[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

New acct dedicated solely to my photography and none of my personal

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (391KB, 640x1136px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
391KB, 640x1136px
New acct dedicated solely to my photography and none of my personal stuff mixed in

@physualizer

I started it today
>>
Was wondering the best way to grow your photo Instagram Accts??? Thought this would be the best place to ask :)
>>
>>2949526
1. Post stuff worth looking at

2. Follow people and like their pics
>>
>>2949538
I figured following others will help me branch out maybe get them to check out my stuff as well

But anyone on her have a lot of followers? like 10K and up?
>>
>>2949538
>>2949562
my goal is 10K by christmas

I figured it I post consistently with quality photos, could I get there?
>>
>>2949526
>>2949538
Basically this. It's statistically unlikely that your work will ever be present enough to gain any sort of recognition due to the sheer volume of people and content available on the platform. The best you can do is put in a lot of effort to attract as much attention as possible and hope from there.

1: Post frequently. If it isn't your personal Instagram account and none of your friends follow it then you should be posting four times a week to once a day. Make sure that the work is consistently good, it doesn't need to be a masterpiece every time but you cannot oscillate between pretty good and garbage.

2: Follow and like everything. For a lot of popular photography accounts (barring those people who are regularly featured on something like NatGeo) you will see that they follow a thousand or more accounts (or did at some point). This is because the more accounts they follow in a specific content region the more likely it is that they will show up on your explore and the explore of other people who follow similar accounts. Likewise those accounts like literally everything. Part of building an account is recognition and some of what you have to do is to just get your name out there. Even if you don't like a picture you see in explore you should like it because you do not want to discount the potential for one person to look at your work.

3: Utilize hubs. Tag your images with the hashtag or @ of daily content hubs. These are generally the best way to get noticed quickly. Make sure that you are tagging the relevant hubs and not just a wide swathe (IE: Don't tag an architecture hub if it's a portrait) otherwise your posts may never be considered by that hub.

If you do this and more for long enough you have a tiny chance that you will receive some recognition purely through instagram. Your work won't be respected and it will hardly endear itself to anyone but you will be popular. The best way at the end of the day is work your ass off.
>>
>>2949565
thanks for the info

I'm a marketing major so photography is more of a side hobby for me. My friends told me I should start a photography account so I decided to give it a try. Definitely seems like a lot of work to get myself out there at first, ect.

Thanks again for the info. Great advice. :)
>>
File: DSC01331-2.jpg (338KB, 1000x1250px) Image search: [Google]
DSC01331-2.jpg
338KB, 1000x1250px
>>2949562

I've got about 20K, gaining 1k-2k a month right now.

>>2949565
pretty much nailed it. Post good shit, interact with the community (although I don't follow hardly anyone), and be smart about hashtags and tagging in pics.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeSONY
Camera ModelILCE-7M2
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.0 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.0
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:09:09 20:36:18
Exposure Time1/2 sec
Exposure ProgramManual
ISO Speed Rating50
Brightness-3.8 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessHard
>>
>>2949598
If you don't mind me asking, whats your @ ?

Id love to check your feed out because I love that photo

I just started my account today but I have another thats private and I have about 1.2K, but those are all people I know personally from HS/College or just family friends
>>
>>2949605

sure man, @nateinthewild
>>
>>2949598
I only gain like maybe 50 a month! what's your strategy or some tips you can throw someone with 3k trying to get to 10k?
>>
>>2949598
>1/2 second

Really need to quadruple that, senpai. That water's not soft enough.
>>
>>2949632

The water was so not soft that the super long exposures just looked fuzzy rather than smooth. I dunno, I honestly wasn't super stoked on how any of them turned out down there but the sky was so nuts I had to keep at least one. :/
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.