[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Hi guys, would love some help here. So ive been reading, lurking,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 4

Hi guys, would love some help here.

So ive been reading, lurking, watching videos for what feels like forever now. I am not a rich man but I want to make movies very badly, at the age of 22 I feel my potential time frame to make such things happen is closing (though that may seem stupid, idk)

Anyhow, after lurking and almost buying a T5i I think I may have decided upon buying an old Panasonic GH2 and installing the Sanity hack but I cannot decide on what lens to get. I do not think I will be holding on to the GH2 for very long as I want to upgrade to a GH4 in a few months but right now I really want something to practice on.

With that in mind what lenses should I look at? The most popular lens that I have seen is the sigma 18-35, im not sure if I would need a converter for this lens though.

What do you guys think I should get? Am I making a bad decision buy getting the GH2? There are so many fucking cameras and they all have flaws and depending on who you ask you will always get a different answer...

>Inb4 get a sony a7s
I would love to but no they do not go under 1k.
>>
>>2949049
my tipp is to use the video thread.
>>
>>2949049
Same doubts as yours.
Gone for a G7.
Goddamit camera, is perfect, and a wonderfull way to practice on.
I'll dump some screenshots from some frames of scenes I've made.
Remember, moreover, it's not important the camera, but what you have in the front of it
>>
File: 2016-10-19 (4).png (643KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-19 (4).png
643KB, 1920x1080px
>>2949389
>>
File: 2016-10-19 (5).png (853KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-19 (5).png
853KB, 1920x1080px
>>2949391
This two were taken with a 1.4 old lens, no stabilizer, on g7. (The lens is a C/Y planar zeiss)
Go old lenses and good camera body, for 4k.
Remember to look at the sensor size.
>>
>>2949394
damn that looks beautiful, what program were you using for post and how much did you end up spending for the lens and body?

Also did you hack it?
>>
>>2949398
The photography was cured with DaVinci Resolve, with the only assistance of one reflector and one non-studio light.
The body is 600€ with no lens, but you can find it for 500€. I bought it with a kit lens for 608€, 14-42 pancake, autofocus and stabilization.
I got the other lens for 80+60€ for repairing, it's a 1994 lens, not produced anymore. 15€ for the adaptor.
But I repeat: It's all a matter of light, acting, composition, rather then the camera itself. Again, it's important that you look for 4k body, since it's becoming the standard.
>>
>>2949414
Thanks man, will look into it right now.

And thank you for the tips, I really do appreciate it.
>>
File: 2016-10-19 (1).png (809KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
2016-10-19 (1).png
809KB, 1920x1080px
>>2949416
No problem, just some tips ;) I'm inexperienced too.
I suggest you to learn how to obtain the result you want with photography first, then you invest money on a better sistems to get better. I'm also 20, doing it for passion, and I only upgrade my shitty camera when I felt more confident, so about 3-4 years I started shooting...
It's a long way, we have all the time to improve and get always better.
>>
>>2949049 (OP)
Another Poster here.
I also have a G7. I make documentaries and "impressions of places" with it.
Look at this thread for further guidance.
>>2949470
Don't get a kitlens though.
Kitlenses are pretty bad. The 14-140mm seems like a good deal, but you'll soon realize that because it is dim as fuck, it wil,l not suffice for almost any shooting situation. Adapted manual lenses are fun to play with and can create some amazing pictures.
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.