[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How do you record the "EXIF" for your film cameras?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: EXIF.jpg (3MB, 4608x2327px) Image search: [Google]
EXIF.jpg
3MB, 4608x2327px
How do you record the "EXIF" for your film cameras?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeHUAWEI
Camera ModelHUAWEI NXT-AL10
Camera SoftwareNXT-AL10C00B368
Sensing MethodOne-Chip Color Area
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)27 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Image Width3456
Image Height4608
Number of Bits Per Component8, 8, 8
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution96 dpi
Vertical Resolution96 dpi
Image Created2016:10:10 14:17:14
Exposure Time33333/1000000 sec
F-Numberf/2.0
Exposure ProgramNormal Program
ISO Speed Rating160
Lens Aperturef/2.0
Brightness0 EV
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceDaylight
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length4.04 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width4608
Image Height2327
RenderingCustom
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlNone
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
Subject Distance RangeUnknown
>>
Subject, location/lighting, shutter/aperture, and a section for image review note once the roll is developed. Each section headlined by film stock.
>>
My Fujifilm camera records it automatically.
>>
File: data back.jpg (128KB, 812x616px) Image search: [Google]
data back.jpg
128KB, 812x616px
>he carries around a notebook to write down literally just about everything a data back designed for the camera does
>>
>>2944137
>welcome to argentina where it was FUCKING hard to just get this camera
>>
>>2944140
then buy a digital camera you stupid cuck
>>
>>2944140
You can seriously get a data back shipped from japan for 30 dollars
>>
I don't, I just count my rolls and know where, when, what and in which conditions I'm going to shoot beforehand and this information goes nowhere out of my head until rolls are processed, scanned and catalogued
Because film is fucking expensive these days and it's stupid to use it without good reason and or withot appropriate prep.
To me it sees like it's may be useful only when you're walking around shooting aimlessly and/or learning. Or, you know, just doing a fuckton of images while working on a journalistic assignment (which, let's face it, none of you ever will)
>>
>>2944145
Yes. That's the solution.
Fuck you.

>>2944146
I'm afraid that would be hard too. Due to new politics, we can't import anything from other countries... ¬¬
>>
>>2944154
>I'm afraid that would be hard too. Due to new politics, we can't import anything from other countries... ¬¬

I'm pretty sure buying something from another country and getting it shipped to your country isn't importing since you're not buying it to sell it as a commodity

That being said what kind of shithole is argentina
>>
>>2944167
You are right, but it does not work like that.
Just don't import, don't buy, nothing from other countries.
Argentine supremacy! Protect national production!
And all that shit...

What kind of shithole? The one that passes a law where you can't buy a shit outside the country to promote national industries BEFORE there is at least one industry building that product.

And fuck old stuff like this camera accessories. Because, yeah, fuck you, want to take photos? We don't care. Maradona, futbol, asado, hur dur white european supremacy.
>>
I don't.

Who cares?
>>
I meter for my 67 using a digital camera, and use all the same settings. One digital exposure for equivalence, one for exposure, and one on provia.
>>
>>2944186
I'm doing it because it's my first film. And the camera was used. I just wanted to check if the meter is working correctly, and all that stuff...
>>
>>2944188
That's a good one.
Pentax 67?
>>
>>2944190
Nah mamiya
>>
>>2944170
Sounds like what Hungary is becoming in a few years.
Also H982 FKL
>>
File: 20160803_160343.jpg (1MB, 1408x2062px) Image search: [Google]
20160803_160343.jpg
1MB, 1408x2062px
I always meter by eye so I just write a random EV values that I think is correct for the main photo and bracket it one stop under/over with the same speed.

Equipment MakeLG Electronics
Camera ModelLG-D855
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Exposure Time1/60 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
ISO Speed Rating50
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length3.97 mm
Comment FocusArea=111111111
Image Width1408
Image Height2062
White BalanceAuto
Altitude0.00 m
>>
>>2944132
How do you scan your negatives?
>>
>>2944194
>H982 FKL

nobody here is going to get that reference
>>
>>2944194
>Also H982 FKL
LOL hahahaha didn't know about that
googled "Also H982 FKL camera" and take me a time till I got it
>>
>>2944194
>>2944200
>>2944203
Seems like it was a famous event outside argentina but here nobody knew about it...

>>2944200
here = /p/ ?
or
here = argentina?
>>
>>2944198
Never did it yet. It's my first film. Been shooting to practice manual focus and the meter mostly (also have a D7000, and this f301 is my first film) and didn't finished it yet.

How you do it? Some advice?
>>
>>2944148
So, then, for what you use film for?
>>
>>2944196
>wasting 3 frames
>implying 1 stop bracket is enough to make a difference, considering exposure latitude
I'd understand a 3 stop bracket, but you shouldn't be off by 3 EV in your estimate, unless it's night time and it's hard to judge EV.
>>
>>2944188
So you're carrying two cameras sempai ?
>>
>>2944208
I guess you can call it "professional" use. Personally I'm only shooting with middle format camera projects that have potential to be exhibited. Have access and tried large format but that's just too expensive and pain in the ass to process.
But you can shoot commercial architecture stuff, do photoshoots that cover your expenses etc.
And at this point in time I don't see a reason to use 35mm film anymore, aside from lo-fi/lomo stuff with point-and-shoot cameras, just for a specific flavor of it, but you don't need to write exifs for it (and you'll probably be too busy being wasted to write anything down anyway).
But as soon as there will be enough affordable digital middle-format cameras, as one that fuji announced, I'm going to drop film alltogether,
>>
>writing stuff down
>being this much of a giganigga
I guess I could understand if you were some sort of retarded landscape fag who can't calculate reciprocity and is too poor to bracket a shot.

I honestly don't see the point in writing something down, I know that about 8 times out of 10 my SS is going to be 1/125 or 1/250. My aperture? Depends on the location, I can probably see what I used from the picture alone.
What should I be worrying about? Being a huge retard who misses focus on a shot. That's something I can't write down.

>>2944220
That depends on if the shitter is aware of reciprocity failure.
>>
>>2944132
On film? I just make bullshit up after I scan it
>>
File: 20160525_001225.jpg (1MB, 1920x1771px) Image search: [Google]
20160525_001225.jpg
1MB, 1920x1771px
>>2944220
You're absolutely right senpai. But since I overmeter it I alwalys get a picture regardless. I started bracketing after pic related, it's better to waste 2, 3 frames than have no photo after developing but I usually don't do it with 120 film because it's only 12 frames. Outdoors I don't bracket because sunny 16 is correct 99% of the time.

>>2944206
Put your negatives over a DIY light table and take a picture with your dslr or smartphone.

Equipment MakeLG Electronics
Camera ModelLG-D855
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Exposure Time1/100 sec
F-Numberf/2.4
ISO Speed Rating50
Exposure Bias0 EV
Metering ModeCenter Weighted Average
FlashNo Flash
Focal Length3.97 mm
Comment FocusArea=111111111
Image Width1920
Image Height1771
White BalanceAuto
Altitude0.00 m
>>
>>2944223
Sure, why not? My mirrorless camera takes up less space than a box of provia.
>>
>>2944132
I don't, why would I
lol
>>
>>2944384
Why you think you don't need to?
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.