[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you colour calibrate your monitors? What do you use? Thoughts?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 1

Do you colour calibrate your monitors? What do you use? Thoughts?

I'm planning to get one but it's really hard to tell differences between many models.
>>
I need to... but, first I need a better notebook...
>>
>>2949298
Really doesn't matter too much as people who view your stuff will always see something different, from phones to TVs, to computers, also doesn't matter unless professional work, but at that point you're invested and you can probably afford pricey monitors at $1000+ and they don't really need adjusted
>>
I use a ColorMunki because it was cheap and does well enough.

>>2949312
Nope. Even $3000-5000 monitors have to be calibrated. Higher end monitors give you a larger color gamut and stay accurately calibrated longer.

The goal of calibration for electronic viewing is to ensure the image has been created in an environment that is as accurate as possible so that the variance of color and density seen on other devices is due only to the inherent limits of that device and not compounded by the inaccuracy of the device on which it was created.

For print applications, color calibration is even more important since the print directly reflects the accuracy of the device on which it was created.
>>
>>2949358
Do you recalibrate your monitor every now and then? Do you adjust R G and B channels on monitor or does it only create *.icc colour profile?
>>
I eyeball it. I think I did a pretty good job. I'm also colour blind.
>>
>>2949358
>stay accurately calibrated longer.

This isn't CRT faggot. A digital signal is not going to "go out of calibration."
>>
I use xrite i1Display or something stupid like that. I have to look it up eery time I want to open the application becaus the name is so retarded. It's identical to >>2949358 except it has some more advanced features in the software

I had ordered a Spyder originaly but ended up cancelling for the xrite instead because I read they were simply more accurate

>>2949376
You should recalibrate your monitor periodically. I think the maximum xrite recommends is 4 or 6 weeks but obviously it depends
The software guides you to do preliminary adjustments of monitor brightness and RGB channels, then creates and applies a profile

>>2949408
Do a google then kys
>>
I always put this off for years, but now that I have more than enough money to enjoy, I might help myself. They make a really nice one that automatically detects and adjusts to ambient light temperature - really cool stuff.
>>
>>2949408
The physical pixels on your screen get worn out over time, and can go duller or shift in color. A calibration increases the life of your display by correcting these faults over time, as well as increasing your color accurate out of the box by negating any color profiling done in the display's firmware to give it a bolder, brighter image.
>>
>>2949408
You've obviously never used a calibrated display.
>>
>>2949376
At home I recalibrate every month or two. The lighting in my office is not controlled so I don't get too crazy about color accuracy there. At work I recalibrate every 2-4 weeks.

The calibration software will create an icc profile for you but you have to update it periodically by recalibrating.
>>
>>2949430
>>2949413
Fucking TOPKEK. This is only true for OLED screens.
>>
I always think about it when I see it on Slickdeals or deal sites but never bother.

Think my Ultrasharp is close enough for prints so far.
>>
>>2949411
>>2949433
Thanks.

I've heard some time ago of people buying cheaper ones and using some OpenSource calibration software that supposedly has features you get only if you get high end one. Does it ring a bell to anyone?
>>
>>2949452
Believe whatever you want, man. I've observed LCD monitors slowly go out of spec first hand.
>>
>>2949460
Never heard of it.
>>
>>2949460
colormunki and displaycal, it doesn't give a fuck about the firmware restrictions xrite puts in and uses it like the full i1
>>
>>2949460
>>2949516
DisplayCal with Agryll. Decent stuff, it's better than the software you get with the calibrator.
>>
>>2949537
Sounds good. I'll try it next time I need to calibrate.
>>
>>2949452
LCD monitors drift faster than OLED.
Do whatever you want, it's your photos that suffer at the end of the day.
>>
Just get a Macbook Pro with a 15" retina display.
>>
>>2949630
don't forget to post it on your facebook photography page, though
>>
>>2949630
>retina screens
Are shit straight out of the box, even after calibration they only hit about 80% argb. And pre calibration they are fucking miles off.
>>
>>2949904

*Citation needed.
>>
>>2950166
do a quick google, m8
it's 58% adobe rgb actually
>>
>>2949636

You say this like having a facebook photography page is a bad thing. That's an effective marketing technique that actual adults use in the real world to advertise products and services. Don't be such a hipster just because nobody wants to buy your shitty pictures.
>>
>>2950191

*Citation needed.
>>
>>2949616
so nothing of value was lost?
>>
>>2950301
notebookcheck.net/The-Best-Notebook-Displays-As-Reviewed-By-Notebookcheck.120541.0.html
lazy fuck
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.