[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is that a brenizer shot? No way you can create such shallow DOF

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: 1476212229928.jpg (1MB, 1024x1536px) Image search: [Google]
1476212229928.jpg
1MB, 1024x1536px
Is that a brenizer shot? No way you can create such shallow DOF with a single shot and wide FOV.

EXIF says it was shot with a Canon 1Ds, 165mm at f/3.5
>>
>>2944787
Keep in mind that aperture isn't the only thing that affects depth of field. Focal length and focusing distance both play a role. At a very long focal length of 165mm (not a wide field of view by any stretch of the imagination) and a close focusing distance that's barely head and shoulders, this is completely plausible.

You wouldn't believe what a Canon 200mm f/1.8 or f/2 would do to a shot like this.
>>
>>2944790

I own a D800 + 200 2.0 myself but never managed to create such a sharp transition from focused to completely blurry parts without bokeh stitching.
>>
>>2944803
Well, I simply find that impossible to believe.
>>
>>2944803
I had a nice separation on an APS-C camera and 70-200/2.8 at 100mm or so at f/4.
>>
Totally plausible:

>http://www.tawbaware.com/maxlyons/calc.htm

>Dimensional Field of View Calculator
>Lens focal length (mm): 165mm
>Focal length multiplier: 1
>Distance to Subject: 1.5m
>FOV (horizontal) (meters): 0m 32.73cm

>Depth of Field Calculator:
>Focus/Subject distance: 1.5m
>Lens focal length (mm): 165mm
>Aperture: f/3.5
>Circle of confusion (mm): 0.019mm
>Depth of field: 0m 0.98cm ~ 1cm

>Nikon, that hard to believe.
>>
File: caw2.jpg (26KB, 411x289px) Image search: [Google]
caw2.jpg
26KB, 411x289px
>>2944787
Is that the Dad of the girl Jane on Breaking Bad???
>>
>>2944787
You could do a shot like that with a 50mm 1.8 at the closest minimum focus distance.
>>
>>2944899

No, it's Q.
>>
>>2944900

lol
>>
>>2944914
Holy shit, it is him! I didn't know a godlike entity can age. But at least the way he does is godlike entity-like.
>>
>>2944787
3.5 at full frame creates a surprisingly shallow depth of field especially at 165mm, it's totally possible
>>
>>2944900
You'd need closer to f1.0 to match a 165mm f3.5
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.