements than move my yaoi hands all over some pseudo drum machine while looking away from the screen which is actually displaying my photo to see what these knobs and buttons do.

It's fucking stupid dude.
>>
>>2958479
OP here, I'm thinking the same.
I once saw a very specialized mouse with a bunch of wheels and a huge knob on it designed specifically for CAD software.
A similar thing would be much better, the knob is right in your hand and you can twist and slide it all over what the pointers is at the moment.
That would be a more satisfying workflow experience IMO.
>>
>>2958461
This shouldn't be necessary if Lightroom's sliders didn't suck balls.
>>
>>2958485
If you have to physically move the cursor to the sliders you're manipulating with the knob, why not just click and drag it like normal?

This isn't an improvement either.

Clicking and dragging was never a problem that needed to be solved.
>>
Something like that would be really fun, I've always been jealous of video editors and sound guys with all their dedicated machines.

But not that thing. Maybe a dedicated photoshop thing with an insane amount of switches and gears that you could put off to the left of your tablet and operate with one hand.

It's not a terrible idea honestly, but this looks like it's geared more towards rubes than professionals.
>>
>>2958489
>why not just click and drag it like normal?
because this >>2958488
There is a reason why someone felt the need to develop this knobby keyboard thing
>>
>>2958490
OP here, I just found the thing I talked about in >>2958485
I don't know how it could be optimized for Photoshop and Lightroom but you can find it here: http://www.3dconnexion.eu/products/spacemouse.html
>>
>>2958491
I thought the reason was "I bet someone would buy this", not so much "This solves problems".

Then again I've also mastered clicking and dragging.
>>
>>2958485
Or Adobe could just let you control the sliders with the mouse wheel.
...but no
>>
>>2958494
Mouse wheels use clicks and usually in their drivers it is specified to be 3 or 5 steps progress in either way.
You need smooth transition knobs/wheels/whatever to precisely adjust those tiny ass sliders.
>>
File: g13-gaming-gameboard-images[1].png (61KB, 521x342px) Image search: [Google]
g13-gaming-gameboard-images[1].png
61KB, 521x342px
>>2958492
It would be kind of a waste to use one of those for photoshop, the 3D mouse thing is the whole selling point. I've never used one, but I've done 3D stuff in the past and navigating was a pain so I'm sure that's useful.

But for photoshop a little gaming pad would be just as useful. But at that point so is the keyboard. Might be alright for digital painting though, the wacom shortcut buttons stink, I disable them all, but getting to the keyboard is a bit awkward sometimes.
>>
>>2958496
I was more about this thing, but instead of the CAD control shortcuts on the screen you could have the Photoshop toolbar or the specific toolbar of the plugin/tab you are using at the moment. You can see in the animation the display changing accordingly to the software used, this could be adapted to PS and LR.
http://www.3dconnexion.eu/products/spacemouse/spacemouse-enterprise.html
>>
>>2958495
They can make it as precise as they want.
For example make each step just a 0.1% value difference.

Dragging a slider by 1 pixel is very hard to do, and that's already quite a big change in Lightroom because the sliders are short.

Another thing they could do is use "mickeys" instead of mouse position to change the sliders.
A "mickey" is a mouse movement, and works even when the cursor reached the edge of the screen.
That way you could use large mouse movements to move a tiny slider with a lot of accuracy.
>>
>>2958500
That would involve serious real development instead of UI changes, button rearrangement and the addition of the dehaze slider.
>>
>>2958497
If you want a screen like that so badly you could just get one of the new macbooks.
>>
>>2958504
>get a macbook
Why would you say such things on the internet? Next one you will say I should buy a Sony MILC.
>>
>>2958503
No it doesn't.

All they'd have to do is add some extra event handlers to the existing UI.
If Lightroom were open source I would do it myself.
>>
>>2958516
Yep. But they are lazy bastards.
>>
>>2958521
Nah, they probably just don't want to make things too "complicated" for the average Mac user.
>>
>>2958524
This wouldn't be complicated, it is the defacto default UI control scheme for smartphones, tablets including Apple devices. It wouldn't confuse anyone.
>>
>>2958500
>Dragging a slider by 1 pixel is very hard to do
If you're retarded, maybe.
>>
>>2958471
>the mere fact you posted it here means its in your wishlist on amazon.

nah, bet he already bought it and is currently awaiting delivery. it's like those idiots who make threads on /v/ after the already drop $60 on a particular video game then make a thread asking "what am i in for?"
>>
I mean it's cool, but I'd never have the need to shave off half a second of tweaking sliders.
>>
>>2958604
umm... you do realize it's not a real product yet, only a demo piece. IF it makes it to the production line it will only be available at the end of next year. I was just curious what /p/ thinks.
I already dismissed the retarded autists ramblings.
>>
I would get it for NOTHING OTHER than the h/s/l rollers
>getting all your colors in gamut for desired output
>simply roll each roller until there's no peaking
Way faster than a mouse
>>
>>2958461
why not just http://midi2lightroom.com/index.php/en/ ?
>>
For event/wedding photographers who do everything in lightroom anyway, to hundreds of images, this is a great tool.
A zillion times faster/less brain taxing than making minute slider adjustments with your mouse over and over and over again.
The sequence for making any mouse adjustment is
>find cursor on screen
>find destination on screen
>move cursor to general area
>position cursor precisely
>click
>drag
>repeat all steps for every adjustment, esp if cursor is moved at all between steps, or sliders arent all adjacent in the order you use them

Whereas after 20minutes with this thing, you'd be two hands at once adjusting multiple sliders in the time it takes you to think of them.
>>
File: Selection_2016-11-04--18-55-29.png (38KB, 665x243px) Image search: [Google]
Selection_2016-11-04--18-55-29.png
38KB, 665x243px
The only useful component of this board is image related:
Of course, a bunch of keyboard shortcuts applied to a second attached keyboard would be almost as useful.
Or developers could more seriously embrace the concept of context sensitive keyboard shortcuts.
>>
>$410

I could buy a lot of smoke grenades for that money,

Actually I did the math, buying the cheap [sponsor me] paint ball smoke grenades, you could walk away with 32 of the fuckers, that's over an hour of colored smoke.

You know how much tumblr poon you can get with your camera and some smoke grenades? Bitches love that shit.

$410 for a shitty keyboard or some artsy chick action

Make the right choice op
>>
>>2958826
just buy a midi controller desu, 100000000000000000000x more flexible, way cheaper too.

If you're too stupid to wrap your head around midi, this is fucking useless to you anyway, even as a photographer.
This is a product aimed at gearfags and gearfags only. Anyone who buys it deserves to be scammed.

Unless the board comes with software for loading profiles, it's literally fucking worthless.
>>
>>2958623
anyone worth a shit whos doing wedding photos uses the same settings on all pictures though desu.

why would you want 300 different looking pictures if its all of the same day shot on the same camera ?

(inb4 indoor vs outdoor ovb you use different settings but dont be thick)
>>
>>2958831
OP here.
Yet again, I'm not asking if I should buy it or not, it is not available yet!
I just threw it here to have something new to discuss about instead of brandfaggotry.
I bet Sony is working on their version.
>>
>>2958832
Oh there's already midi software for lightroom.
Ima get a korg nanokontrol for it, seems like a lot of fun.

>>2958893
shut up anon we know you already bought it, don't throw out the name sony to try and divert our attention.
>>
>>2958895
kek. It's not out yet, but I'm considering the midi controller option. I won't use it it just looks cool.
>>
>yfw you notice it has a develop key but not a key to go to loupe/grid view
>It has 5 fucking keys for starring a photo
>>2958897
In what way does it look cool?
>>
>>2958899
Knobs and sliders look cool.
>>
>>2959117
did you buy shares with the company at the same time you bought the keyboard
>>
Does this really solve a problem?

A good tablet solves a problem. This doesn't really look like it does.
>>
File: 151725525.jpg (185KB, 1000x514px) Image search: [Google]
151725525.jpg
185KB, 1000x514px
>>2958461
get a proper control surface for color grading and not this abination
>>
>>2959150
Tablets don't solve anything, they are useless junk like leicas
>>
If you spend a few hours in Lightroom a day, probably.

I don't edit nearly enough to justify even keeping it on my desk, nevermind spend $250 on it.
>>
>>2959904
Problem: Critical painting in and masking are virtually impossible to do quickly with a mouse.

Solution: WACOM. Pressure-sensitive, precise, fast.

Problem: Anon can't get splintered plunger handle out of ass

Solution: Nobody cares
>>
>>2959943
Yeah, there are so many peripherals you can invest in that would be better than this thing, especially since the front of my desk is already taken up by a tablet.
One of the theoretical benefits is that it would allow for full-screen work, but you could just buy a larger and higher-res monitor. Like a 40" 4K display.
If they didn't make it specific to one program and maybe made it modular it would have a bit more appeal, but it's still a thing for posers. Now if it were a big programmable deck with LED displays for each assigned function, that would actually be pretty sweet.
>>
>>2959164
except those decks are insanely expensive
>>
I'd rather buy an analog synthesizer and start pruhducin'
>>
Can't you just buy a second keyboard.

Print some stickers and then use autohotkey to create shortcuts?
Thread posts: 52
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.