[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>K1000 sticky mirror How hard are these cameras to repair?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0315.jpg (37KB, 437x337px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0315.jpg
37KB, 437x337px
>K1000 sticky mirror

How hard are these cameras to repair? I found one at a local goodwill with a 50mm f/2 and 35mm f/3.5.. They wanted like $60 but said I could make an offer because I told them the body was broken.

It was in relatively good condition EXCEPT the mirror would go very slow on the way up after you pressed the shutter.. But then after it got up and I could press the shutter again and it would return at regular speed. It was just the mirror that was sticky but the shutter was working fine and at correct speeds.

Is this a common problem? Could it be easy to fix? Or should I just forget about it?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width437
Image Height337
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
File: 1476148182527.jpg (1MB, 1600x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1476148182527.jpg
1MB, 1600x1000px
> $60

That's not even a good price for one that's mint desu
>>
>>2946723
sounds like it just needs a bit of oil. should be pretty simple fix. see if you can find a pdf of the owners manual online
>>
>>2946728

On eBay they are selling for like $300... They aren't as cheap anymore.
>>
>>2946732
lol
>>
spend that 60 on an me super instead

acquire 28mm 2.8 and 50mm 1.4
>>
>>2946756
Just get the 50mm M f1.7 instead, quarter of the price and slightly better IQ
>>
>>2946759
you can get a pristine pentax-m 50mm 1.4 on ebay for 50 dollars shipped

I'd take the half of stop of light with roughly the same iq for roughly the same price
>>
>>2946763
>for roughly the same price
You can get the 1.7 for $20 shipped.

I'm just guessing OP is trying to save some money, and if he doesn't need that extra half stop then there's no real point in paying extra.
>>
>>2946770
Considering he can get an me super and that 50 1.4 for about 65 looking at ebay prices and looking at all the completely functional 15 dollar me supers that are up there

I think he was more worried about spending that much on a camera that should be like five bucks at goodwill that is even not functional

But yeah if he really doesn't give a shit he could get an me super the 50 1.7 and a 28 2.8 further down the line
>>
>>2946723
I had a similar problem and I just played about with it a lot shooting many pics without any film in the camera and eventually it just went away. ME super though.
>>
>he fell for the mirrored jew
>>
File: original.jpg (130KB, 1200x798px) Image search: [Google]
original.jpg
130KB, 1200x798px
>>2946723

Just buy an ME Super that works

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeNIKON CORPORATION
Camera ModelNIKON D700
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Windows)
PhotographerCraig Ballingall
Maximum Lens Aperturef/3.2
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Color Filter Array Pattern1062
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)60 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2015:09:03 11:50:52
White Point Chromaticity0.3
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/4.5
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating1600
Exposure Bias1 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length60.00 mm
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1200
Image Height798
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.