[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I want to get a DSLR (will be my first) and I'm not sure

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 1

File: 1473859140374.jpg (310KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1473859140374.jpg
310KB, 1000x1000px
I want to get a DSLR (will be my first) and I'm not sure if I should get the Nikon D3300 with the AF-P 18-55 (427€), the Pentax K-S2 (525€ body only) or the Nikon D5300 (507€ body only). Because I am new to all this, I'm not sure which one I should get. I'd honestly not want to spend more than ~450€ for the body and one objective, I'd only be willing to pay more if it's really worth it. Also I'm not sure which lense I should buy with the K-S2 or the D5300.
I could compare them (and I did), but I don't know how much of a difference I will actually see.

[EXIF data available. Click here to show/hide.]
Camera-Specific Properties:
Camera SoftwareAdobe Photoshop CC 2015 (Macintosh)
Image-Specific Properties:
Image OrientationTop, Left-Hand
Horizontal Resolution300 dpi
Vertical Resolution300 dpi
Image Created2016:09:14 22:35:31
Color Space InformationUncalibrated
Image Width1000
Image Height1000
>>
>>2931400 (OP)

What kind of photography are you interested in? Portraiture, landscape, sports, wildlife, street, architecture...? How important are size and weight to you? Do you care about video features? Do you plan on buying more lenses down the line?
>>
>>2931553
Soory, forgot about that. I'm mostly interested in street photography (also at night), landscapes and portraiture. Size doesn't matter that much, but it shouldn't weight too much because I'll carry it for a long time when I'm hiking or something. Although it shouldn't be problem when I'm carrying it in a backpack, if it's not 5kg. The video feature is interesting (even more with 60fps) but I don't see myself needing it anytime soon. I'm not against buying more lenses, but before that I think I should become better with what I have at hand.
>>
I bought my first DSLR relatively recently, 4 months ago and it is the Nikon D3300 with the kit lens you mentioned

For a beginner, I'd say it's great, however, I quickly learned everything there is to learn on a basic level, and now it seems a little limiting

But it is a great camera, I'd recommend it, easy to get a good hang with it and the image quality with the kit lens is rather nice, however I'd recommend getting a 55 - 200mm (or similar) lens for further away subjects

Btw, I'm pretty sure you can get it for cheaper, I got mine with the lens and delivery for 390€, but perhaps it's differently priced where you live
>>
>>2931400
Stick with mirrorless,

the wysiwyg viewfinder will help you improve your skills with exposure exponentially faster, not to mention the viewfinder will be much larger, more useful in low light, far superior with manual focus lenses, smaller, lighter, you can adapt any old lens to them so you have lots of super affordable options.

What you miss out on; clacky mirror sound, looking like a doofus.

The Sony aps-c range is perfect for beginners, anything from the old nex-3 to the a6300 depending on your wallet and needs, personally I'd stick to the nex-6, nex-7, a3000, a6000 and a6300 as they all have viewfinders. I recommend Sony over Fuji, as Fuji's lens options are pretty dire and horrendously expensive, Sony gets the super cheap, amazing quality Sigma DN range of primes, along with an upgrade path if you wish to push this hobby further in the future.
>>
>>2931400
>>2931785
You should be watching used cameras instead, you'll get sufficient IQ and good ergonomics for a lot less vs buying new.
Recommended bodies:
>Nikon D7xxx
>Canon 70D
>Pentax K3 or K5 (though continuos AF performance will be worse vs Canikon)

If you absolutely want to buy new stuff, get the Pentax one out of those three. Nikon D3xxx/5xxx -series offer good IQ, but they suck at ergonomics due to Nikons policy of gimping the bodies in a way that can necessitate an eventual upgrade to a more expensive models. Their viewfinders are tiny and dim (cheaper pentamirrors instead of pentaprisms), there's not enough buttons to immediately access things you may need to change on the fly, they lack weather or dust sealing, old-school AF-systems etc.
>>
>>2931810
Sony also has limited and pricey selections. the only plus is that you can use Minolta A-mount lenses with the Alpha series bodies with a cropped sensor.
i have a sony a77II
>>
>>2931822
I'm talking about the E mount range only, a mount is all but dead.

With E mount you can use an adapter to get incredibly usable results from autofocus Canon lenses, or with the A mount converter for older sony/minolta stuff.
>>
>>2931400
So you like my photo, eh? That was taken with medium format film.
>>
>>2931929
You da freaking BOSS!
>>
OP here
>>2931804
I'll keep that in mind. And for the prices, I was just taking the normal Amazon prices for better comparison.
>>2931818
That's a pretty good idea, I didn't think about buying a used one. If I buy a used one, I think it'd be a Nikon D7xxxs, not sure which tho.
>>2931810
>>2931822
>>2931823
Thanks for the suggestion, but I think I'll stick with mirror.
>>2931929
Your photos from the japan thread are all so awesome!
>>
I'd also like some help deciding on my first DSLR. Im looking at the Nikon D5300, but there also a nice special on a EOS 750D. Im looking at taking star photography. Can anyone maybe recommend a different cheap camera I should look at.
>>
Op
The cameras you mentioned are apsc sensors, therefor get the nikon body with a 35mm 1,8 lens...that will make it to 50mm
Canon doesnt have an apsc lens like nikon does...
Get a d5200 maybe and buy a 2nd hand lens nikkor 35mm 1,8
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.