[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I have a question about 360 degree photography and video. A client

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: A 360 degree image.jpg (4MB, 10000x3028px) Image search: [Google]
A 360 degree image.jpg
4MB, 10000x3028px
I have a question about 360 degree photography and video. A client came to me and wants to do some 360 degree imagery of their exterior and rooftop to show the beauty and to allow interactivity of their location. I told them I've never done this before but they are a good client so I'm willing to rent the equipment, give it a shot, and give them a final verdict in a week.

So I've been playing with a rental now for a couple days and I'm having issues in two areas.

First, how do you film something without seeing yourself? This is assuming you are dollying down a path. I don't have any electronic carts, so I tried mounting it to a stabilizer but I can still see myself in much of the frame. I have kind of gotten around this by cutting off the bottom ~15% of the imagery, but was wondering if there were better methods you could introduce me to.

2nd: What programs would you suggest to stitch everything together? The device I use stiches the imagery automatically in video, but not photography. And the program I was told to use is kind of "cheap" feeling and doesn't stitch very well and I have to go through a ton of imagery to make minor corrections. It wouldn't be a big deal if it was just a few images, but I'm looking at timelapses and it is a nightmare.

Suggestions?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS6 (Windows)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width10000
Image Height3028
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Pixel CompositionRGB
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:10:10 13:47:37
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width10000
Image Height3028
>>
do your own homework.
>>
File: 11547441_gal.png.jpg (21KB, 462x252px) Image search: [Google]
11547441_gal.png.jpg
21KB, 462x252px
>be /p/
>implying pro
>aspiring pro
>fanboi pro
>implies pros should fuck off
>>
>>2944268
Clearly you didn't read.

Already did my homework, now I'm seeking advice on technique on a board that frequently discusses technique. That is part of this communal forum. Please go back to /b/ if you are going to troll.

>>2944368
I pointed out my situation. Wasn't implying anything. Not sure where you got the thought of implications from.

Your two responses are exactly why this board is so slow. I'm not sure what provoked such ignorant responses but why don't you prove how much better you are by answering the questions asked? OR show me how much better you are instead of acting like I some how insulted you.

Serious question here: What did I post that made you so angry and why? I frequent this board often and see lots of responses like yours negatively impacting peoples' experience here. I, myself, post many things to help people where I can. Every now and then a couple like yourselves pop up out of the wood work. Just curious to know what your drive is.

>also

Why would you discourage something that this board was created for?
>>
>>2945445
I would potentially put it on a timer or use a remote with a timer to safely get out of the shot honestly.
>>
>>2944261
Ignore the idiots OP, I think your post is well fitted for this board. I, however, lack the knowledge to help you.
>>
>>2945445
>Why would you discourage something that this board was created for?

you realise you're on 4chan, right?

anyways yeah nah either a remote shutter release or a timer to keep yourself out of the shot, or hold it just above your head to minimise the impact you have on the video. If you had a dolly it'd be a lot easier, could you not rent one?
>>
>>2945445
I was replying to this douchenozzle:
>>2944268
...obviously.
>>
>>2945552
OP here, sorry, my mistake.
>>
>>2945551
I can rent one, sure, but a lot of the areas I shoot go up and down landscapes, staircases, etc. I'll just have to plan that out.

>>2945536
Timer works for photo but not for video. I'll probably figure out a slider of some sorts that will auto stop at the end of the slide.

Thanks for the help.
>>
ptgui
kolor autopano
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.