[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>LEXAR I keep hearing people say never to use Lexar cards..

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

>LEXAR

I keep hearing people say never to use Lexar cards.. In fact, for several years (probably 9) I never used anything other than SanDisk. I had NEVER had any issues with any SanDisk cards in all of those years.

One day I needed a new card and went in to a local camera store, they had an epic deal on Lexar cards and I just thought fuck it, how bad could they be. I have now been using these Lexar cards as my primary cards for over 12 months with no issues.

So why the fuck do peple keep talking about Lexar being shit?? I went all those years not using them (and being happy with SanDisk) but have been using the Lexars with no issues now for 12 months.

Is there any reason why people spout this bullshit? Are there any facts to back up SanDisk cards being superior?

I will also mention that I use these cards in a professional environment, thousands of images every week.

Just tired of hearing this Lexar is shit meme with no proof.

Thx
>>
>>2957562

I use lexar 1000x cards and Ive never had a single failure or issue. Sandisk is just better at branding and marketing.
>>
I have an acetone soaked lexar card that still works
>>
>>2957562
i had a lexar fail me but im pretty sure it was user error. never happened again
>>
File: mixza_shark.jpg (129KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
mixza_shark.jpg
129KB, 700x700px
>>2957562
> Is there any reason why people spout this bullshit?
Most people couldn't even test their shit, so they rely on brands and not representative hearsay.
>>
>>2957627
Are you pro or anti shark because the spergs on /g/ keep ranting about them and they're usually right about hardware.

I need something overkill for a 4k action camera.
>>
>>2957562
i have a lexar 16gb sd that has never given me problems and a lexar 64gb microsd that no longer works. 50/50 with my current experience with them
>>
>>2957562
Got two 32gb lexar x600 sd card when they were on sale. Still working pretty well after a few thousand pictures and several videos. Wont get them unless they are on sale
>>
First of all, a huge *knock on wood*
I've given a heavy use to a Lexar for a year with zero issues. Actually from all the sd and micro sd cards I've ever owned the only one I had troubles with was the one I keep in my phone.

Gues the brand...

>San.fucking.Disk

Moral of the story, as long as I don't see actual statistics of failure ratios in several models and brands, SD cards are in general inherently reliable.
>>
>>2957627
Pissphone please go.
>>
Honestly I think people just trust SAN disk because dat branding, I use shitty off brand cards for my non serious shit and I've never had a failure, and honestly from what I've heard card failures are so rare that if you've ever had more than two then you're just cursed or some
Shit
>>
>>2957562
Only Sony cards i buy, you cant trust any other brand.
>>
>>2957562
Had a Sandisk card fail on me, another had issues with a video recorder despite meeting ratings. All of my Lexar cards work and have no issues. I'd sooner recommend Lexar over other brands.
>>
>>2957585
Came here to post this. Bought a 64Gb x1000 had no issues, wanted a 256Gb so I bought a different brand that was $15 cheaper(wasn't SanDisk, can remember). Wouldn't record at 4k at 100mbps, so I had to return it. Bought the x1000 256Gb from Lexar, not a single issue.
>>
>>2957884
sony sales shill pls go
>>
I have all different brands. Sandisk, Lexar, and generics.

The only SD card that has ever failed in my entire life (when used in the correct settings, not including overloading slow cards with lots of data), were the wifi SD cards, and even then you should expect them not to be entirely stable.

Pro tip: put your wifi card for jpegs in your second SD card slot, and a high speed high capacity for raw in your first.
>>
>>2957562
>I needed a new card and went in to a local camera store

>card
>camera store

You're an idiot.
>>
>>2957968
Your local camera/photography store doesn't sell SD cards?
>>
>>2957562
psst.
they all use the same chip.
>>
>>2957627
>>2957675
i don't see the point buying sharks and wait 3 weeks for it to arrive when you can get a sandisk for the same price on amazon and get it tomorrow.
>>
>>2957981
Of course they do, for 4 times what they cost online.

It's like buying HDMI cables in a TV shop. - you're getting scammed.
>>
I've had both fail on me, and don't have any brand bias, but I do have cost bias.
I've always found Lexar to be just that little bit cheaper for equal performance than Sandisk.
I upgrade my cards every few years to ensure stability and reliability, so just went to new Lexar SD cards.
My last failure was a Lexar too, it was an SD card where the lock failed mechanically and fell off. The card is no longer usable now though.
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.