[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fine arts photography = black & white Discuss Pic unrelated

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: beuys-hare-gallery.jpg (57KB, 620x412px) Image search: [Google]
beuys-hare-gallery.jpg
57KB, 620x412px
Fine arts photography = black & white

Discuss

Pic unrelated

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS5 Macintosh
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2014:03:03 14:45:36
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width620
Image Height412
>>
True dat
>>
File: IMG_2767.jpg (81KB, 500x640px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2767.jpg
81KB, 500x640px
Nope

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width500
Image Height640
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2940799

portra 160 is the main gun of like every serious photographer looking to have "that look".
>>
>>2940816
>spank fodder
Correct, best in colour.
>>
>Fine art photography = black & white
>Fine art painting = only oil paintings

Do you see how stupid that sounds?

Very few photographs are works of art at all. Either they do not seek to communicate anything, or they simply lack the dedication to skillful presentation of concept which justifies the title.
>>
>>2940862

You'll actually find plenty of people who say that oil painting is the only acceptable form, and you have to use handmade pigments at that.
>>
File: 2006.56_01_b02[1].jpg (99KB, 612x475px) Image search: [Google]
2006.56_01_b02[1].jpg
99KB, 612x475px
lol if you were alive decades yeah
now its just a vsco meme if youre really banking your photo on bw
>>
>>2940799
B&W photography in fine arts is for the magnum circle jerk
>>
>>2940866
yes, and those people are called pedants. You simply cannot put restraints on method. Art doesn't work like that. The kind of control you're attempting simply is not possible. If there is one thing the history of art has taught us it's that art will not be contained. Art breaks free, it expands to new territories and crashes through barriers, painfully, maybe even dangerously, but, well, there it is. Art... finds a way.
>>
>>2940866
Gearfagging is universal, we know that much. /ck/? Cast iron cookware, seasoned with dedicated pig fat. /o/, /g/, /k/? Don't even get me started!

Traditional fine art photography is in black and white, because traditional photography is in black and white. The modern kind replaces film with a digital sensor and the darkroom print with a photoshop/lightroom (gimp/darktable) export to TIFF and dye-sub print on archival paper. Fine art isn't determined by the medium, or there'd not be any fine art photography to begin with -- it'd all be oil paints you ground yourself with dedicated mortars & pestles carved out of Italian marble by virgins.
>>
>>2940891
>he thinks using a cast iron skillet to cook a steak is gearfagging
Remind me never to eat at your place.
>microwaved eggs, anyone?
>>
>>2940896
>>>/ck/

Gearfagging is indeed universal. It's an integral part of most arts and hobbies. Although, the technical aspect of photography combined with the absolute necessity of gear (i.e. an artist could make a beautiful drawing with, idk, a stick or a rock, but you can't make a photo without buying a camera unless you're a Bohemian hermit) makes it even more prone to gearfaggotry.
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.