[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

hi /p/ I'm looking to a camera system to invest in, the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

File: fe70-200f2-95.8GM1.jpg (123KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
fe70-200f2-95.8GM1.jpg
123KB, 1000x1000px
hi /p/

I'm looking to a camera system to invest in, the Sony A6300 seems nice for me as it have good 4k, good quality photo and a viewfinder. But why are lenses so expensive?

Canon 70-200 f/2.8 is 1400€
Sony 70-200 f/2.8 is 3000€

I've heard that Canon is way better than Sony in optics and btw I won't spend 3000€ on a lens. So if I look at the f/4 version, it's 1500€ for Sony and 600€ for Canon, again...

My question is, should I go for a Metabones speedbooster EF to Sony E ?

The speedbooster itself cost 800€ and canon lenses are cheaper, plus I will have this extra light/fov/bokeh on any lenses.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
>>
>>2948161
> But why are lenses so expensive?
Because they orient themself on Canon's new pricing, I guess.

Also for the f/2.8 because it's the best such glass.

> Metabones speedbooster
You could do that or a Sigma MC-11.
>>
>>2948161
Some will argue that speed boosters degrade quality, and they can slightly at 1:1 pixel peeing, but the amount that speed boosters damage IQ is neglibilge.
Economics is the reason for the high Sony lens price, E mount lenses are newer and they're hot shit on the market with high demand.
Go for the canon lens+ speed booster, you may want to wait a bit to buy your a6300, the a6500 is releasing soon and you could possibly save a couple hundred on the a6300 body if you're willing to wait a few months.
>>
>investing in digipleb camera system
thanks for the laff m8
>>
>>2948161
>I've heard that Canon is way better than Sony in optics
By the way, this is wrong. Sony has a lot of lenses that are better than the Canons, though it's especially primes.
>>
>>2948161
>I'm looking to a camera system to invest in

Invest, huh?

I guess an old Leica or Hasselblad in pristine condition.
Make sure to store it away so it doesn't rust or get fungus.
Might make a small profit in 50 years time.
>>
>>2948173
mhhh no I'm not into these 15.000 cameras as money is an issue, I'm a student
>>
>>2948173
Don't fall for the Leica meme OP
>>
>>2948169
>a lot of lenses
Sory does not have a lot of anything in the lens department. They do release a new body every few weeks so you'll use up all your money staying up to date with those. You won't need lenses anyway Sory users don't take pictures
>>
>>2948200
Stop gearfagging the thread
>>
>>2948187
>wants to invest
>doesn't have money
>>
>>2948169

How so? Canon's updated lenses, such as the 24-70 2.8L II and the 70-200 2.8L II are wonderful lenses and plenty sharp wide open. Even many of the older primes and L zooms are great in their own right.

I'm not doubting that Sony, or anyone else for that matter, can beat Canon's glass. What I do doubt is the cost vs performance of Sony's lenses. I guess, in a way, you are payi
>>
>>2948229
...you are paying for the mount, I meant to say.
>>
>>2948229
The canon 70 200 2.8 ii is is only marginally cheaper than the sony equivalent, and the sony is better.

Sony currently goes after 2 ends of the market, hobbyists that want to use cheap lenses via adapters, and those that want the very best of everything. They are starting to fill the middle, with their cheap 28 and 50mm lenses, and there's a rumored 20, 85 and 135 coming.
>>
>>2944501
>>
>>2948241
The Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Lens is $1,949 at B&H. The Sony FE 70-200mm f/2.8 GM OSS Lens is $2,598 at B&H. $649 is not marginally cheaper.
>>
>>2948242
Eat shit.
>>
Just buy an XT2
>>
>>2948254
How much is it for a canon body with ibis that doesn't turn to shit over iso 800?
>>
>>2948161
http://www.investopedia.com/university/economics/economics3.asp
>>
>>2948161
this is bait
>>
Sony lenses might be co made by zeiss which is a really good glass maker
>>
>>2948575
No full frame camera made in the last 10 years sucks at ISO 1600.

I think IBIS is great but you are acting like a camera without it is shit. We have been getting along just fine without it for many years.
IS and tripods come to mind.

Again, I think it's cool and can't wait to get it but you seem to think without it you are fucked.
>>
>>2949228
>implying canon can handle iso 800.

Lol,memes.
>>
>>2948231
>>2948229

>paying for the mount

You are to a degree. Sony tends to launch stuff at a high price then drop it over time. The SEL70200GM is brand new, so you are paying quite the markup. It will probably drop to $2-2.5k in a year or so. The SEL90M28G is down to $900 from a launch price of $1500, and it is the best lens of its type made to date.

You are also comparing lenses without IS to those with it. That makes a huge difference in pricing.
>>
>>2948161
for the cost of a metabuns speedbooster, just get an a7r2.
i suggest the a6500 + sigma mc11.
telephoto doesn't matter on a crop body.

>>2948187
if you're poor get a panasonic g7 or g80 instead.
get fast af primes and if you need manual focus, zhongyi lens turbo + canon fd or minolta md lenses.
>>
>>2951736

a7ii w/ Techart Pro gives you autofocus with M, MD, and pretty much anything that can be adapted to M-mount. Worth taking a look at if you are into vintage lenses.
>>
>>2951741
No.

It's not a proper focusing mech, it moves the whole lens, it leads to softness, and its slow and has a limited focus range.

If you're poor, use dumb adapters
If you're poor but need af, use an mc-11 and eos glass
If you're not poor, use sony glass
If you're rich use sony gm and zeiss glass

There's so many options for lenses on sony it's insane
>>
>>2951754

>moves the whole lens
>this leads to softness

That is how most M mount lenses manually focus. It does not affect sharpness on most lenses.

>slow

Firmware 4.0 is damn fast with shorter focal ranges. Still not as fast as native e, but very usable.

>limited focal range

This is true, it really only works upto about 100mm. After that you have to prefocus first.

It also has a weight limit of about 700g.
>>
>>2951756
>thats how m mount lenses work

Not according to these 3 leica lenses in front of me.
>>
>>2951754
psst.
all the vintage lens move the whole lens to focus.
>>
The MC11 works well with many lenses on the A6300 iirc. Including many non sigma. You could get 70-200 sigma or tamron (or Canon).

The Sony 70-200 f/4 is pretty good too. Yes a stop slower but lower cost and weight is also lower.
>>
>>2951787
Lol, no.
>>
>>2951801

Most I have used do so.

How else do you think the close focus adapter works? It just increases how far the lens can focus.
>>
>>2951787
A lot did, and it was garbage, leading to imperfect corrections at all but one particular focus distance. They often bragged about single floating elements to correct this. Modern lenses don't do this at all, since we have the ability to move as many elements around as we want.
Thread posts: 35
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.