[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What is the best way to make colors in image most vibrant? W

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_6119-3.jpg (133KB, 537x800px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6119-3.jpg
133KB, 537x800px
What is the best way to make colors in image most vibrant? Without color bleeding? here is image I found that is good to experiment. I tried vibrance and ok result. any other method? thank you for help, sorry english

raw file here is link to download ---> https://www.mediafire.com/?64uyodvbdkiakkf
>>
Her chest looks like she has jaundice, it looks awful.

Learn2eyes
>>
>>2950556
>I tried vibrance
Vibrance is really just going to increase saturation for certain ranges without touching yellow/orange/red too much.
>>
>>2950658
This isn't how vibrance works at all.
Saturation boosts everything, vibrance brings up the saturation of the less saturated areas.
>>
>>2950735
oh so that is not what I want. I want to make saturated areas like the makeup more saturated without looking like color is bleeding. any way to do that?

>>2950558
yes now I see that thank you
>>
>>2950735
>This isn't how vibrance works at all.
That is literally 50% of how it works, you fucktard. You're both right. Vibrance increases saturation in certain hues up to a certain point without clipping. It doesn't work the same universally across all hues, though. Skin tones are boosted much less.

Source: Fucking Adobe:
https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/adjusting-hue-saturation.html
>>
>>2950827
in this particular image the easiest way is to boost the saturation of individual colors in lr/acr. You could also make an adjustment layer w masks.The make up in this pic is already very saturated though so there's not much you can do
>>
>>2950556
You have Lightroom right? Mess with the HSL sliders to boost saturation or luminance of individual hues
>>
File: sat-boost.jpg (153KB, 537x800px) Image search: [Google]
sat-boost.jpg
153KB, 537x800px
>>2950840 The make up in this pic is already very saturated though so there's not much you can do
Agreed, it's already highly saturated, but there are a few tricks we can use to push it a bit further.

1. Darken the surrounding area (in this case the skin).
2. Desaturate the surrounding area and make sure there are no other highly saturated areas of the image to draw the eye from the areas you want to stand out. This is a perceptual thing. Can't do this too much here or it'll make her dead looking.
3. LAB color mode boost. Make a duplicate image, flatten, convert to LAB, make a levels adjustment layer, increase contrast of the A and B channels, mask to where you want it, flatten, and drag the merged layer back to the image. This tends to give a higher quality saturation boost without bleeding.
4. Dark background (this image already has it, nice work if you're the photographer)
5. If you want to get really tricky, you can mess with the Jacobs Ladder image breakdown method, because this lets you have some really bizarre control of the colors in the image, but that's a more experimental kind of thing.

I applied some of the stuff so you can see what I mean. Here's the psd: https://www.mediafire.com/?nudz3zz4ga2hia1
>>
>>2950989

Have you messed around with 3D Lut creator? I haven't seen you around since it got released.
>>
>>2950556

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareThio 9.6 (Android)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Created2016:10:21 21:08:09
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
>>
>>2950992
>3D Lut creator
No, I haven't tried it out yet. Is it worth messing around with? I've been working with developmentally disabled adults as a life skills coach during the day, and a commercial retoucher at night, so not as much tiime to experiment with stuff or contribute here as I used to have.
>>
>>2951058

I think it's incredible, personally. It's like LAB mode on steroids. Right up your alley.

I think you can check out a free full-featured demo from the website. Here's a corny video showing off what it can do.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3tyYjsYUrww
>>
>>2951060
TAKE MY MONEY LUT CREATOR. MUST HAVE!! Thanks so much for sharing that with me, you've blown my mind. That's going to speed up my workflow so much and allow me to experiment with color harmonies with ease.

>>2950989
Damn it, that's not how my edit was supposed to look. I just reinstalled windows and looks like my color spaces are messed up, It's too saturated. Looks like it's previewing the image in internet standard rgb, but then finalizing it in monitor rgb. Ugh. Hate it when that happens.
>>
File: sat-boost.jpg (144KB, 537x800px) Image search: [Google]
sat-boost.jpg
144KB, 537x800px
>>2950989
This is how the saturation is supposed to look. Actually my color space wasn't messed up, I forgot I had a proof setting toggled on. In the psd, slap a satuation -15 set to color blending mode above all the other layers.
>>
>>2951008

>Am I Kawaii? Uguu
>>
>>2951222
>https://www.mediafire.com/?64uyodvbdkiakkf
oml
what did you do to her skin
ugh
>>
>>2950989
>>2951222

You shoulda stayed away, people round here are under the impression you were actually good at editing. These are trash tier edits.

Never meet your heroes.
>>
File: Sat-boos2t.jpg (163KB, 537x800px) Image search: [Google]
Sat-boos2t.jpg
163KB, 537x800px
>>2951248
>>2951243
I'm guessing it was the heavy handed d&b or the darkening that you're finding hideous? lol sorry to ruin your impression of me, not every edit can be a winrar. Generally I use this board as an experimental ground because I know I'll get brutal honesty. I'll learn from your feedback and grow from it. Appreciate your critique.

Removed skin darkening and reduced D&B carving by 70%. If the skin is still ruined in your eyes, mind elaborating?
>>
This is what happens when you blow the leprican at the end of the rainbow to get his gold...
>>
>>2950989
thank you that helps me very much. I look up lab mode and its very interesting. tahk you for psd. I dont understand most, but interesting. how did you make the shapes on her chest more stand out? sorry hard to put in words. it looked more flat before. but you put curve layers and then it has more shadows and lights? same with face? how did you know where to paint on mask?

>>2950992
this very interesting too, thank you for link!
>>
File: IMG_6119.jpg (415KB, 1000x1492px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_6119.jpg
415KB, 1000x1492px
why are you all so incapacitate?
>>
>>2952158
More jaundice
>>
File: Rockwell seal of approval.png (55KB, 207x207px) Image search: [Google]
Rockwell seal of approval.png
55KB, 207x207px
>>2951008
Thread posts: 24
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.