[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I bought myself an nex and holy shit it's so much better

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 6

File: xm1.jpg (410KB, 2000x2000px) Image search: [Google]
xm1.jpg
410KB, 2000x2000px
So I bought myself an nex and holy shit it's so much better than my canon dslr

>smaller
>lighter
>not psycho black
>less threatening
>has focus peaking
>works with any and all manual lenses
>has auto-chimp
>superior sensor performance

the only disadvantage is shorter battery life. honestly unless you are a professional as in a person who makes a living from using a camera, there's almost no reason to use a dslr over mirrorless.
>>
reee XDD
>>
I can agree with this
I started off on the 5r
upgraded to the a7 and haven't looked back
>>
File: Trollthread.jpg (46KB, 625x351px) Image search: [Google]
Trollthread.jpg
46KB, 625x351px
>>
>>2951084

not a troll thread. i spent a lot of time in /p/ reading about >muh dslrs. now that i have used both i can easily confirm that mirrorless is far more FUN. if you are into photography for FUN a mirrorless smashes dlsr all the way to the moon.
>>
Thought I loved my bulky DSLR until I bought my Samsung Nx1000, never going back
>>
>>2951079
Same shit here
Bought Sony A6300
Dont wanna shot with my 5DIII anymore.
>>
File: DSC00029.jpg (2MB, 4912x3264px) Image search: [Google]
DSC00029.jpg
2MB, 4912x3264px
just bought a nex-5n, it's great
here is a shot with a helios 44-k-4

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelNEX-5N
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.5 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:10:17 14:50:00
Exposure Time1/400 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating100
Brightness2.2 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
>>2951115
>6300
lol you mad about that 6500?
>>
>>2951127
>new camera comes out
>your old camera suddenly stops working

yeah no
>>
>>2951079
>has auto-chimp

Wait, what? Canons don't have auto chimp?
>>
>>2951079
Are you selling your old dslr?
>>
I have a 6D and have had a Nex-5N and an A6000. I still have the 6D and Canon glass, while the Nex and A6000 have moved on.
>>
>>2951130

i probably will, yes
>>
Nobody fucking cares, why does this have its own thread?

To the gear thread you go.
>>
>>2951134
How much and what you got?
>>
>>2951141

I prob will sell to a store and not randos on 4chan. I got mostly entry level gears though so it's not a lot.
>>
>>2951127
Yeap, because touchscreen would be useful to choice focus points.
>>
>>2951128
>no in-camera ibis
>going to be as expensive as the 6300

huh huh huh huh??
>>
File: infiltrator-getting-btfo.jpg (108KB, 980x552px) Image search: [Google]
infiltrator-getting-btfo.jpg
108KB, 980x552px
>>2951177

>there were no in-camera ibis for literally a hundred years
>how did all these photos were taken??

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Macintosh)
PhotographerEddie Adams
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3000
Image Height2163
Pixel CompositionUnknown
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2013:08:30 19:49:58
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1280
Image Height720
>>
>>2951178
>how did
At an iso 3 stops faster than you'd need with ibis.

Your argument is as dumb as saying "why do you have central heating, fires worked just fine for years"
>>
>>2951203

>t. sony shill
>>
>>2951203
Except central heating is more efficient than fire, ibis is just a dumb gimmick masquerading as a feature in order to sell units to fanboys.

>unless you are a professional as in a person who makes a living from using a camera

At least you had the grace to admit they are just toys for gear obsessed amateurs.
>>
>>2951203
>At an iso 3 stops faster than you'd need with ibis
meaning you think they stood perfectly still for 3 times the exposure time used?
ibis is great for still subjects but if you're shooting anything that moves you're gonna have a bad surprise
>>
>>2951211
>central heating is more efficient than fire

It's not at all, I can go grab some sticks from outside and burn them. OR I can pay a company, that pays a company, to drill hundreds of metres for millions of years old dead dinosaurs, which is then heated and split into parts, set fire to so it can heat some water, that turns to steam, that turns a turbine that gives electricity in my home, this electricity is then used incredibly inefficiently to heat up some water which is then pumped around your home with half the heat being lost to the pipes in your home. Whilst also giving a share of your hard earned money to countless exceedingly wealthy companies.

>ibis is just a dumb gimmick
being able to handhold shots in 3 ev less light is a gimmick? By that logic improving low light performance so iso 6400 is as clean as iso 800 would also be a gimmick.

It allows you to do something in conditions where you previously couldn't, You know, like how a coat helps you go outside in the cold, but coats are gimmicks, right.

So many bitter and salty faggots.
>>
>>2951220
Who stood still?
Who's taking portraits in light that requires a 1/5th of a second?
Why would people in the image having motion blur be an issue (now that we've ascertained no-one is taking portraits)?

Fuji and canikon fags will do anything to blinker themselves from how behind their products are.
>>
>>2951228
how often do you need to shoot portraits at 1/5 wtf
>>
You realize ibis gives 3 stops advantage on lenses longer than 55mm right?

Anything under that and you'd rarely see over 2 stops of usable performance
>>
>>2951237
>how often do you need to shoot portraits at 1/5 wtf

Never, which is why I used it as a point.

>>2951241
>implying ibis is as important for wide angle shots.

Holy fuck anons, you're really outdoing yourselves today.
>>
>>2951241
when I had a lolympus, I consistently got sharp 1/2 second exposures at 24mm-equivalent, which is over 3 stops.
>>
>>2951246
>>implying ibis is as important for wide angle shots.
Well wide angle lenses usually have a smaller aperture wide open.
>>
File: iblis.jpg (16KB, 181x278px) Image search: [Google]
iblis.jpg
16KB, 181x278px
>ibis

this is all i could ever think of
>>
Olympus here.
We called it
>>
>>2951241
You have this backwards. I don't know how or where you got these random figures from. Maybe it has something to do with Sony in particular - IBIS in general is strongest at wide angle and weakest at telephoto. That's why the Olympus 300mm f/4 has it's own IS built-in, while any other shorter lens doesn't need it. (Dual IS specific systems excluded..)
>>
>>2951313
>I don't know how or where you got these random figures from
He just makes shit up to suit what he wants to say
>>
>>2951275
put an uwa lens on your camera, wobble it a tiny amount, observe how much the image moves.

Now put a telephoto lens on, wobble your camera a smidge, notice how nothing the same is in the frame?

Congratulations you've just discovered why ibis isn't as important the wider you go.

Real world situation? rule of thumb is double the fl for your minimum ss, so that's about 1/40th on an UWA, with 2 stops of ibis that gets you down to 1/10th of a second and from possibly iso 3200 down to iso 800.
>>
File: km7d06.jpg (25KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
km7d06.jpg
25KB, 480x360px
>>2951311
Sorry bro. Olympus was three years behind the company that pioneered sensor shift technology. And then passed it on to Sony.

http://camera-wiki.org/wiki/Konica_Minolta_Dynax_7D
>>
>>2951437
congratulations to konica minolta but that's not my point. Olympus modernized IBIS to the point of it being a must-have feature. At least, olympus specifix IBIS is so damn good that we (Olympus owners) have been sitting around wondering why ALL cameras didn't have it. Now sony is join-
>>
>>2951143
I have a bridge camera samsung and i was thingking to ket a dslr d3200 or something loke that with the lense kit
>>
>>2951079
>honestly unless you are a professional as in a person who makes a living from using a camera, there's almost no reason to use a dslr over mirrorless.

I actually totally agree with this. I'm a former pro who used to have a top of the line Nikon FF system, now I've got a Fuji mirrorless setup and love it. I don't need the extra edge that a DSLR would give me and it's not worth hauling around all that size and weight when nobody's paying me to do it. I see no reason for an amateur to need anything more than an APS-C mirrorless system unless they're shooting certain niche stuff.
>>
>>2951605
Agreed. I'm a former freelancer (it was never my main job, but had lots of work published), and switched from Nikon to m43 a couple years ago and I couldn't be happier with it. It's so much more comfortable than carrying around a bag full of FF gear, and I haven't run across a situation yet where I wish I had a DSLR instead. I really don't see any advantage to DSLRs except in a handful of special circumstances.
>>
Replaced my dslr with a Fuji X100T. Sometimes I even just walk around with a GoPro.
>>
>>2951909
Biggest thing I miss is the integrated flash commander for multiple strobes..
>>
>>2951313
>>2951322
At short focal lengths, IBIS becomes less efficient because the sensor has to be shifted by minuscule amounts, and precision of the actuators is limited.
At very long focal lengths, IBIS becomes less efficient because the sensor has to be shifted a lot, and its movement range is limited.

>That's why the Olympus 300mm f/4 has it's own IS built-in, while any other shorter lens doesn't need it.
Why did Olympus put lens IS in their new 12-100mm then?
>>
>>2951079
>got a nex
>posts pic of x-m1

fuck off
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.