[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How come we didn't have one of these? New Topographics are

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 7

File: _DSF8084.jpg (290KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
_DSF8084.jpg
290KB, 800x531px
How come we didn't have one of these? New Topographics are love edition.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
>>
File: _DSF8089.jpg (280KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
_DSF8089.jpg
280KB, 531x800px
>>2954813
Fuggggg. First time posting with 4chanX. Fucked up the title. Sorry lads

>>
File: 345 (1 of 1)-9.jpg (653KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
345 (1 of 1)-9.jpg
653KB, 1200x798px

Horizontal Resolution200 dpi
Vertical Resolution200 dpi
>>
>>2954813
>shadows
>>2954828
>underexposure
>>2954829
>oversaturated, and there's a fucking person in it

Wow, congrats on finding the most mundane shit in the world to fail at and succeeding.
>>
>>2954813
>How come we didn't have one of these?
Because New Topographics isn't a style, you fucktard. It was the name of a single exhibition in the 70's. Nobody in the art world uses that term to describe anything other than the original photos from those artists who were included in that wave.

These photos are just boring shots and complete shit. Even if you're trying emulate that style, you failed miserably. One of the key defining characteristics from the era was an insane attention to detail and technical precision, especially with exposure and color. You've failed entirely on both. Also, those photos carried an impeccable sense of balance in their composition, something that seems to have escaped you entirely.

Shitty photos of empty parking lots isn't some fancy style and certainly isn't "New Topographics." They're just shitty photos.
>>
File: _DSF8097.jpg (323KB, 531x800px) Image search: [Google]
_DSF8097.jpg
323KB, 531x800px

>>
>>2954832
>there's a fucking person in it
You would keep the person out to even enforce the impression of mundane shit, right? The problem is, the person is lost by doing nonsense in far distance
>>
>>2954841

lol the salt
>>
File: _DSF8100.jpg (320KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
_DSF8100.jpg
320KB, 800x531px

>>
File: BLACKHILLSINTRO.jpg (4MB, 2000x1600px) Image search: [Google]
BLACKHILLSINTRO.jpg
4MB, 2000x1600px
>>2954841
I'm a fan of the show, and consider it to be a big shaping of my outlook and shooting intent. Do you or OP have any photographers who work currently who could be considered as working in this vein? I find Richard Mosse's Iraq work to be a descendant of New Topo.
As for a definition of the style I would describe it as straight photography in the modern landscape.

Picture is mine. Grainy as fuck.
>>
File: _DSF8107.jpg (264KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
_DSF8107.jpg
264KB, 800x531px
>>2954975
Alexander Gronsky. you will dig his work for sure

Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.