[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So different fluids have different refractive indices...what

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

File: tankdeformedearthquake5.png (262KB, 793x624px) Image search: [Google]
tankdeformedearthquake5.png
262KB, 793x624px
So different fluids have different refractive indices...what if any interesting effects could you get with a liquid filled (using like layers in different planes even) camera body?
>>
>>2936555
You'd just get a hazy image if you had a liquid filled body, sensors/film don't exactly work with liquid beating against it.
Now hypothetically if you could put some sort of transparent gel or suspended liquid in your camera body, you'd get a Petra Collins aesthetic at best and nothing coherent at worst
>>
>>2936555
Hell if you want to try this out get a fully manual film camera(no batteries), and take some photos with your body full of water, you'll ruin the body and lens and learn that it's not feasible but at least it'll be a fun science experiment
>>
Liquid lenses to solve optical problems

Black holes can also be used as lenses due to the way they warp space
>>
It might work. There has been research on using liquid elements that react to electric fields as focusing elements. They would allow a much faster and quieter focus. The problem is of course containment.

If you filled your entire camera up with water and still managed to focus it properly, then you will have a shit picture with shit contrast because water isn't exactly clear as air. If I am not wrong if you focus on infinity then fill the shit up with water you'd be focusing past infinity because water is optically denser than glass.

In the end you would have accomplished nothing much.
>>
>>2936555
Glass as an amorphous solid is actually an overcooled liquid.
Lenses used liquids refractivity since the beginning. This thread is stupid.
>>
>>2936555
This is already done in lab environments to push the f-stop of photolithography lenses to f/0.5, the whole thing is submerged in a special liquid.
>>
Well, depending on the application, you could get more resolution.

>oil immersion microscopy
>>
>>2936755
>amorphous solid is actually an overcooled liquid.
fuck off with this garbage meme
>>
>>2936755
>Glass is a liquid
Go the fuck back to school children
>>
You can get the "My camera is broken and wet" effect.
>>
File: adaptive eyewear.jpg (68KB, 525x330px) Image search: [Google]
adaptive eyewear.jpg
68KB, 525x330px
>>2936555
Not photography related but it reminded me of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r1rqgvbs9GQ
http://cvdw.org/
>>
>>2939810
>>2939929
Finish a damn school first you dumbfuck artfags! Literally first year material science in any remotely engineering schools, high school and college.
It has no time to crystallize into a crystalline order so it solidifies as amorphous hence "overcooled" same thing happens to water when you cool it down. Actually you need extreme pressure to turn water into cubic crystalline form. Read some books!
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.