[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Fuji GX680 OR >Mamiya RZ67 So basically, I want one of

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0316.jpg (464KB, 1024x1024px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0316.jpg
464KB, 1024x1024px
>Fuji GX680
OR
>Mamiya RZ67

So basically, I want one of these setups for shooting architecture.

The Fuji setup has the bellows and the Mamiya has 2 decent Shift lenses (and also bellows??)

To be honest, the only reason I am considering the Mamiya RZ67 is because I have the chance to get a mamiya 645AF for a good price from a friend.

Also, I imagine the Shift lenses could be adapted too the GFX.. But what about the weird GX680 lenses? Could they also somehow be adapted to the GFX?

What is the better SYSTEM for shooting architecture? Thanks.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1024
Image Height1024
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2947108

I meant to add that the 645AF comes with some lenses that could be used on the RZ67 which I could purchase at a later date.
>>
>I want one of these setups for shooting architecture.

why don't you save yourself a lot of money and get a 4x5? Rail cameras are free to cheap, and lenses are a fraction of that you will pay for some weirdo MF lens. What you save you can spend on film, and when you want to go digital get a scan back.
>>
>>2947119
I normally disagree with this, but a scanning back is actually a valid option if you're shooting architecture exclusively. Just get a compact camera for everything else.
>>
>>2947108
I don't know about the shift lenses you're talking about, but are they ONLY shift? Tilt is more important that shift for archtiecture, although leaving yourself only able to do one of either will be kinda shitty.
>>
>>2947125

Shift is far more important for architecture
>>
File: 00G7DN-29523484.jpg (88KB, 640x426px)
00G7DN-29523484.jpg
88KB, 640x426px
Can someone please help me out?

Would an RB67 with bellows not be sufficient for architecture? The problem is, I have not used bellows before and am not totally clear on their purpose.

I like the idea of the RB67 because it is fully mechanical but there is no wide shift lens for the RB system (only the RZ which is not fully mechanical) the RB is also a lot more affordable.

I saw that you can get bellows for the RB.. Are they just for focus?? Sorry for noob question, I am an digifag, but I want to up my architecture game this is my first time even looking at MF and LF gear.

I just want a good MF camera that does not cost 3k that has some good versatility for shooting architecture (interiors and exteriors).

Thanks

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS D30
Camera SoftwareACD Systems Digital Imaging
Maximum Lens Aperturef/2.5
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Serial Number0186910058
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution180 dpi
Vertical Resolution180 dpi
Image Created2006:04:18 15:54:40
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/10.0
ISO Speed Rating800
Lens Aperturef/10.0
Exposure Bias0 EV
Subject Distance0.00 m
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length50.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width640
Image Height426
Image Number433-3374
>>
>>2947125
kek
typical /p/ user spouting shit they mis-remembered after reading some random article once and then considering themselves an expert. fuck off.

the answer to OP's question is a Toyo or similar monorail and a 90mm f/8 from Schneider, Rodenstock, Nikon, or Fuji. Can be had for under $400. Make sure your tripod isn't fucking garbage though.
>>
>>2947181
The RB/RZ has a bellows but the lens plane is not moveable. Yes there are some tilt lenses available, but at a considerable premium.

The GX680 is really the camera I would suggest. It has a fully moveable lens plane, and so you get T/S with all lenses, not just specific ones. Plus it's a *slightly* wider format.
>>
>>2947181
>I like the idea of the RB67 because it is fully mechanical
When will the fully mechanical meme die? Would buying a $1 pack of LR44s that last forever really kill you?
>>
>>2947108
Get the GX680, the increased range of bellows movements will be better for you, better yet get a LF system. The GX680 is HUGE and heavy.
>>2947197
>tfw went out to shoot with my Bronica SQ-Ai
>tfw fell for the electronic shutters are fine meme
>camera salesman said batteries would last forever
>go to take a shot
>shutter fails
>oh shit
>check everything
>flip camera over
>remove battery and replace with 4 batteries I just keep in my bag
>shit works
wew, nearly had to stop shooting because I could have forgotten less than 50g of weight with my several kilogram camera system.
>>
>>2947229
>>2947197
Zombie apocalypse

Mechanical 1 electronic 0
>>
>>2947108
Both of those cameras are extremely big and heavy, especially the Fuji. If you're willing to carry that much weight, you'd be better off with a 4x5 field or monorail camera.

The RZ is a poor choice for architecture because of the lack of perspective control lenses. The Fuji has lens movements, but they're limited with the widest lens because it has a smaller image circle. The widest lens for the GX680 is 50mm, which may not be enough.

It just seems stupid to me to give up the flexibility of a 4x5 camera when there's no real advantage to the MF SLRs you've picked.

>>2947197
I very much prefer electronic shutters. They either work or they don't, no need for periodic maintenance. Batteries are way cheaper than CLAs, and it's getting harder to find competent people to work on mechanical cameras.
>>
>>2947119

p much this.

I paid like 30 bucks for my Graphic View mono and it's got full movements. My glass was cheap too, I have an Ektar 127 with not much wiggle room for movements but my Schneider 180 can cover 5x7 stopped down and I think I paid 85 bucks with the Synchro-Compur shutter.

If you're working with color I'd get a newer coated lens but the 127 rendered colors pretty well.

I'd go for a Schneider 90 Angulon I believe it has some more movements than the 72 which is notoriously tight.
>>
>>2948340
I'm actually trying to get rid of a monorail and a 90mm Super Angulon MC, along with a mint-condition 1940's Crown Graphic. Not a cheap monorail, though. Trying to get back what I paid, which is 400 for the system, including the boards. Cambo SCX.
>>
>>2949486
400 CAD.
>>
The GC is a better choice. The shifts on the mamiya still won't correct a tall building as much as the GX. I want one, but they parts are so hard to find now. My RB is plenty fun tho. Don't forget to budget at least 250 for a new tripod and head.
>>
680GX owner here (with the 80mm5.6 and 180mm3.2). You can get very good deals for cameras in top condition, somewhat nobody care about it (in comparison to mamiya). It is indeed really electronic, but it's also build like a tank so i don't know if it is really worst than an all mechanical.
Camera operates really smoothly, viewfinder is great... but like already mentionned you have to be ready to lift weight.
If you go for it i strongly suggest the version III as you can put standard batteries in.
4x5 can sure be a better idea, but it's a different approach (with the GX, you can shoot quicker).
>>
>>2947181
If you want a camera with movements that's around the same size you can save up and get a Rollei SL66, it's also bellows focusing and has tilt, as well some lenses for it can be mounted in reverse natively for macro work
>>
>>2952769
The SL66's tilt is limited by how far the bellows are extended, so when focusing for architecture the movements will be very limited
>>
>>2948018
>Zombie apocalypse
kys redditor
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.