[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What mistakes do y'all catch yourselves making out in the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: magic.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
magic.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
What mistakes do y'all catch yourselves making out in the field?

I *constantly* forget to change my white balance when switching from flash to natural lighting. Raw post-processing saves the day once again!
>>
>´Too nervous and picking a too long exposure for moving objects.
>Releasing when the lense hasn't focused yet.
>Thinking that everything is sharp, based on the camera's monitor.
And probably a lot more. God, I'm too impatient many times. Breath a few times, and get adjusted to your surroundings first.
>>
>>2942181
>thinking that everything is sharp, based on the camera's monitor

Guilty of this as well
>>
>>2942178
you still had the wrong object in focus you retard.
>>
>>2942178
I forget to change ISOs, especially when changing from outside to inside.
Most commonly it's just a difference of 2 stops, but sometimes I have an outside picture with 4 or more stops too much ISO
>>
>>2942185
This is why I love focus peaking
>>
>>2942178
>not having a camera that can shoot competent WB

I don't make mistakes, ever.
>>
>>2942178
Now that's a shitty pic
>>
>>2942229
This desu. Fuji autoWB is so reliable that I only set a specific WB for artistic effect generally.
I forget how hard life is for Canon shooters.
>>
>>2942178
>focusing on the candle
You're a literal fucking retard
>>
>caring about WB in the field
have never bothered with it in my life
>>
>>2942255
same desu
>>
>>2942253
>Reply
IKR, ITS NOT FUCKING STOCK WORK!!
>>
>>2942178
You focused the candle and not the actual subjects
>>
>thinking my oss is good enough to let me shoot at low shutter speeds
Maybe I just have shakey hands
>>
>>2942178

My exposure compensation dial keeps getting turned in my bag. It isn't too bad when it underexposes, but when it over exposes it ruins images.

Hard to tell from just the lcd/evf at a glance too.

It wouldn't be such an issue if I wasn't always in crowded places rushing to get a shot.
>>
>>2942178
Your biggest mistake was sharing your name on this 4chan board. Delete the thread, man.
>>
>>2942181
lel
I remember when I was an AF/digi babby too anon.
>tfw shotting tri-x in daylight and sharpness becomes a bourgeois concept
>tfw I know where my lense is focused before I even bring the camera to my eye to compose
>>
File: facepalm.jpg (63KB, 605x597px) Image search: [Google]
facepalm.jpg
63KB, 605x597px
Mistakes I make in the field:
1) I fail to watch subject's expressions - looking at the details that don't matter

2) I use autofocus when doing it myself will work better

3) I don't use f/5.6-11 enough

4) I'll fuck up a photo with too slow a shutter speed when a tiny bit of extra noise is a better compromise

5) I take too few images and takes

6) I forget to control the background

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
PhotographerBart Zoni
Image-Specific Properties:
>>
>>2944052
>having a camera with a fixed-function exposure compensation dial
>a non-locking one at that

fuji problems

also why not turn on highlight/shadow clipping warning in the evf?
>>
>>2944117

The zebra thing?

I haven't tried it out yet, I just switched to this new body and am still getting used to it. How does it work?
>>
>>2944112
>6) I forget to control the background
Mostly this.

>>2942221
>not shooting auto ISO
>>
>>2944134
zebra is for video, in photo mode it's usually solid red/blue.

>using a body long enough to get annoyed by the ev dial sometimes getting bumped
>not knowing how to use important features

>>2944138
auto iso is stupid and typically just tries to keep 1/F shutter speed (or some minimum you have set), disregarding motion or presence of IS.
>>
>>2944172
>auto iso is stupid and typically just tries to keep 1/F shutter speed (or some minimum you have set), disregarding motion or presence of IS.
Keeping 1/F *is* regarding motion, 1/F is enough to freeze light motion (someone else walking in the frame; not YOU walking, that's multiplicative movement you dumb fuck)

Of course it's going to disregard IS too, since you as the shooter should know when that is or is not active- and because you're asking it to meet two conflicting standards without your input.

Auto iso isnt stupid, you are.
>>
>>2944175
>1/F is enough to freeze light motion
1/24 and 1/300 are completely different for freezing subject motion.

>you as the shooter should know when that is or is not active
So I know that it's active and I can shoot my 400mm at 1/50, but auto-ISO is still bumping the sensitivity to maintain 1/500, how is that helping? I want an option for auto-ISO to take IS bonus into account when determining minimum handheld shutter speed.
>>
File: 02_px150.jpg (289KB, 467x700px) Image search: [Google]
02_px150.jpg
289KB, 467x700px
Not remembering if I advanced the film on my Holga (double exposures, blank frames)
>>
>>2944292
>double exposures, blank frames

But isn't that part of Holgas' purpose?
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.