[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's a good film camera for a starter? I want to gift

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 2

File: autism rate.png (513KB, 520x394px) Image search: [Google]
autism rate.png
513KB, 520x394px
What's a good film camera for a starter?
I want to gift my sister a film camera around 100$ with the lens. What should i get her
>>
>>2938714
AE-1 Program black with 50mm 1.4 SSC
>>
Pentacks Kk
>>
>>2938714
Canon ae-1, Pentax spotmatic, anything from Minolta X series
The Nikon 2020 is an awesome and cheap body(30$) that allows for auto focus, auto wind that allows for rapid fire, aperture and shutter priority modes, exposure comp, and the lightest of all I mentioned. Nikon has great cheap film bodies with high tech, but Nikon lenses are generally on the more expensive side.
Also whatever you get your sister, just get her a cheap nice 50mm to start with
>>
>>2938714
i bought a bentax me + 50 1.7 for 15 euros.
>>
Minolta maxxum 7000i
>>
File: 16647515114_611a9ffdae_b.jpg (141KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
16647515114_611a9ffdae_b.jpg
141KB, 800x533px
Cool gift idea, but bear in mind you could be giving her a camera that will result in her spending $20+/roll of film when developing + scanning is all said and done.

I'm just mentioning this because I think a lot of people see cheap film gear while tending to forget the cost of actually making and digitizing the photos. So yeah, of she's interested in photography and has the means to pay for the novelty of shooting film there are some great suggestions in this thread. If she's a 16 year old with no job / minimum wage job I think a film camera will end up collecting a lot of dust.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.