[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

DSLR vs Mirrorless. Will mirrorless make dslr obsolete? As most

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: 8386691836_362062c3fe_z.jpg (50KB, 640x361px) Image search: [Google]
8386691836_362062c3fe_z.jpg
50KB, 640x361px
DSLR vs Mirrorless. Will mirrorless make dslr obsolete? As most mirrorless cameras are APS-C, is it no longer a disadvantage to shoot with a smaller sensor?
>>
>>2929116
Who cares. Go take pictures. Or eat shit. Whatever you do, just fuck off.
>>
>>2929116
Phone cameras made dslr's obsolete
>>
DSLR will most likely stay relevant for a long time, because the autofocus technology will most likely stay ahead and they also consume less battery. Even if the autofocus advantage would disappear, some photographers simply prefer optical viewfinders. Mirrorless will become more powerful in the consumer segment and DSLRs will remain popular among enthusiasts and professionals.
>>
>>2930056
>Mirrorless will become more powerful in the consumer segment and DSLRs will remain popular among enthusiasts and professionals.
Other way around. Consumers buy rebels, enthusiasts buy xe1s and a7s, professionals buy xpro2 or fuji medium format
>>
>>2930063
Don't let your fanboyism cloud your thoughts.
Mirrorless is cheaper and simpler to manufacture, so eventually they will replace the low end DSLRs. Enthusiasts and professionals will buy more mirrorless cameras, sure, but as long as DSLRs have superior autofocus and battery life, many enthusiasts and professionals will buy them. So the DSLR market will shrink and shift towards high end but DSLRs will not become obsolete.
>>
>>2929116
> Will mirrorless make dslr obsolete?
Sony already has DSLR-like AF performance down. And not requiring a mirror flip down to meter has many advantages.

I'd say mirrors are on their way out in the next few years, yes.

>is it no longer a disadvantage to shoot with a smaller sensor
No? I'm not actually sure that we won't also see some new BIG (bigger than FF) sensors going forward.

The reason why you're not seeing too many FF sensors is probably that Sony also owns a good part of the camera sensor market...
>>
>>2930056
>>2930063
>>2930066
AF parity already has happened for most of the camera market.

A $1k A6300 can track flying birds and all that now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G98HfUIY9D8
>>
on-sensor phase detect kills the DSLR
>>
HAHAHA WHERE WERE YOU WHEN MFT WAS KILL
>>
I wish I didn't have to bring a camera to do good photography.
>>
>>2929116
EVF has the potential to be better than optical, if they made the resolution better, huge advantage in low light.
The A99 II has a translucent mirror, which allows for sensor and phase detect auto focus
I think in the future, sensor auto focus will be so advanced that phase detect will be obsolete.
Currently DSLRs only advantages are runway photography and sporting events, I went to school for commercial photography, all studio work, almost all of my classmates have moved on to mirrorless
>>
>>2930143
no
>>
>>2930195
FOUND THE MFTURD
>>
Well if they do they better design their mirrorless cameras with F mount or I'll burn Japan to the ground.

>Inb4 metabones

Anyway another advantage of dslrs over mirrorless is weight. Attaching something heavy and front weighted like a 105 f2.8 macro to a tiny 300gr body is way more uncomfortable than balancing it with a big, sturdy 800gr dslr. That feeling is just brilliant.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.