[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>This is no rebadged camera - Hasselblad What did they mean

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 9

File: NOT A REBADGED CAMERA.jpg (89KB, 796x448px) Image search: [Google]
NOT A REBADGED CAMERA.jpg
89KB, 796x448px
>This is no rebadged camera - Hasselblad
What did they mean by this?

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Equipment MakeOLYMPUS IMAGING CORP.
Camera ModelE-M5MarkII
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop Lightroom 6.6 (Windows)
Maximum Lens Aperturef/1.4
Color Filter Array Pattern770
Focal Length (35mm Equiv)50 mm
Image-Specific Properties:
Horizontal Resolution240 dpi
Vertical Resolution240 dpi
Image Created2016:06:23 17:27:24
Exposure Time1/80 sec
F-Numberf/2.2
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating250
Lens Aperturef/2.2
Exposure Bias-0.3 EV
Metering ModePattern
Light SourceUnknown
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length25.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeManual
White BalanceAuto
Scene Capture TypeStandard
Gain ControlHigh Gain Up
ContrastNormal
SaturationNormal
SharpnessNormal
>>
There have been several Sony (and even Fuji) cameras released with Hasselblad logos and inflated prices. This is not one of those - you can't get the same device cheaper with a different company's brand name on it.
>>
>>2931854
Waiiiit a minute, the Hasselfuji exists ? me wants
>>
File: xpan.jpg (48KB, 444x283px) Image search: [Google]
xpan.jpg
48KB, 444x283px
>>2931855
From back in the day...

Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CS Macintosh
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution75 dpi
Vertical Resolution75 dpi
Image Created2005:01:20 16:00:59
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width444
Image Height283
>>
>>2931854
>nofun.jpg
>>
>>2931857

mmmm xpan.
>>
>>2931854
>This is not one of those - you can't get the same device cheaper with a different company's brand name on it.
The Fuji GFX is looking better though, why not get the superior camera?
>>
>>2931899
We won't know which camera is superior until we see production version side by side comparisons with raw files
>>
>>2931899
I personally prefer the sleeker aesthetic of the Habbelsad, but the Fuji looks more functional.
>>
Why do we need 50 fucking threads about this camera when 99.9% of /p/ will never shoot with one?
>>
>>2931899
Meh, I'm happy with my 645z
>>
>>2931851
it's thinner than the new fooji.
foojifags on suicide watch.
>>
>>2931899
Hasselhoff has central shutter and 1/2000 flash sync. It's also thinner. I think Fuji will be better overall though.
>>
Fujifag here,

The 50S is better, the X1D is more aesthetic and LEAF shutter do have an advantage (obviously)..

However, the X1D without focal plane shutter means it is ONLY compatible with lenses with leaf shutters, Fuji have stated that the 50S will be compatible with leaf shutters, but having a focal plane shutter means all lenses without leaf shutters will also be compatible via adapters.

From a usability and versatility standpoint, it makes sense that the Fuji should have a focal plane shutter. obviously the 50S is made to be as versatile as possible, just look at the accessories and the many options you have available to shoot the camera the way you want too.
>>
>>2931857
And how bad do I want one
>>
>>2931857
Is it so fucking hard to stitch a couple of fullframe sensors side-to-side and make a new digital variant? sensor stitching is not a new concept.
>>
File: img-9300-1.jpg (347KB, 1600x1067px) Image search: [Google]
img-9300-1.jpg
347KB, 1600x1067px
>>2931851
it means that Fuji built the Blad completely different from their GFX 50S

Equipment MakeCanon
Camera ModelCanon EOS 7D
Maximum Lens Aperturef/5.7
Horizontal Resolution72 dpi
Vertical Resolution72 dpi
Image Created2016:09:21 10:30:26
Exposure Time1/50 sec
F-Numberf/5.0
Exposure ProgramAperture Priority
ISO Speed Rating3200
Lens Aperturef/5.0
Exposure Bias-1/3 EV
Metering ModePattern
FlashNo Flash, Compulsory
Focal Length40.00 mm
Color Space InformationsRGB
Image Width1600
Image Height1067
RenderingNormal
Exposure ModeAuto
White BalanceManual
Scene Capture TypeStandard
>>
>>2932548
They usually have edges, don't they?
>>
>>2931851
They meant it is, indeed, a rebadged camera.

All new Hasselblad cameras are simply a piece of industrial plastic molded around some other company's camera guts.
>>
>>2934810
perhaps but perhaps not, they probably gave fuji a wish list of specs, did their own firmware and final exterior design. they also probably put limitations on some or all hasselblad tech that fuji could use in the gfx50

Image Width650
Image Height608
>>
>>2934816
>perhaps but perhaps not

But being realistic, and knowing Hasselblad's reputation as a bunch of photo Jews, it's almost certain to be a rebadged Fuji.

>they probably gave fuji a wish list of specs, did their own firmware and final exterior design

Yes, this is certainly the extent of their work however I doubt they did the firmware. They probably directed its development but we haven't really seen if the firmware is different except maybe the startup logo yet...

>they also probably put limitations on some or all hasselblad tech that fuji could use in the gfx50

I quite seriously doubt it but anything's possible.

It's OK - Hasselblad is saying "We know this is just a Fuji, but if you want to feel slightly more important than your buddies please buy our premium-priced product that's secretly identical but probably has worse and slower service and support."

See that's one of Hassy's problems - their support is for total shit for such expensive cameras.

The other is that they basically have nothing left but the brand.
>>
>>2932070
>on photo board
>doesn't realize angle was carefully chosen
>exact same thickness
wew lad
>>
>>2934831
see >>2934816
>>
>>2934961
So subtracting the rubber eyecup which doubtless folds back or is easily removed, it's the exact same thickness.
>>
>>2935012
Are you even looking at how thick the Fuji's body is?
>>
>>2935012
that and the big box on the back that looks as big as a flip LCD from the late 1990s
>>
Hasselblad: consistently releasing cameras that look like dog shit
>>
File: IMG_3593.png (632KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3593.png
632KB, 1280x960px
>>2935442
For some reason they always make me think of one of the ugliest cars ever: the Honda Element.
>>
File: rav4.jpg (39KB, 598x436px) Image search: [Google]
rav4.jpg
39KB, 598x436px
>>2935450
They remind me of the rav4 which is a problem if your only selling point is "style"
>>
Once we see another digital medium format camera that takes 8 seconds to turn on, we'll know we found who made it.
>>
>>2931851
They rebadged a bunch of Sony cameras a while back, like a titanium A99 or a NEX with a wooden handle and big bling gem for the shutter button.
>>
File: vomitchan.jpg (82KB, 680x680px) Image search: [Google]
vomitchan.jpg
82KB, 680x680px
>>2935464
>>
>>2935442
so has every other camera manufacturer for the last 20-30 years with the exception of Leica
>>
>>2935493
>with the exception of Leica

Leica digital is the most ugly-looking of the lot, giant canteen bricks
>>
>>2935493
YOU TAKE THAT BACK YOU FILTHY SLUT, CONTAX RELEASED GREAT LOOKING CAMERAS
>>
>>2935477
chinks bought it.
beckham bought it.
Thread posts: 36
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.