[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is there any way I can create a 3D virtual tour of an area o

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: 71G2DKg2NKL._SL1500_.jpg (71KB, 1500x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71G2DKg2NKL._SL1500_.jpg
71KB, 1500x1000px
Is there any way I can create a 3D virtual tour of an area or building without using Matterport? It's way too expensive. There have to be some alternatives. Any leads?

https://matterport.com/sample-real-estate-listing/

Hopefully pic is related.
>>
>>2956559

You doin real estate bro? Where are you located?
>>
>>2956561
Aus
>>
>>2956568

Where fgt? I'm trying to help you out m8.
>>
>>2956559
just add "open source" to the search
First result on DuckDuckGo
http://www.tilmanbremer.de/2012/05/panoramic-photography-revealed-part-iii-creating-virtual-tours-the-open-source-way/
>>
>>2956589
this post doesn't help with the photogrammetry and 3d modeling part.
>>
Photo based 3D-scanning
>>
Do you want actual 3d models or just a bunch of 360 degree photo bubbles?
>>
>>2956607
I'd be happy with the photo bubbles desu, as long as it had a few stops per room like matterport does and being able to host it on my own site would be good.
>>
>>2956611
Well then you could just get a rico theta (full 360) or stitch a bunch of photos yourself, put it in some html5 panorama player and find a way to go from place to place with buttons or a map.
>>
Ask in the Blender community.
I'm pretty sure they have a Plugin for everything
>>
>>2956559
It is easier If u use Minecraft
>>
You could load it into Google Street View and embed it. It is free, fairly easy and as far as I know an acceptable use of Google Street View. No plugins or special viewer required and mobile friendly.
>>
File: hhrm.gif (177KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
hhrm.gif
177KB, 500x400px
>>2956916
I know Google recently added Business View but I don't think they let you do residential yet. Do you know of something I don't?
>>
>>2956611
http://www.marzipano.net/tool/index.html

in goes panorama, out goes panorama player. host it anywhere you wish, easy to customize.
>>
>>2956924

Right now I don't see anything in the Publishing Acceptance Criteria or General Content Criteria prohibiting it.

I'm not sure of the deal with Google Maps Business View because I've never submitted to that. Specifically I used the Google Street View app. However it looks like there are some integration issues with the rest of the the Google ecosystem. It looks like I can see my submissions on the Google Maps app and Street View app only.

I'll need to check into it a bit more myself.
>>
Ricoh Theta S
>>
>>2957078
Well the Street View API would be perfect especially if it was locked behind a provided link.

>>2957859
And the stitching and hosting?
>>
>>2956559
Other software packages that cost like $500-1000 can be easily found by looking for "3D virtual tour" on Google.

Or you could just grab a panorama viewer javascript and let someone hack you a website component where you can just superimpose these on floor plans.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.