[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Just bought my first dslr today - christ, i didn't realize

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

File: 1463000067746.jpg (88KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1463000067746.jpg
88KB, 480x360px
Just bought my first dslr today - christ, i didn't realize they were so loud. How am I going to take photos now without anyone around noticing? :-/

Do you often find the sound to be awkward when you're out in public? I don't think I can do it, bros..

>pic unrelated
>>
>>2943608

cucked.
>>
6d with quiet shutter mode
>>
>>2943608
I assume you got a Nikon. Should've went with a Pentax with their quiet shutter and creamy mirror flap sound.
>>
>>2943625

Went for a Canon.. It's honestly embarassing how loud it is
>>
>>2943608
If you're trying to be covert, use a compact with a leaf shutter
People will notice you carrying a big ass dslr anyways
>>
>>2943645
>not feeling a surge of testosterone every time you release the shutter

What a fucking faggot.
>>
>>2943660
>not fapping to the shutter sound
Fucking normies
>>
>>2943608
>he didn't get a mirrorless with silent mode
hahahahaha.
even with the mechanical shutter, mirrorless are quieter because no mirror slap.
try shooting in live view.
>>
>How am I going to take photos now without anyone around noticing?
I shoot a medium format SLR. The sound is totally inconspicuous because it's unlike anything people commonly associate with cameras. OTOH japs are often uncomfortable around my camera because it reminds them of the Hiroshima explosion.
>>
>>2943645
Oh. Then you shouldn't be so upset, it is much much worse on a Nikon. We call it a thunderclack.
I once heard a Nikon DSLR go off across the street 100m away in a thick crowd moving around on a street festival.
>>
If I'm using a big noisy dslr I just go the extra step and make sure to disorient them as much as possible by using a powerful flash right in their face

They're now blinded and deafened
>>
Cmon. It's not THAT loud and most importantly: nobody really cares. Somebody may turn his head, notices you take a picture and carry on with his life. Also it might sound loud just for you because your head is near the camera for other far away it's just soft slap sound.
>>
>Dslr
>complain about the loud shutter

you get what you buy anon. Should have gone for the mirrorless.
>>
>>2943625
>DSLR
>loud
Try shooting a Medium format SLR. People will stop in their tracks and turn to you.

Shutter sound isn't so bad from a distance. In a street most people won't notice.
>>
>>2943608
https://youtu.be/OP44dXn2Q-w?t=4m17s
>>
>>2943791
>not using a fast shutter speed to underexpose and then freezing the action by throwing a flashbang grenade
fuckin Casuals
>>
>>2943608
>Do you often find the sound to be awkward when you're out in public?

No, never. In fact it's great for shooting strangers. The first quick burst gets their attention with expressions of surprise through recognition. People love that noise. It used to be even better in film days when the clicks were punctuated with the sound of the power winder.

People who want to tip-toe around silently and discretely are creeps. Don't be ashamed to own what you do
>>
>>2943608
Some cameras have a quiet shutter mode, but most of them allow you to lock the shutter up and take a photo without the shutter firing. It just means you need to use the screen to compose
>>
>>2943608
It only sounds loud because tis right next to your fucking face. From more than afew feet away its pretty quiet. I wouldnt worry,
>>
>>2943608
take it off auto you fag, other than that, get used to the sound of a shutter, it should make you hard.
>>
>>2943798
the pentacon six actually has a quieter shutter than most dslr's outside of silent shutter mode

But yeah hassys and mamiyas are loud enough to startle Hellen keller
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.