[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I believe we can. We can make this board great again. We can

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_0118.gif (485KB, 500x241px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0118.gif
485KB, 500x241px
I believe we can.

We can make this board great again.
We can push the /v/&/b/ trolls out.
We can get d_, lain, 5x4 anon, Burt and everyone else posting here again.
We can have more decent critiques again.
We can slow down on the gearfaggotry.
We can have good /p/ books again.
We can make /p/ a safe space again.

We can make /p/ great again.

YES WE CAN.

SAY IT WITH ME, YES WE CAN.
>>
>p
>safe space

fuck off
>>
>>2957280
It is yours.
>>
No we can't

4chan as a whole is going to shut down in a couple of months/years anyways

Time to move on to reddit
>>
its been years since anything was good
>>
>>2957280
>fuck off
so get out of your safe space?
>>
>>2957285
LOL, no it's not. Mook is bullshitting everyone. There is MORE than enough bandwidth for 4chan, even with the massive traffic increase we've had lately. He's just trying to get more money.

He's litterally had multiple, Multi-million dollar offers to buy 4chan amid all the speculation it's in financial despair, but he's turned them all down.

He's making money, nothing bad is going to happen

>>2957290
/pol/ is pretty fucking good. That's one of the only worthwhile boards right now. However, after next week, it's going to slow down significantly
>>
>>2957285
>Time to move on to reddit
Are you posting your photos there? O_o Bound to an account?!
>>
>>2957469
What's wrong with having photos bound to an account?
>>
>>2957473
as long as you arent primarily a reddit user
>>
>>2957475
I litterally only have 1 troll post on reddit and that's it. But what's inherently bad about having an account name bound to your photos?
>>
>>2957477
nothing wrong with having photos bound to your nick, I'm not the one who said that sorry. But Redditors are tards.
>>
>>2957278
Go on /b/ . There is more work to do there. /p/ is doing fine. Really.
>>
>>2957285
b-but reddit is already dying, man!
>>
>>2957899
have you considered that it's actually all bad?
>>
>>2957902
On /b/ ? It's worth considering...but to be honest, some of it is pretty hilarious. /b/ can be pretty funny when you're having a bad day.
>>
>>2957278
but can we finally get rid of sugar?
>>
>>2957983

Never.
>>
>>2957473
>What's wrong with having photos bound to an account?

It creates a echochaber free from any harsh criticism. /P/ maybe harsh and unforgiving but it's the last place where you can get real commentary.
>>
>>2958112
No it doesn't. I've been on photo forums with harsh as fuck crit and everyone had an account name.
>>
>>2958112
Go to a real photography forum instead of a hugbox then dude. People are less likely to just go "it's shit" if their reputation is on the line and people have no reason to fear giving constructive criticism because if someone freaks out in response they're clearly an asshole.
>>
>>2958112
No, /p/ is shit for criticism.

Look at 99% of the photos on here, they're almost all shit. I'd say a good 70% are pure snap shits that I would delete off my card right after I take it. /p/ is harsh for the sake of harshness, and you guys circle jerk over photos that look like your own (which are shit) and anything taken with a fucking fuji.

This is an echo chamber too, but just a different kind
>>
>>2958112
maybe 3 years ago friendo
>>
i don't get it. i think /p/ is like the board with the least /b/ etc infections. like here we purely only talk about photography technicality
>>
How to instantly fix /p/, from a certified oldfag who has been here for the best times and the blurst of times:

1) No more RPT's. They condense all of the OC on this board into a single thread that drops to page 10 like an anchor. They are also bad for your photography, since you end up shooting whatever instead of buckling down and trying to concentrate on a theme.
2) No more gear generals. No more file size limit or coerced resizing. These just create conditions that lead to petty bitching from mislead bullies who get pleasure out of telling people to follow imaginary rules in the meanest way they can think of. They don't help the board in any way and make it worse in several different ways.
3) In general, no more generals. 4chan's thread bumping algorithm just isn't meant for generals. It lets drama proliferate unchecked and keeps quality content and discussion buried 120 comments deep in a thread on page 6.
4) Instead, more photo threads by individual photographers. This will help with the critique issue, as it's a hell of a lot easier to judge someone's work, technique, intent and capability by 10 or 20 photos than it is by 3. Seriously, what meaningful shit are you supposed to say about a single photo? "get closer"? Get fucked.
5) If you're going to have book threads, post actual photos from inside the book. We all have cameras. There's nothing worse and less helpful than literally judging a book by its cover, which is all /p/hotobook threads have become lately.

Any questions?
>>
>>2958163
>Any questions?

are you retarded?
>>
>>2958166

Probably, but I sure hope not.
>>
>>2958163
>There's nothing worse and less helpful than literally judging a book by its cover, which is all /p/hotobook threads have become lately.

im the faggot that judges books by their covers. its not that book threads have become that, its that im the only one posting and bumping them. this board is illiterate and poor as fuck, only a handful of people own any books.
>>
>>2958163
Straight wisdom.

>>2958176
I move around too much atm. I can't wait to know I'll be living somewhere for 5+ years so I can start my library. Moving books is the worst.
>>
>>2958163
file size limit and resizing also leads to ensuring your whole photo can be seen in-line without opening it into a new tab to be resized by the browser. instead you could resize it yourself and apply appropriate sharpening. i don't want to pixel peep someone's a7000, i just want to see the big picture, so to speak

i don't know how rpt makes people shoot whatever, which i'm assuming to mean random trash. does anyone take a random photo purely to have something to share anonymously in a thread where it's overlooked? even if they do, they can be in charge of solving their own personal problem since it's nice to have a thread to dump a photo or two and maybe someone says something about it.

for me, fixing /p/ involves critique, rather than removing generals and rpt, as well as trying to help solve a problem. i personally try my best to do that, though it's really easy to get sucked into the mindset of being an asshole, especially when someone's an asshole to you long enough.

it's all speculation though, literally nothing will change for the better, we have a really good momentum going
>>
>>2957463
whats your argument here retard?
>>
>>2958140
So if /p/ is shit for criticism and youre on /p/ criticizing /p/s criticism how do i know your criticism of /p/s criticism isnt shit?
>>
>>2958463

what did he mean by this?
>>
>>2958163
Bump this oldfag. Fellow reporting in, I encourage this.
>>
>>2958463
/p/s shit at critiquing photos, it's obvious by his implications.
>>
>>2958463
You know damn well what I meant. Just go look at the "recent photo threads" they fucking suck and you don't even realize it, which says a lot about your abilities as a photographer
>>
>>2957278
Burt is the cancer. People like him are the reason this board is so shit. Burt and Biff and all these suckers. ... when talent-free people get attitude. And other talentless lickspittle cringers lick their massiv spit whenever they drool their hideous snapshits over this place. O tempo, o mores.
>>
>>2958112
Stopped the thread right here to post a quick inb4:
inb4 someone says the criticism given in /p/ isn't valid
inb4 the "it's shit" argument is thrown up again.
>>
>>2958578
Damn, I lost that fight.
>>
>>2958204

Here's the thing: rpt's are NOT conducive to good criticism, and yet they are the predominant method for posting your photos to his board. Do you really want to wade through 100 thumbnails by 90 different photographers and give a decent critique to every single one? Or would you rather look at a single photographer's recent output, ALL OF IT, and try to respond to that instead?
>>
>>2957278

But really, I'm looking at buying a new camera and can't decide between Sony and Fuji. Which one gives the best price/performance ratio?
>>
>>2958675

ur mom gives best performance LOL.
>>
>>2958683
you failed. you should have said: "the best price/performance ratio has your mom. lol"
>>
>>2958664
Yes this.
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.